Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney Fan & Musician

Smile Petition to bring back VMK!

I made a petition to bring back VMK! Please join! Once we get enough people we will send it to Disney!

BRING BACK VMK!

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Re: Petition to bring back VMK!

Not to burst your bubble, but Disney went to great lengths to make VMK go away. I doubt an Internet petition--no matter how many signatures it has--will inspire them to bring it back.

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    Not to burst your bubble, but Disney went to great lengths to make VMK go away. I doubt an Internet petition--no matter how many signatures it has--will inspire them to bring it back.
    Why'd Disney want it gone? O.o

• Disney aficionado

VMK? Is that the site where I heard that you can actually pretend like you were in the parks without being there? I always wanted to try that out, but I could never find it online.

it will NOT come back, no matter what you do. If Disney makes up their minds to do something nothing is going to make them change it back.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

VMK had a purpose, and now that purpose is over - and they didn't feel they needed to continue it.

You'll discover that many things you like/love will dissapear in your life - with no fault to your own. That's just the way things work.
    -Monorail Man

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vccharisma View Post
    Why'd Disney want it gone? O.o
    Because it had a good run and it was time for it to move on. VMK was an online promotion, originally developed by the Parks division to coincide with Disneyland's 50th birthday. They had no intention of keeping it around long-term. It also didn't generate any revenue, so it made it expensive to operate. In 2008, when Disney reorganized its online gaming division (which runs POTC Online and Pixie Hollow, among others), there was no desire to migrate VMK over from Parks, so it was discontinued.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Yes, its to bad that Disney felt that VMK no longer served a purpose in their greater scheme of things... but if they had wanted/needed to bring it back they would of done so on their own. They know how disappointed people were when they killed it. They know how many people made friends along the way. They know it was one of the most successful and popular online games.

But knowing that just isn't enough if they don't need it for their marketing current strategy.

And I hate to be the one to break the news to you... but you are far from being the first one to start a petition to try to get it back...

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Addicted to MC since '08

Back when VMK closed Disney got so many emails and petitions and even a protest at Disneyland. It was madness. It has died down by now and almost everybody has just accepted that it is gone. Petitions and emails are pretty much pointless, now matter how many or how many people sign them.

Also, I agree with the above posts. VMK had its run, and I admit, it was a great one. I loved VMK, however, it was time for it to go and I have accepted it and moved on with my life.

• Queen Elsa

Also VMK wouldn't be the same without our beloved Little Dragon R.I.P. My friend. She may alot of people happy with her game skells. I do miss my friends there but I have some of them in another game that we are some what playing sorry can't give the name cause it's not a Disney online game but me and my friends came to the VMK will never come back. So sorry your petiton will not go thew.

• All-American

Quote Originally Posted by disneytim View Post
    Because it had a good run and it was time for it to move on. VMK was an online promotion, originally developed by the Parks division to coincide with Disneyland's 50th birthday. They had no intention of keeping it around long-term. It also didn't generate any revenue, so it made it expensive to operate. In 2008, when Disney reorganized its online gaming division (which runs POTC Online and Pixie Hollow, among others), there was no desire to migrate VMK over from Parks, so it was discontinued.
    Quote Originally Posted by penguinsoda View Post
    Yes, its to bad that Disney felt that VMK no longer served a purpose in their greater scheme of things... but if they had wanted/needed to bring it back they would of done so on their own. They know how disappointed people were when they killed it. They know how many people made friends along the way. They know it was one of the most successful and popular online games.

But knowing that just isn't enough if they don't need it for their marketing current strategy.

And I hate to be the one to break the news to you... but you are far from being the first one to start a petition to try to get it back...
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    Back when VMK closed Disney got so many emails and petitions and even a protest at Disneyland. It was madness. It has died down by now and almost everybody has just accepted that it is gone. Petitions and emails are pretty much pointless, now matter how many or how many people sign them.

Also, I agree with the above posts. VMK had its run, and I admit, it was a great one. I loved VMK, however, it was time for it to go and I have accepted it and moved on with my life.
    It's so refreshing to hear answers like these rather than the "becauz Disney is evillllll" repeated over and over on other sites... I looked for a long time elsewhere for some real reasons for its closure and struggled to find anything.

Should've tried MiceChat!

- Captain-Nemo... Fireworks CHAMPION!

Long live VMK

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyPro View Post
    a protest at Disneyland

It was a powerful protest. Six people showed up, and one of them loved VMK so much, he dressed up like Santa Claus to disguise his identity from the media.

Heh.

• Who are you again?

[QUOTE=Monorail Man;1055287953]VMK had a purpose, and now that purpose is over - and they didn't feel they needed to continue it.

purpose? PURPOSE?!?!

what?

a game where your able to be at the disney parks while not? make friends and have fun?! HAS A PURPOSE!?!?!?!? they made up that 50th celabration crud for ****s and giggles!!!!

if VMK have a purpose it were to have fun jerkwad!

*phew* did i realy say that? well someone dissin' VMK gets me mad
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• Happy Haunt

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post

It was a powerful protest. Six people showed up, and one of them loved VMK so much, he dressed up like Santa Claus to disguise his identity from the media.

Heh.
    Hahaha, this post made me laugh! Was it 6 people that met somewhere online or did they know each other? I hope they didn't try to drum up support online and a bunch of people were just no-shows.

• Im Monsters Incorporated!

hahah another big reason why this protest didnt work and vmk wont come back... VMK HAD AN AGE LIMIT under 18 i think it was.. the only people protesting appear to be all over 18 haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast