Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: VMK unleashed?

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Re: VMK unleashed?

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    Want to know what VMK Unleashed will be? The park in Japan called Nara Dreamland. Google "Nara Dreamland" and you'll see what it is: a cheap knock off of the original, with none of the magic that made the origininal so great.
    They should call the new project VND.
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• That's What She Said.

It seems sketchy and I just don't see how they think they can use all the same graphics that Disney used for VMK without any trouble.

Sosai X, you truely inspire me.

VMKUnleashed will be Back: Unfortunately, the VMKU that was promised to you by a certain member of this site is no longer happening. The user who was supposed to create the game did not actually go through with the plans and continued to stall and make excuses. Now that May 21st has passed, we feel the members of this site need to know the truth. VMKU is not going to happen.. or atleast in the way it was first planned.
    The original coder of VMKU will not be returning. We understand if you are angry, but it is the only option that will stop lies and excuses. If you feel you need to leave the site, we completely understand.
    I am not a coder, but I can do my best to turn this into a community for people who played VMK. You will be able to come here for a large family of people who miss the game and would like to reconnect with friends. While we won't be able to make a fully-functional game, we do think we'll be able to make a GPVMK-like program that will be updated frequently. You can come to this site not only for VMK-related forums, but for the simple fact off sharing your life with the type of people who enjoyed Virtual Magic Kingdom. We'll keep you up to date and be honest with you about what kind of progress we're making.
    Sincerely,
    Drayton
    VMKU Administrator
    All I can say is... I knew it!

• Banned User

I feel bad for the kids who were led on, but I guess they should have noticed.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Another bogus promise goes unfulfilled.
    Fight On! Beat the Huskers!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

If you return to there site you notice a sign saying the site closed! Almost 8,000 Members let down and alot of kids our going to be sad!
    Last edited by justinrocks58; 05-23-2009 at 11:37 PM.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Quote Originally Posted by justinrocks58 View Post
    If you return to there site you notice a sign saying the site closed! Almost 8,000 Members let down and alot of kids our going to be sad!

Hah! See? I was right. I've been saying since the very beginning that this was a fraud. But did any of those guys listen? No. They were fooled by Jared, and now, it's over. We can all move on.
    Last edited by Sosai X; 05-26-2009 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Hotlinking image, against site rules

• Banned User

The forums are now gone..

-snicker-

• I'll pencil this in later

Hah! See? I was right. I've been saying since the very beginning that this was a fraud. But did any of those guys listen? No. They were fooled by Jared, and now, it's over. We can all move on.
    Yeah, the whole thing was such a big joke, it was so obvious it was going nowhere, to me at least. And now it's over.
    Last edited by MickeyMaxx; 05-24-2009 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Hotlinked Image Removed per MC Policy

• myleadguitargirl from VMK

I so knew it wouldn't have worked!!

This is a pretty old thread, but..

I checked out Unleashed for about a month up until a few days ago when they collapsed. From what I heard, it was all a bunch of inflated lies. Screenshots of the "game" were released when in actuality, they were photoshopped images of the Virtual Magic Kingdom. Alpha stages of the game being set on the horizon for release when there was not an ounce of progress in the development. Even on the game forums promises were not fulfilled. Their board was nothing short of chaotic. (However, better than some, might I add.)

It's a shame that so many people were sucked into this lie. Especially their staff members. BlazinBeats, a staff member, even openly admitted that he hadn't even been in the game--two weeks before alpha was supposed to be released. If that wasn't a sure indication that this was fraud, I don't know what else it would take to convince you at the time.

Good thing I didn't get too involved.

You know, I really love having fun with you guys. Most fun I ever had was posting that fake copyright letter back in January. Laugh a minute!
    You know, just saying, sending fake copyright notices is technically illegal, eligible to be charged with operating without a lawyer, without a license. Don't make dumb decisions and do things like that, even if it's a "joke".

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Quote Originally Posted by DrummerDaze View Post
    This is a pretty old thread, but..

I checked out Unleashed for about a month up until a few days ago when they collapsed. From what I heard, it was all a bunch of inflated lies. Screenshots of the "game" were released when in actuality, they were photoshopped images of the Virtual Magic Kingdom. Alpha stages of the game being set on the horizon for release when there was not an ounce of progress in the development. Even on the game forums promises were not fulfilled. Their board was nothing short of chaotic. (However, better than some, might I add.)

It's a shame that so many people were sucked into this lie. Especially their staff members. BlazinBeats, a staff member, even openly admitted that he hadn't even been in the game--two weeks before alpha was supposed to be released. If that wasn't a sure indication that this was fraud, I don't know what else it would take to convince you at the time.

Good thing I didn't get too involved.

You know, just saying, sending fake copyright notices is technically illegal, eligible to be charged with operating without a lawyer, without a license. Don't make dumb decisions and do things like that, even if it's a "joke".

Goes to show what you know. Jared spent six hours a day on the phone with his so-called girlfriend, which is why nothing ever happened. But since the whole thing is dead and gone now, we don't need to talk about it anymore.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Here's a family tree of how things have come down since VMK closed...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast