Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: VMK unleashed?

Re: VMK unleashed?

Sosai X, I couldn't agree anymore with your tree. To add on to it, I made my own with a few added things to it.

Last edited by vmkfan13; 06-03-2009 at 03:10 PM.

• I eat TR's for breakfast!

Half of the stuff on that chart I've never heard of.

Then again, I'm kind of thankful for that.

• Who are you again?

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    Hah. VMK Unleashed is what one teenager in Pennsylvania is attempting to call a "game". His name is Jared.....
    isnt that what VMK use to be like? just an avatar moving from screen to screen?

oh, and dont use logic. logic doesnt work in this world any more
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

deleted message
    Last edited by silverlucas; 06-03-2009 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    Hah. VMK Unleashed is what one teenager in Pennsylvania is attempting to call a "game". His name is Jared Jones, and he mainly has developed pirate servers for World of Warcraft. He and his online friends have said that they can create "something that is 99.99999% the same as VMK". They have been saying this since, what, last November, and nothing whatsoever has come to fruition, other than their webpage and the forums (which run on a pirated Vbulletin license BTW). If you read the forums over there, it's just a bunch of random insanity most of the time. They have announced all sorts of grand schemes and plans, and yet a few weeks ago they declared that Disney had denied them permission to use anything from VMK in their "unleashed" project. And despite all their claims and promises, not a single image of their "project" has been released. Jared (or Oatman as he calls himself) claims to have a robust server to host the game, but the truth is it's just his home pc in his bedroom. Nothing more than that. There is no game, there never was. You might say, "hey, they said that the pre-alpha release of the game is next week, so that proves the game is real!". Think again. Jared is just stringing you along. He will release some kind of download, which will be nothing more than a Flash file, composed of several crude and poorly made images looped together with some sort of avatar than can move back and forth between the various screens. There will be no gameplay whatsoever, and since he has all the kids believing the lie, he will call it "the future of VMK Unleashed", and everyone will eat it up. All the kids on the forums are expecting to be able to play the Disney VMK as they knew it when it closed. But with VMK Unleashed, they are in for quite a shocking dissapointment.

And on another cloud, have you noticed that all of Jared's most loyal forum admins, aka Drayton, AdventureGho, SkyRocket, JastroK, and others, have been fired and dumped from the project for one reason or another? How can they be expected to run a "game" when they can't even run their forums in a civilized manner?

And when you get down to the real truth, the only reason that their websites and forums even exist, is to capitalize on the group of kids that played VMK, and would jump at the chance to play it again. So Jared and his cronies throw together their webpages, claim to be remaking VMK, sign up for the Google Adsense program to cash in on all the page views that such a site would generate, and laugh all the way to the bank. So at the very center, it's one 16-year-old kid and his girlfriend, foisting a fraud on the world to make a few ill-gotten dollars.

So there you have it.

Hah. Seems like the people over at the VMK U forums have discovered this post. I take my hat off to you, MoomaladeMuffin, for setting the facts straight. And thank you for telling me the final details I needed, now I know exactly which judicial district you are in, when the need to file paperwork arises. You should know I read the U forums every day, and I enjoy what I read there. But yet, the vast majority of the members you have accululated are just innocent kids, who have no idea the reality of what VMK U actually is. So until this "alpha" client is released, and the world sees what VMK U actually is (an unauthorized reproduction of a beloved game, or in other words a cheap imitation, a knock-off, a fake), have fun with what you have left.

That was filled with lies.
    You are a freaking moron.
    JastroK got fired because he was not active.
    Skyrocket got fired because alot of people didnt like him.
    AdventureGho was never a staff
    Awesometony was not either.
    jared is not from Pen.
    it was not fraud. there is proof he did remake vmk.
    He made blazinbeats, etta, drayton and some more remake vmk rooms it was going good.
    But he didnt know so many people would join the site over 9000. so he got startled and decided to put off vmku. He is still working on it secretly though. The server he owned was not good enough for 9K people. People suspected him for fraud and embezzlement, mostly immature tweeners crying over a virtual game. I think that you guys should stop making rumors and ask the REAL VMKU STAFF what happened. and dont get third party information.

Quote Originally Posted by [LEFT
    silverlucas[/left];1055370185]That was filled with lies.
    jared is not from Pen.
    He made blazinbeats, etta, drayton and some more remake vmk rooms it was going good.
    But he didnt know so many people would join the site over 9000. so he got startled and decided to put off vmku. He is still working on it secretly though. The server he owned was not good enough for 9K people. People suspected him for fraud and embezzlement, mostly immature tweeners crying over a virtual game. I think that you guys should stop making rumors and ask the REAL VMKU STAFF what happened. and dont get third party information.
    I just wanted to point out a few things..

The insult was unnecessary.
    JastroK and SkyRocket were fired, the reason isn't important.
    AdventureGho and Awesometony may not have been staff but they contributed to the site and played the role of a staff.
    Just a quick note, Jared once mistakenly said he was from Pennsylvania in a chat when talking about the server. Aside from that, I don't see how that would affect the post a whole lot.
    You may claim that the game isn't a fraud but the public was never given a sample of the actual game and therefor the game can never be confirmed. We cannot simply agree to your claims when no outsiders were given the same access to the "game" as the staff.
    Third party sources aren't any less reliable as a first party source.

You only managed to point out a few "lies" and most of which aren't truly lies.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Quote Originally Posted by silverlucas View Post
    That was filled with lies.
    jared is not from Pen.

Hah. Didn't you read Jared's final statement?

Dear Members,

VMKUnleashed has been around for quite sometime now. VMKUnleashed started as a project with hope and a bright future with a destiny that shined throughout the hopes of many young adults and little kids hearts, it even had the older adults grasping for it's joys. VMKUnleashed which started as a strong and well supported project, had began to crumble as progression became more advanced.

It had all started one day with the closure of VMK. When this historic and well beloved game was shutdown, it broke my people's hearts and dreams. So my good friend MoomaladeMuffin and I set out on a dream with our good ol' pal Drayton to help us get through and to make an online game. What began to happen though was nothing less than mind bottling. When VMKUnleashed Forums had opened up its gates as a forums and as a website with a great staffing team and a great and amazing community, many problems began to emerge. Popularity, of all things was the main reason for the downfal for this project. As more and more people began to show up to the site daily, the more and more did myself and the rest of the developers began to stop working on stuff for a game but instead work on stuff for the forums. Although, even at this point Drayton and Etta as well as BlazinBeats were out making rooms and maps for this game to take off and for it to be historically amazing. Even I was looking to go out and turn this project into an amazing phylosophy. Well as time had went on, people change, please move on, this is how life works. This project began to take its toll when I began to fall in love with one of the most beautiful women in the entire world, "Arietta." She was so sweet and adorable, that all I began to want to do was spend time with her. My concentration on this game would eventually stop, just so I could be with her and talk to her for so long. Almost all of my ambition and work for this game all game to an aburpt halt for this amazing woman. So as time progressed and I began to build a bigger and strong relationship with Etta other stuff had been boiling up on the VMKUnleashed web site. Staff began to ask questions, which resulted mainly in them going to others looking to find the truth behind the progress of VMKUnleashed. When they didn't find anything they were looking for but a deeper and darker tunnel of questions they resulted to rebellion. This rebellion eventually leaded them into apologizing and returning back to the developement team. Then the one day happened, the one day that would totally change VMKUnleashed's aspect forever. Drayton, had decided that enough was enough! So he had left VMKUnleashed after Oatman had publically humiliated him and always put the blame on him. When Drayton had left the developement of the game had instantly stopped even more to where nothing but "PURE" and heartless lies were pouring out of the Administration department of the web site to keep members active and participating. Well time went on and Drayton had decided to return, but this time with questions. He would always preasure and ask Oatman what and how the progress of VMKUnleashed was going, and I would always say, "Its alright I guess, we just need to get more work done." Well this was never happening and was an outward LIE! So on the date of May 22nd, 2009 it had begun, what I would like to personally call myself, the civil war of VMKUnleashed. The day that would mark the end of the entire online community. On this date around 11:30 PM EST time a plot began to emerge where Mac had decided enough was enough, and he assembled the entire community to overthrow the leader of the site to show the people the truth behind the game. Then on May 23rd, 2009, The official end of VMKU the chess pieces were in their rightful place and it was time. That evening, the entire site was overthrown and was in complete control of Drayton who only wanted to show the members the truth of VMKU. When the site was taken over, a fight broke out between Drayton and I and in the midst of this fight the information for VMKUnleashed was deleted.

I would like to publicly apologize to the entire community, not only to my staff members but to those guests and normal members that endured so much of their time just to be on a site that was a pit of lies and dispair. I deeply appreciate the time taken for you to read this entire to page to find out the truth behind all of VMKU's deep secrets. As a token of my appreciation, I would like to thank GPDOT for making a place where we can all visit the once true, "Virtual Magic Kingdom!" Thank you so much fo this past year and I hope that everyone can move on with their lifes and can forgive me for my mistakes. I DEEPLY apologize.

Sincerely,
    Oatman

P.S: It is best that everyone stays away from any other company that *claims* that they are remaking VMK. VMK is over, lets not hold on to the past.
    That seals it. He quit working on the game, cause he was spending 6 hours a day talking to Etta on the phone. He lied to everyone about the game. And most people believed him.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Folks, let's refrain from Personal Attacks! Please remember to read our FAQ's if you are not clear on our rules!
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Another problem with this whole VMK clone situation is that the kids involved refuse to accept or understand the reality of what's going on. I've tried and tried to make them understand the logistics of making a game like VMK, and the legality of using Disney's intellectual property, but they just don't listen.

VMKingdoms still exist but under a new name "vmkrelived.com" and now merged with "vmkevolved". They originally claimed to have changed their name because of their fear that previous staff Apeman's reputation would affect their own site's. However, they're now claiming that Apeman owned the domain and was no longer willing to share it. They even claim that Apeman's father demanded that the domain was given back.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

It was Gary Sohmers that registered the domain through his business. As far as I can figure, it must have been Apeman's dad, since Apeman is only 14 years old. And is it the same Gary Sohmers that does Antiques Roadshow?

You are correct, sir. Gary Sohmers is indeed, Apeman's (Thomas Sohmers') dad.

Quote Originally Posted by vmkfan13 View Post
    AdventureGho and Awesometony may not have been staff but they contributed to the site and played the role of a staff.
    This is somewhat true. We didn't really ever help members or anything, but we ran their podcast. Of course, when we ran it we had no idea the game was really fake. Me and Tony suspected it for months, but we kept making podcast episodes.

Yesterday, VMKR attempted to bring back DEV_Apeman as a new developer under a new name but using the same account. Someone found out and posted it on the "new" developer's welcome thread. I suspect this has something to do with VMKR's recently added password protection.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Man! And after it was Apeman's actions that split the community apart. Unbelievable.

• Banned User

Apeman is a 14 year old kid which mean he cannot legally enter into contracts, drive a car, drink alcohol, smoke tobacco, vote, and other stuff.

Why would you put your faith in a kid who can legally renege on any deal he makes? Anyone who did VMK or any other game sites such as Howrse, Fay, Furry Paws, Gaia, Cat Tails and Wajas could tell you that while some teens are shrewd businessmen and capable of running a corporation many are not up to running a business.

why not give up on VMK like I did and move on. It is not coming back and the only way anyone can recreate VMK is to have enough money, time, and man power to produce, monitor and run such a site. Look at all the people it took to run VMK like VMK_Babs. It would take massive amounts of resources to recreate and run VMK.

You all trusted a kid and got burned, sorry but I like teens but would never trust one to recreate VMK. No money, no free time, and parents to deal with.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast