Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: VMK unleashed?

Re: VMK unleashed?

It seems like VMKUM pulled their same tactic: Closed and deleted every post from last night and pretended like it never happened.

They also deleted the Goodbye forum. I guess they don't want people to leave. -_-

It also seems that Adam_rocks posted more proof that VMK is copyrighted last night. (that got locked with no reason, ROFL)

The staff who locked it had one simple excuse:

Oh, I'm closing this thread since you said you were leaving this forum.

I wonder how he got to be staff in the first place?

This statement was posted by Wings:

Quote Originally Posted by Wings
    I know your all a little skeptical after what happened at VMK.Unleashed but that doesn't mean you have to put a damper on everything that is going on here because of it. You all say that there "can only be one VMK remake" or "VMK needs to rest in peace", but that never arised when VMK.Unleashed was going on, so why do you have to say that here? I can't think of any good reasons to say that here and not there. It is just plain rude to claim that we can't do it, and you haven't even given us a chance. You don't know what we are up to, we don't have any staff that were directly involved in the development or claimed development of VMK.Unleashed, so you shouldn't compare us to them.

Another thing that has been arising is that we haven't show any work to you. Here is another thing, VMK Kingdoms and VMK Relived has never shown anything, so why bother us. As well as once showing work on a live radio stream, we have shown various pictures. VMK Kingdoms which is now VMK Relived showed fake work which they stole, just because they changed there name doesnt mean they are going to change there ways. Not saying you shouldn't respect VMK Relived. You should respect BOTH of us because we are going out of our ways to at least ATTEMPT to make a game that you love but you all complain.

My final comments is that if you don't support this game leave, because comments that you make will no longer be tolerated, because VMK Unlimited will no longer be a victim to a double standard.
    These statements are hilarious. I mean.. first you discredit VMKRelived, calling them thieves, and then you tell your members to still have some respect for them. Then you ask your community to give back respect to the staff when yet they fail to return it themselves. VMKUMagic is not a victim of a double standard but instead the community.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRetro
    Recently Sport said the members aren't allowed to post thank you threads. We the staff members have discussed this matter and we have came to the decision that we'll allow Goodbye threads. But if they do get out of hand, they will be deleted immediately and infractions will be given out.
    Huh? So we still can't post thank you threads?

Another imitator? I wonder if this imitator is really an imitator or just someone who sign up for that screen name before he tried.

Once again has SkyRocket caused trouble by posting a thread on legal issues on VMKRelived. He posted the number to WDIG and he is requesting proof that the game is legal. I don't understand why he doesn't call the number himself, I mean he even posted it! He's pretty much rephrasing what Adam_rocks had said a few days ago. Yes VMKR is illegal and they don't care. However, DEV_Mr.Icecreamman has apparently got a hold of someone via another number.

This makes me recall the similar event that happened a few months ago when Jared "called" WDIG and discussed the issue. A few weeks later he gets a response that would "delay" his game. We later learned that much of it was fabricated and was simply used as an excuse to extend deadlines.
    Last edited by vmkfan13; 06-16-2009 at 02:23 PM.

VMK_Experience is trying to contact AOL to sue Inferno for taking his name on AIM...

Excuse me for this, but that's just retarded.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Quote Originally Posted by DEV_Mr.Icecreamman
    due to my procrasination of trying to secure the funds my dad owed me I was unable to pay the VMKr hosting payment.

But no worries I have to funds secured for tomorrow! The hosting will also be prepaid for an additional two months. So no downtime will occur from this point on.

The server will be suspended at 12 am EST, 11 PM Central, 9 Pacific.

The server will be paid at:
    6 PM Eastern
    5 PM Central
    3 PM Pacific.

And as I said I will prepay 2 months in advanced.
    This is straight from R. They can't even pay the $20 a month domain hosting fees for their forum. How do they expect to pay for the thousands of dollars each month that a VMK clone will cost?

and now an all-time classic:

Quote Originally Posted by GameDude on VMKUM

Now nobody says is theres, because we know it isnt lol.

Everything is a work in progress.

Most done room is forecourt. But stay tuned

Animated rooms is something that will come in the future
    The key is that last sentence. He says "that will come in the future", but what he means is, "none of us have any clue how to program the game, so all you are going to get is static images and a crude character floating around the screen."

Without the hyper interactivity and movement that was in the original VMK, whatever the clone makers manage to cobble together will be flat, motionless and silent. The players will take one look at it, go "Meh" and abandon it forever. Their goal of making "something 99.999% the same as VMK" is down to about, well, 1% now.

Quote Originally Posted by VMK101 View Post
    VMK_Experience is trying to contact AOL to sue Inferno for taking his name on AIM...

Excuse me for this, but that's just retarded.
    HOST_Inferno? I doubt she's the "name thief".

How do they expect to pay for the thousands of dollars each month that a VMK clone will cost?
    It's not required to pay that much. They're probably going to use their home computers to support a minimal 100 users. Will it lag? Probably but no one knows how well they'll setup the emulation process (VMKR is a retro).

Quote Originally Posted by Sportcar on VMKUMagic
    Hello my name is Matt ******, I am currently in the process of making a virtual game. We are basing it off Disneys Virtual Magic Kingdom. We know there maybe some copyright issues, but if there are any on the game please let us know immediately. I am also aware of all the Disney trademarks take for an example "Shruken Ned" and "Esmeralda" have a Disney copyright on them, so we would not be including that in the game. We ask you to please contact us back as soon as possible, if you would like to reach me by phone contact me at ***-***-**** thank you.

Thanks,
    -Matt ******
    They expect to receive something as significant as "copyright" for such a poorly written message?

Didn't VMKUMagic repeatedly steal from other sites including VMKMagic? Why would they continue to do such a thing and even steal from VMKRelived? Do they not realize that half their users are members of VMKRelived..?

We hired this graphic artist, Z, and he stole your graphics, once we found out they were stolen, we removed the graphics ASAP, and fired the person.
    Wings posted that on VMKRelived as his "explanation" for the recent stolen graphics.. That still doesn't explain why many other things were stolen prior to his hiring.
    Last edited by vmkfan13; 06-17-2009 at 09:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vmkfan13 View Post
    HOST_Inferno? I doubt she's the "name thief".

It's not required to pay that much. They're probably going to use their home computers to support a minimal 100 users. Will it lag? Probably but no one knows how well they'll setup the emulation process (VMKR is a retro).

They expect to receive something as significant as "copyright" for such a poorly written message?

Didn't VMKUMagic repeatedly steal from other sites including VMKMagic? Why would they continue to do such a thing and even steal from VMKRelived? Do they not realize that half their users are members of VMKRelived..?

Wings posted that on VMKRelived as his "explanation" for the recent stolen graphics.. That still doesn't explain why many other things were stolen prior to his hiring.
    Oh Matt Satter, stop hiding your last name in that quote you provided. Anybody can get it, along with your phone number, email, and address. Stop thinking everything is private.

I also love how VMKU asked if they should continue the game. Of course people are going to say yes. Most of them are little suck ups who just want to be staff.

Other things I love how VMKU is how they hire a staff member that joined the site one day ago. All because he uses proper spelling and grammar doesn't make him staff material.

Also, what about the "Alpha Test" that got delayed a few weeks ago? We haven't heard about it since. All because one staff member gave out a little information about it (which nobody even heard), the alpha test needs to be delayed for weeks, and probably months? All because they show us a poorly photoshopped edit of the dance game doesn't make the game become real. It proved that one out of the two graphic artists they have are poor at editing.

Wait a minute...

Now nobody says is theres, because we know it isnt lol.

Everything is a work in progress.

Most done room is forecourt. But stay tuned
    Didn't he just admit that there was never an Alpha test, since he said everything is work in progress? They haven't even completed one room of this game yet? And this was a quote from yesterday. The Alpha test was going to come out WEEKS ago. What did they plan to show us if it wasn't delayed? A few uncomplete rooms? That's nice.

As for VMKr, I can care less about them. They said their game server would be the same VMK's used, and it would only cost $50 dollars a month. That's a lie. When somebody asked how they found out what server VMK used, and if they can show proof of their so called VMK server. The staff ignored that post.

First of all:

How do they know what server VMK used?
    How are they going to get it?
    I doubt the price is $50 dollars, and even if it is, they can't even afford $20 dollars to run a forum.

I also love how his dad is paying him. He said he is getting paid $100 dollars because he fixed his dad's computer.

Oh please. His parents clothe him, provide an education for him, feed him, shelter him, ect, and he can't even fix his dad's computer without getting payed. How nice.
    Last edited by VMK101; 06-17-2009 at 03:36 PM.

VMKR is a mess. There was a tonne of spam posted on VMKR today but most of it was removed by Minnie. If there were two spammers, things could of got hectic.

VMKUMagic is on a "break" probably to cleanse their forums. They'll probably return a week later with a certain few threads missing.. I'm sure there's some internal conflict going on between the staff and I wouldn't be surprised if a staff went missing after this "break".

July is rapidly approaching. I wonder what's going to happen, especially with VMKRelived since they're set for mid-July.

Quote Originally Posted by vmkfan13 View Post
    VMKR is a mess. There was a tonne of spam posted on VMKR today but most of it was removed by Minnie. If there were two spammers, things could of got hectic.

VMKUMagic is on a "break" probably to cleanse their forums. They'll probably return a week later with a certain few threads missing.. I'm sure there's some internal conflict going on between the staff and I wouldn't be surprised if a staff went missing after this "break".

July is rapidly approaching. I wonder what's going to happen, especially with VMKRelived since they're set for mid-July.
    VMKUMagic opened back up and did nothing.

as for VMKr, they're either just going to copy VMK completely and open it up or make up a story with some reason on why they are delayed.

After what has happened over the pass few days things have decreased. Production on the game shall continue, and thoughts have been vented out. Those who don't support this game can be here and we would love them as members for our Off-Topic sections, and still may voice their opinions in appropriate ways.If you don't believe the game is being developed, just wait. If you don't want the game to be developed, It would be the most respectful thing you could do to allow the 250+ members who want the game to enjoy it.

When I spoke about VMK Relived in my last post I was not intending to bash them. I am a happy supporter, and member of vmkrelived. I wish both of our games, great success.

Now after all this, we have many fun ideas brain stormed up for you, so lets continue being the great community we used to be.
    What has decreased Wings? How did outside thoughts interfere with the game development? I really wonder what they mean by "development".

I am very angry he used the word development.

They aren't developing anything. All they are doing is taking pictures of VMK and photoshopping it. That isn't developing a game.

They don't know how to program or code this game. All they know how to do is install features on a forum and edit pictures, which are really terrible, BTW.

They haven't shown good edits at all, except SkyRockets which they aren't using.

It's really sad this is being called a game, when it is nothing but a small forum.

• Who are you again?

note to self:
    never post a thred that includes a remake of VMK unless i want to start a crazy war
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Nah, we are just commenting on the endless buffoonery that goes on at these clone sites.

Well, VMKUM said they are making a GPVMK sorta thing now... I guess they realized they can't make an online game.

As for VMKR, their alpha test came out today, and Adam_rocks leaked the pictures. I laughed when I saw them because these edits are poorly done... I wonder how Disney will think of this?

(Thanks to Adam_rocks for leaking out the pictures)

Wow, good editing. /sarcasm

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

I should ask my sister about the legality of these images. She is a lawyer, and even won an award from ASCAP on the fair use portion of copyright law.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast