Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: VMK unleashed?

• Who are you again?

VMK unleashed?

5/21/08-vmk closed for good?

5/21/09-vmk coming back?

ive recently been on the forums of vmk unleased, and ive found out that they are going to re-release vmk as vmk unleased.
    does anyone else think this is a great idea?
    do you think the disney company will get mad that someone else is runing one of thier best games?
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• Just this guy......

Re: VMK unleashed?

From the information it looks to be a group of people who do not belong to Disney trying to put the VMK back online. I think that the Disney lawyers might have something to say about this.

• Banned User

I really want this to get killed before it opens.

VMK is dead. Yes, we all miss it; but it's not coming back. Some shoddy wannabe VMK is no replacement for the real one.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Hah. VMK Unleashed is what one teenager in Pennsylvania is attempting to call a "game". His name is Jared Jones, and he mainly has developed pirate servers for World of Warcraft. He and his online friends have said that they can create "something that is 99.99999% the same as VMK". They have been saying this since, what, last November, and nothing whatsoever has come to fruition, other than their webpage and the forums (which run on a pirated Vbulletin license BTW). If you read the forums over there, it's just a bunch of random insanity most of the time. They have announced all sorts of grand schemes and plans, and yet a few weeks ago they declared that Disney had denied them permission to use anything from VMK in their "unleashed" project. And despite all their claims and promises, not a single image of their "project" has been released. Jared (or Oatman as he calls himself) claims to have a robust server to host the game, but the truth is it's just his home pc in his bedroom. Nothing more than that. There is no game, there never was. You might say, "hey, they said that the pre-alpha release of the game is next week, so that proves the game is real!". Think again. Jared is just stringing you along. He will release some kind of download, which will be nothing more than a Flash file, composed of several crude and poorly made images looped together with some sort of avatar than can move back and forth between the various screens. There will be no gameplay whatsoever, and since he has all the kids believing the lie, he will call it "the future of VMK Unleashed", and everyone will eat it up. All the kids on the forums are expecting to be able to play the Disney VMK as they knew it when it closed. But with VMK Unleashed, they are in for quite a shocking dissapointment.

And on another cloud, have you noticed that all of Jared's most loyal forum admins, aka Drayton, AdventureGho, SkyRocket, JastroK, and others, have been fired and dumped from the project for one reason or another? How can they be expected to run a "game" when they can't even run their forums in a civilized manner?

And when you get down to the real truth, the only reason that their websites and forums even exist, is to capitalize on the group of kids that played VMK, and would jump at the chance to play it again. So Jared and his cronies throw together their webpages, claim to be remaking VMK, sign up for the Google Adsense program to cash in on all the page views that such a site would generate, and laugh all the way to the bank. So at the very center, it's one 16-year-old kid and his girlfriend, foisting a fraud on the world to make a few ill-gotten dollars.

So there you have it.

Hah. Seems like the people over at the VMK U forums have discovered this post. I take my hat off to you, MoomaladeMuffin, for setting the facts straight. And thank you for telling me the final details I needed, now I know exactly which judicial district you are in, when the need to file paperwork arises. You should know I read the U forums every day, and I enjoy what I read there. But yet, the vast majority of the members you have accululated are just innocent kids, who have no idea the reality of what VMK U actually is. So until this "alpha" client is released, and the world sees what VMK U actually is (an unauthorized reproduction of a beloved game, or in other words a cheap imitation, a knock-off, a fake), have fun with what you have left.

• Purple Crates ♥

Sosai X you're my new favorite person.

Quote Originally Posted by Sosai X View Post
    Hah. VMK Unleashed is what one teenager in Pennsylvania is attempting to call a "game". His name is Jared Jones, and he mainly has developed pirate servers for World of Warcraft. He and his online friends have said that they can create "something that is 99.99999% the same as VMK". They have been saying this since, what, last November, and nothing whatsoever has come to fruition, other than their webpage and the forums (which run on a pirated Vbulletin license BTW). If you read the forums over there, it's just a bunch of random insanity most of the time. They have announced all sorts of grand schemes and plans, and yet a few weeks ago they declared that Disney had denied them permission to use anything from VMK in their "unleashed" project. And despite all their claims and promises, not a single image of their "project" has been released. Jared (or Oatman as he calls himself) claims to have a robust server to host the game, but the truth is it's just his home pc in his bedroom. Nothing more than that. There is no game, there never was. You might say, "hey, they said that the pre-alpha release of the game is next week, so that proves the game is real!". Think again. Jared is just stringing you along. He will release some kind of download, which will be nothing more than a Flash file, composed of several crude and poorly made images looped together with some sort of avatar than can move back and forth between the various screens. There will be no gameplay whatsoever, and since he has all the kids believing the lie, he will call it "the future of VMK Unleashed", and everyone will eat it up. All the kids on the forums are expecting to be able to play the Disney VMK as they knew it when it closed. But with VMK Unleashed, they are in for quite a shocking dissapointment.

And on another cloud, have you noticed that all of Jared's most loyal forum admins, aka Drayton, AdventureGho, SkyRocket, JastroK, and others, have been fired and dumped from the project for one reason or another? How can they be expected to run a "game" when they can't even run their forums in a civilized manner?

And when you get down to the real truth, the only reason that their websites and forums even exist, is to capitalize on the group of kids that played VMK, and would jump at the chance to play it again. So Jared and his cronies throw together their webpages, claim to be remaking VMK, sign up for the Google Adsense program to cash in on all the page views that such a site would generate, and laugh all the way to the bank. So at the very center, it's one 16-year-old kid and his girlfriend, foisting a fraud on the world to make a few ill-gotten dollars.

So there you have it.

Aww.... aren't you so sweet. They ARE making the game. Alpha is coming out this weekend or next, so before you bash someone get the facts right.

• TDR and Japan fan

hmm i tried signing in its REALLY confusing but i KNOW there will be no other vmk
    Trips:
    DLR: 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009 may
    WDW: 1993,1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2011
    DLP: 1996, 2002, June 2009
    TDL: July 2008, July 2010
    HKDL: wishing it will be soon

Just a few corrections.

VMK Unleashed is what one teenager in Pennsylvania is attempting to call a "game". His name is Jared Jones, and he mainly has developed pirate servers for World of Warcraft.
    Jared does not live in Pennsylvania. He actually lives in Missouri, and the staff member who lives in that state is one whom is called Mark. (or MoomaladeMuffin) The server is located in PA.

I'm not a staff of the forums, I never was. I just host their podcast, so I have nothing to do with the actual "game."

Still, more proof of this would be nice. I've known Jared for a few years and it seems that he is hiding this thing a little too much. He hasn't done stuff like this before. My mind has led me to believe that this game isn't real many times. I just don't know. I would personally like more proof. We'll see how this turns out and if "pre-alpha" is really what the site is hyping it to be. I wouldn't be surprised at a major disappointment, either. We'll see though.

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Quote Originally Posted by SkyRocket View Post
    Aww.... aren't you so sweet. They ARE making the game. Alpha is coming out this weekend or next, so before you bash someone get the facts right.
    Heh. Can you provide us with absolute proof that the game is real? Has Jared shown you any images from what he says he has been working on? Any actual screenshots, or gameplay videos, or anything? No, he hasn't, because there is nothing to show. It's pie in the sky.

And anthother thing, you can't run a MMORPG with one server. Disney had hundreds of servers to host VMK. Remember when Jared tried to host the podcast (if you can call it a podcast, it really is quite poorly done) from the game server? Server crashed with only 5 people listening. How do you expect to host thousands of players, from one computer? You can't do it

And why is it when you ask for a direct answer from Jared, he ignores it? You can't even ask for an honest reply in the forums there, you get issued with a warning about "first degree site bashing" or "bashing the staff" or "flamming". Problem is, the VMK Unleashed community is just a bunch of kids who have no clue about the real logistics of making a game, nor about the responsibility of actually delivering said game. But then again, the VMK U forums are nothing but the silly user page design contests and the ideas that SkyRocket (used) to create, like the design-a-ride contest and their "idol" competition. You know, I really love having fun with you guys. Most fun I ever had was posting that fake copyright letter back in January. Laugh a minute!

here's an afterthought... want a real-life example of this whole situation? Let's say the original VMK is Disneyland. Want to know what VMK Unleashed will be? The park in Japan called Nara Dreamland. Google "Nara Dreamland" and you'll see what it is: a cheap knock off of the original, with none of the magic that made the origininal so great.

And anthother thing, you can't run a MMORPG with one server. Disney had hundreds of servers to host VMK. Remember when Jared tried to host the podcast (if you can call it a podcast, it really is quite poorly done) from the game server? Server crashed with only 5 people listening.
    You're speaking of the VMKUCentral Podcast, correct? I host that, actually. Jared was in the first episode, and that's it. It actually isn't very well done considering I'm only 14. I've had my attempts at podcasting over the years and I can honestly say it's really easy to somewhat trick the members of this forum into thinking something is good. Just like the podcast episodes, which some members say is amazing. I'm not precocious with podcasting talent. So, I can't help that. I do try my best though.

Well, you really don't know what your talking about. He's going to release alpha in a couple weeks or so, so you can see pics if you want to, but it turns out you were banned from the forums, which means, you wont be allowed to take the test.

And anthother thing, you can't run a MMORPG with one server. Disney had hundreds of servers to host VMK. Remember when Jared tried to host the podcast (if you can call it a podcast, it really is quite poorly done) from the game server?
    Are you talking about this or WUIVMK? That's the only one i recall him hosting..
    on topic; i dont have the highest belief in this, fyi

•   
    • Dept. 41 and Club 55

Any one else notice the VMK U site is down? Has been since yesterday...heh

Any one else notice the VMK U site is down? Has been since yesterday...heh
    Yeah, there have been a few server errors for the past couple of days. It should be fixed soon from what I hear.

• myleadguitargirl from VMK

So there you have it.
    Finally someone with some sense of mind! I've known all along that the so called "game" wouldn't work and that it would all fall through, heh. Nicely put, Sosai X.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast