• Im the fun mommy :)

Wii questions answered from you Wii players

I just purchased a Wii for my kids for christmas,here are the parts I have gotten so far......

3 wii nunchucks
    3 controllers
    3 steering wheels ( and a cool one that suctions to the table
    a a remote control charger
    a zapper gun

games so far

wii mario cart
    wii family game night
    wii carnival
    looking to get mario party 8 soon

Now my questions
    what else do I need as far as parts ?

I plan to get the internet hooked to this so we can down load games , my question is... does the wii need a huge memory card to be able to store these down loads? If so what memory card do you recommend?

what other games are fun for ages thru 15 that you would recommend?
    -------------------------------------------
    I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

• or CBF

Re: Wii questions answered from you Wii players

Not too sure about downloading games, but if your family likes adventure games I'd recommend The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
    MHTSEIAHTECTESVEIBIECSETR

Find me on:Facebook / Twitter
    (Send me a message saying you are from MC)

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

to get the high capacity sd cards to work, you're going to have to hook up to the Internet so you can upgrade to the latest firmware. This enables anything above a I think a 2gb. Buy a big sd card online. You can look
    at meritline.com as they always have 4 & 8 gb cards on sale. I bought an 8 for $15 shipped last month. This will hold you for quite a while.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

If you want more plastic, Samba de Amigo and the maraca add ons are a ton of fun. It's DDR but for your upper body.

• Circle of Ancients

When you say controller, do you mean the classic controller, or the remote? I think your okay with 3 nunchucks.

If you only have 3 remotes, I'd get a 4th. Buy Wii Play, it comes with one. If you have 3 classic controllers, honestly, you probably only need 2 as most games that use the classic controller are only 2 players.

And depending on the ages of your kids, Rock Band is a hit in our house.

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    to get the high capacity sd cards to work, you're going to have to hook up to the Internet so you can upgrade to the latest firmware. This enables anything above a I think a 2gb. Buy a big sd card online. You can look
    at meritline.com as they always have 4 & 8 gb cards on sale. I bought an 8 for $15 shipped last month. This will hold you for quite a while.
    wonderful!! I will go look now for a big card, and we do plan to hook to the internet ( will do that the night before christmas so its ready on christmas day then we will up grade the firmware ( does it tell you to as soon as its internet capable ? )thank you so much.

If you want more plastic, Samba de Amigo and the maraca add ons are a ton of fun. It's DDR but for your upper body.
    More plastic? I will go look at these now thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    When you say controller, do you mean the classic controller, or the remote? I think your okay with 3 nunchucks.

If you only have 3 remotes, I'd get a 4th. Buy Wii Play, it comes with one. If you have 3 classic controllers, honestly, you probably only need 2 as most games that use the classic controller are only 2 players.

And depending on the ages of your kids, Rock Band is a hit in our house.
    there the wii remotes, wii play came with it so we already have a controller that came with the wii. I will difinatly get a fourth , I forgot we needed 4 LOL thanks

so do these take regular SD cards like I have in my camera? I do have an extra 8 GB if this will work
    Last edited by Mommyto4; 06-28-2009 at 11:57 AM.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

That's the same one. No buying another for you!

When you first hook up to the Internet, it shouldn't let you do anything until you update the console.

• Pilot EdForceOne

It's normal SD cards - it's just a matter of size. You normally don't need a SD card anyways unless you plan on buying lots of stuff online. Most of the stuff online these days are 'classic games'.

Firmware upgrades will be required periodically anyways (for instance, your Mario Kart game does an upgrade when you first play it). Just set it up on the wireless in your house, its pretty simple if you've ever setup a computer on wireless.

Game recommendations are a bit tough without knowing the audience.. but Mario Party 8 is a good game for all ages to play together. Super Smash Bros is a good game if you have young boys that like fight/smash games. Zelda is a great adventure game.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• hunter of Hidden Mickeys

as far as games go, I highly recommend Boom Blox - me and a couple friends were playing this for hours and it never got boring. DDR: Hottest Dance Party is fun, and the Super Smash Bros. franchise is pretty good too. If any of your kids like adventure games, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy are good titles as well.

That's the same one. No buying another for you!

When you first hook up to the Internet, it shouldn't let you do anything until you update the console.
    Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    It's normal SD cards - it's just a matter of size. You normally don't need a SD card anyways unless you plan on buying lots of stuff online. Most of the stuff online these days are 'classic games'.

Firmware upgrades will be required periodically anyways (for instance, your Mario Kart game does an upgrade when you first play it). Just set it up on the wireless in your house, its pretty simple if you've ever setup a computer on wireless.

Game recommendations are a bit tough without knowing the audience.. but Mario Party 8 is a good game for all ages to play together. Super Smash Bros is a good game if you have young boys that like fight/smash games. Zelda is a great adventure game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oathkeeper View Post
    as far as games go, I highly recommend Boom Blox - me and a couple friends were playing this for hours and it never got boring. DDR: Hottest Dance Party is fun, and the Super Smash Bros. franchise is pretty good too. If any of your kids like adventure games, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess and Super Mario Galaxy are good titles as well.
    Wonderful info !! Thank you all so much, I was thrilled to be able to buy 99% of this for close to nothing on ebay, games for lss money then I could down load them ( amazon.com) family games, sponge bob, mario cart etc. Im off to look at the legend of zelda now. Also going to get them the smash brothers, and mario galaxy.
    is there a real good shooting game for a 15 year old girl? nothing gory or r rated, ( in case the younger set gets hold of it) she is such a tom boy, loves off road games and shooting. what do you sugest? Im hoping to get toy story mania as I think the zapper can be used ?? not sure though .
    The kids are going to flip over all this, we have been wanting one for a year, but round here there hard to come by believe it or not .
    Thank you all so much for your help

• Haunted Mansion Fan

Stockton, CA; AKA too far from Disneyland (5 hrs, 48 mins/375.1 mi)

You should definitely get a Wii Balance Board. It comes with WiiFit. WiiMusic is fun, too.

• far, far away from DL

We have Wii fit. Our kids like to play. It's fun for me because I hate to exercise. But this doesn't really feel like exercising. It makes it fun. Boom Blox is great fun.

• Rides against injustice

If you can find it (I've heard its hard to find a copy,but who knows) "Wario Ware:Smooth Moves". Just quirky fun and great to play with a group.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------