Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Epic Mickey Looking More Real, More Amazing

I just got a PS3 and so far I'm impressed. I'm VERY glad I waited though.

As for this game, looks interesting. I'm wondering about the Wii only status and wondering if they can pull off the graphics in the art with the Wii.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

In hindsight, the PS3 wasn't the system for me. Aside from KZ2 and GT5 (which still isn't out), there haven't been any exclusives I couldn't live without.

Add in the exclusive DLC that MS secures and the better graphics on the majority of multi-plats and I could have gotten away with a $170 BR player.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

I don't play the Wii much anymore. I wish Epic Mickey was coming for one of the other two consoles.

I don't play my PS3 as much as the 360 but I'm still very happy to have one.
    Ratchet and Clank, Uncharted, Little Big Planet, Killzone 2, Flower and Wipeout HD have all been great. I'm definitely looking forward to Uncharted 2 and the new Ratchet and Clank.

• !!!!!

When I first saw some of the character concept art a while back ago I thought they were just fan made drawings or something. I didn't know it was an actual game in production

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    console fanboyism
    I paid $400 for a Wii off of eBay on launch week while they were at hilariously marked up prices. I did very little with it and eventually sold it while there was still a shortage. I'm not saying it has a deficit of games, but they aren't really for me.

I'm not buying another one just for this game, sorry. At this point the only games I'd own are Epic Mickey and a WiiWare title, simply not worth it.

• Berm Buster

I'm digging the Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor hybrid design. I liked how they used the top of the Phantom Manor onto the base of the New Orleans Haunted Mansion. It gives it almost a new look to it.

And from what I've heard, the storyline is something just along rebelling against Mickey or something absurd like that.

A dark version of "It's a Small World", can they make the ride any scarier?

I can't wait for this!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Can't wait for this game, I'm sure it will be one of the best Mickey games ever.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    In hindsight, the PS3 wasn't the system for me. Aside from KZ2 and GT5 (which still isn't out), there haven't been any exclusives I couldn't live without.

Add in the exclusive DLC that MS secures and the better graphics on the majority of multi-plats and I could have gotten away with a $170 BR player.
    I only paid $189 for my PS3, 2 games, extra controller, remote and 1 year warranty (between trading in the PS2 and $200 in gift cards I had). So I think I got a pretty good deal.

Plus, I don't have a 360 so the exclusive games don't mean much to me. There are plenty of multi-platform games that I can play. We'll be using it more for Blu-Ray than anything though.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Blu-Ray is what we use ours for almost exclusively as well.

I never mentioned exclusives for the 360. It's multi-plats that really affect me.

The multi-plats almost always look better on the 360 than the PS3. It's pretty common for the game to launch then get patched when people start complaining. Ghostbusters was the latest and the devs for Bayonetta have already said the PS3 version is going to look weak compared to the 360. This has been going on since the launch of the console.

The DLC for the multi-plats is another place where Sony shortchanges their customers. MS goes out and secures exclusive or timed exclusive DLC for the 360. Look at GTAIV, there are two episodes that never hit the PS3. Fallout 3 had a ton of DLC that took months to hit the PS3. RB2 has the new RB Network that is going to be 360 exclusive. This is going to give any copyright holder the ability to sell their music on the RB music store. This is going to be thousands of songs the PS3 won't have access to.

Sony needs to sack up and start getting some exclusive DLC to draw people to their version of a game. Arkham Asylum was the first I had heard got something the 360 didn't and they barely played it up.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Vehicle rotating backward

That's only because of bad developers. Infinity Ward (Call of Duty), Harmonix (Rock Band), whoever is working on Guitar Hero at any particular moment, the Bioshock games (though it took some time), etc all look fine on multi-platforms. Really, the problem is EA, they simply don't want to do much more than the bare minimum for PS3. Their port of The Orange Box, for example, performed really badly, and they didn't care.

Mirror's Edge also had some exclusive DLC, but keep in mind something about the GTA example: Microsoft paid millions of dollars for that DLC. If they had not had paid it, there would simply have been no DLC. MS did not just pay for exclusivity, they paid to have the game made.

Usually MS and Sony throw a little money here or there when a developer tells them of some DLC to get to get them on their side. In the case of GTA, Microsoft actually paid them to basically make entire games they weren't originally planning on making at all.

My point is that it wasn't really like paying for bonus content so much as it was like subsidizing the development of an entire game.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

you call it bad developers, others call it an extremely difficult programming language. Everybody wants to demonize EA, but they aren't the only developer having problems programming for the PS3. In any case, PS3 owners are getting the short end of the stick.

Sony could have just as easily thrown the money at Rockstar to have episodes developed for the PS3. Did they find their user base worth the investment of money? Nope.

Frankly, I'm waiting for a multi-plat to come along that makes sense to buy on the PS3 cuz right now, I have a $500 paperweight.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• The Darkness to Light

That game looks so awesome... could this be the tangental project to those that haven't jumped on the Kingdom Hearts train? God, I hope so, because the more I find out about Kingdom Hearts, the more complicated it sounds to me...
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

This looks interesting and epic, I might get it so I can increase my wii game collection.

• The Darkness to Light

First Epic Mickey details spilled News | Wii | Eurogamer

Well, color me pink and call me Fruity! Oswald is in the game!! And the plot of the game actually makes sense now for the Wii-Exclusive format.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast