Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: Epic Mickey Looking More Real, More Amazing

Huh. Oswald is a villain. Who'da thought?

CONSOLE WAR STUFF BELOW YOU CAN SKIP THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    you call it bad developers, others call it an extremely difficult programming language. Everybody wants to demonize EA, but they aren't the only developer having problems programming for the PS3.
    If you listened to interviews with the Infinity Ward guys, they basically just say "we put our best people for each system on each version." They seem to just have a lot of developers who code for either platform and aren't trying to learn more than one.

There's also the thing that MS is actually paying to essentially embed representatives in the development companies. Developers basically get a helpline and can often have face to face meetings with Xbox reps to discuss technical hurdles. For whatever reason, perhaps the language barrier or something else, Sony basically made a light manual and told people to figure it out for themselves.

Sony could have just as easily thrown the money at Rockstar to have episodes developed for the PS3. Did they find their user base worth the investment of money? Nope.
    This is a really dumb argument. They're losing money selling hardware, MS isn't (a deliberate attempt to not recreate the first Xbox.) Heck, the entire Sony corporation seems to teeter on the verge of collapse, and was was busy shoveling money into a movie disc war that MS was pretty disinterested in, to the point that when the HD add-on became useless they kind of just shrugged their shoulders and faked an "oh well."

At the end of the day, platform exclusive stuff doesn't matter because people will buy the game for whatever system they own. I doubt the Lost & D____ed (don't know what the language filter in here is like anymore) moved a lot of 360s on it's own, and I can guarantee you that the Joker DLC for Arkham or the Mirrors Edge DLC didn't do much for the PS3.

This kind of stuff is only of interest to people who already have both systems.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania View Post
    They seem to just have a lot of developers who code for either platform and aren't trying to learn more than one.
    I can't believe how often people blame developers for the PS3's shortcomings. Let's see what some of the brightest minds in the industry have to say on the matter.

Tim Sweeney: it "takes about twice the effort and development cost to develop for a multi-threaded CPU," compared to a single-core CPU.. fully exploiting the PS3 Cell chip "required about 5 times as much cost and development time than single-core."

Gabe Newell: "I think [PS3 is] a waste of everybody’s time. Investing in the Cell, investing in the SPE gives you no long-term benefits. There’s nothing there that you’re going to apply to anything else. You’re not going to gain anything except a hatred of the architecture they’ve created."

John Carmack: “The PS3 does lag a little bit behind in terms of getting the performance out of it,” Carmack acknowledges. “The rasteriser is just a little bit slower – no two ways about that. The RSX is slower than what we have in the 360. Processing wise, the main CPU is about the same, but the 360 makes it easier to split things off, and that’s where a lot of the work has been, splitting it all into jobs on the PS3.”

According to three industry leaders:
    - developing for PS3 takes longer and costs more
    - the specialized knowledge required doesn't transfer to any other platform
    - even if you invest the time and money to acquire the knowledge, the PS3 is still slightly slower to render the image than the 360 so you'll need to compensate in other ways to get that speed back.

PS3 exclusives have struggled to sell 1 million copies. Big exclusives on Wii and 360 sell 1 million on the first day of release. Titles that are released for multiple platforms have consistently sold fewer copies on PS3 than on 360, which means the developers have to spend more to earn less on PS3 titles. I'm surprised third party developers release anything for the PS3 at all.

Wow this game looks nice. The fact that they are combining attractions with each other as well as characters too is making this a nice looking game. Hope the concept of it works though.
    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...

• Future Animator

I'm really excited about this. I can just see this being really awesome. I mean really - Awesome steampunk visuals? Forgotten and obscure Disney characters getting a chance to shine? Animation-art-tool-based gameplay? I think I can be sure that I won't be the only one in my class to be buying this.

And guess what? The Wii just happens to be the only current-gen system I own, so I'm in luck!

• The Darkness to Light

I guess I need to rent Okami, because everyone is already comparing this game to it in the gaming community.... and nobody has played it yet!
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Depending on what the reviews are when this game comes out, this might be the Game that finally spurs us into getting a Wii.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

Quote Originally Posted by Karalora View Post
    I don't know that I'd jump to that conclusion. I can see this being an Earn Your Happy Ending plot, where the protagonist gets put through the wringer in order to achieve a victory that is truly sweet. What could be worse than the icons of the Disney parks twisted and broken like this? For that very reason, what could be better than getting to see them fixed?

I want this game, and I want it to be pretty much what the concept art promises--dark and creepy and disturbing and cathartic in a way that something as sanitized and harmless as VMK never stood a chance of being. I want to step into the shoes of a hero who ventures into a nightmare ("the best nightmares ever" was my sister's impression of the imagery) and restores the Disney magic.

And let's not forget, this is the studio that gave us Chernabog and Maleficent and The Black Cauldron...uh...and Davy Jones. It's not like they've never tried their hand at the horrific before, and it's not like we don't love them for it already.
    After reading this post and learning more about the game, my opinion of it has completely turned around. I now cannot wait for this game to come out!

Epic Mickey

No that's not a joke title, it's the title of a new game coming out!

It's definatly not the happiest place on earth anymore.

Epic Mickey Info on Joysiq.com

Epic Mickey is a game in which Oswald the Rabbit has gotten fed up with being stuck in the dark for far too long. Alongside an army of old, forgotten, Disney characters he plans to cover the world in inky blackness. I've gone through some links on the page and pulled up the link for the Concept art. Beware though, it's not for the faint hearted.

Concept Art
    (Nightmare Fuel warning)

From the CA's though it seems like Country Bears is put into the mix alongside some VERY lethal robots wearing mickey ears. (But that's oddly funny to me.) But also a Monstero look-a-like with EPCOT of all things on its back and Little Dwarves carrier boats, and a very tattered looking Goofy. (Gotta wonder if that's THE actuall Goofy modified or just a random enemy sent to trick Mickey.)

Either way this game is going to be released on the WII due to the needage of drawing Mickey's path for him, or erasing blockades. Just WHAT is Disney trying to pull with this game!? The first HORROR Disney game that induces Nightmare Fule if you know what the world looked like before!?

Other info:
    Wiki: Epic Mickey

Also sorry if this has been posted before, I don't exactly look past the second page when checking to see if a topic is already done.

-Edit: This came from a previous thread post. That's the only reason it looks big and like I haven't been following the thread. ^^;
    Last edited by 413x; 10-14-2009 at 09:26 AM.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Re: Epic Mickey

Let's just say there's been some serious discussion in this house about buying a Wii, specifically for this game.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

It's a very intresting game concept wise. There is a huge discussion about this game in the digital gaming section forum of MiceChat.
    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit View Post
    It's a very intresting game concept wise. There is a huge discussion about this game in the digital gaming section forum of MiceChat.

O_O;
    Augh! Dangit! I knew there was another forum that had this already! DX
    (This place is like the GCD on Gaia. If something has happened in the gaia world, there'll be a thread on it lickity split.)
    Where is this discussion so I can post there and let this thread die?

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

I haven't used my wii for a while but that will change once that game comes out..so soaked about it..just the concept art made me convince not to give away the wii console.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Sounds like post apocalypse "9" meets kingdom of Hearts. If the game stays true to the concept art and does not get a washing of goodness to appease some mommy group or go after a rating to capture the masses, it will be good.
    I'm all in!

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

As I mention in the other post regarding this..the concept are really caught my attention thus..I will definetly wait for this game to come out. As a long time Disney fan, I think seeing something different like this really got my attention.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

• Minion

Wow, so unique, I like it.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast