Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

• Who are you again?

Re: Epic Mickey Looking More Real, More Amazing

I'm excited for this game, it has this Nightmare before Christmas like feel to it that I just love,
    I wouldnt be surprise if I would be camping out side a store all night for this game
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

I hate that this game is only on Wii, if your going to put money into a game (and its not made by Nintendo) then put it on all 3 systems (and PC and Mac)

• The Darkness to Light

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    I hate that this game is only on Wii, if your going to put money into a game (and its not made by Nintendo) then put it on all 3 systems (and PC and Mac)
    You did read their justification for putting on the Wii, right?

You have to paint and erase areas of the screen as part of the gameplay, which is very similar to Okambi. Last I heard, that game has yet to be ported to PS3 and Xbox because of the gameplay translation. On a PC/Mac, I can see it porting just fine.

But, seriously, how do you expect to play a game like this or Drawn to Life without the use of the gimmicks of the Wii or DS?
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Mouseketeer

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    You did read their justification for putting on the Wii, right?

You have to paint and erase areas of the screen as part of the gameplay, which is very similar to Okambi. Last I heard, that game has yet to be ported to PS3 and Xbox because of the gameplay translation. On a PC/Mac, I can see it porting just fine.

But, seriously, how do you expect to play a game like this or Drawn to Life without the use of the gimmicks of the Wii or DS?
    Let's look into the history of Okami a bit. Here's part of a review from IGN:

Okami's design is based around its Celestial Brush, a godly mechanism that literally lets you paint things into the world or directly affect its state, like changing night to day or causing the winds to rush. Nearly every element of the game is tied into this brush in one way or another, and as such, much of its success is based on how well it works and was implemented.
    Lovely isn't it? Gives a great idea of how well the paint brush idea works. Let's keep reading:

Using the brush becomes second-hand almost instantly. Holding down the R1 button, you use the left analog stick to paint while the right analog stick will pan the camera, even in the brush's paused state of time. The Square button will paint a standard line while the Triangle button is pressure-sensitive, allowing you to paint thin or thick lines at will. You don't really need to use this very often other then when you need to cover a fair bit of the screen, but it's nice that you have this play with the pressure.

Your ability to paint detailed or even perfect shapes with the brush will depend upon your mastery of your analog sticks, but luckily the game gives you plenty of leeway with your shapes. If you need to draw a circle, a fairly long oval will usually suffice as long as you connect the ends. There are occasions where you'll miss this by a smidge and will need to retry, but there are hardly any cases where you'll get penalized for it.
    Circles? Squares? Using analog sticks to paint? If you can't tell, we aren't on the Wii here.

Okami was first released on the PS2. It was ported to the Wii almost a year and a half later. The experience each version gives is very similar. Sometimes the PS2 version ranks higher than the Wii version and vice versa. Numerically, the difference in ratings is a mere tenth or two. There is no reason to have it as a Wii exclusive.
    Last edited by Semiquaver; 03-08-2010 at 12:20 PM.
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" -Walt Disney

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678