Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Wii Sports Resort

Anybody pick this up yet? We picked it up today and so far it's really fun.

My one MAJOR complaint though is that you can't play it without the "Wii Motion Plus" accessory. The game does come with one, but if you want to play with more than 1 person, you have to spend $20 to get another one.

I thought it was just a "nice to have" not something that was "required" to play. Boo on Nintendo for clutting up our living room with yet another accessory.

•   
    • Seasick

Re: Wii Sports Resort

It got mixed reviews, so I hesitated, but still picked it up.

First off, let me say that the mandatory instructional video for attaching the Motion Plus is ridiculous. Can't that be optional for people who can't figure out the 2-second task of plugging it into the bottom of the Wii-mote?

Just had to vent about that, lol.

I haven't played much, but am impressed so far.

I disagree with your complaint. This game is all about showing off the Wii Motion Plus accessory. This will take Wii games to the next level. I wouldn't want to play a sequal to Wii Sports without it.

I believe you can play turn based games like golf or bowling as multiplayer using only the one Wii-mote as well.

I'm really impressed with the sword fighting. Finally, the Wii-Mote actually matches your movements. This is great. Will we now get the ultimate Star Wars lightsaber game?

Oddly, I don't see a way to replay the skydiving intro. Odd, as it's a fun little demo of the accessory, and I like seeing all my Mii's skydive together.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

• DCA FTW!

Quick response to above, sky diving can found in the dog fight/flight section on the lower right hand corner of main menu of games. I believe you have to unlock it by playing the flight game.

As for the game and accessory. It's great! It's been a while since I've wanted to play my Wii over my 360. The wii motion plus accessory is very accurate and does everything the original Wii remote should have done. Sword fighting is a blast especially when the game starts throwing in random Mii's from the Check Mii Out channel. I had a match against Jesus the other day, LOL...( I let him win for karma points, XD) I highly recommend anyone with a Wii to pick it up and to pick up a couple more Wii Motion Plus attachments. The attachment comes with a remote cover so you pretty much never have a need to remove the device since it has a port for the nun chuck on the bottom and locks into the wii remote.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Except if you have a charging station. You have to remove the wii-mote from the sleeve to charge it.

I do think the game is great, and we are going to get another Motion Plus today. However I don't know if we'll be getting 4 ... for now. Unless they start really utilizing the motion plus in new games.

I also found the Golf to be very fun and like that there are like 6 full courses to play.

Does it make any difference on previous games?

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

The WiiMotion Plus sounds like it should be pretty awesome, and some games will require it for gameplay (such as Red Steel 2). I find it a bit silly that nintendo is requiring you to fork over extra money to buy a feature that should have come with the Wiimote.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Does it make any difference on previous games?
    nope, it uses an entirely new set of sensors and the games have to be tailor made to register the input.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDucky View Post
    The WiiMotion Plus sounds like it should be pretty awesome, and some games will require it for gameplay (such as Red Steel 2). I find it a bit silly that nintendo is requiring you to fork over extra money to buy a feature that should have come with the Wiimote.
    that's been a debate for quite some time. Nintendo argues it wasn't managable to mass produce the parts at the size that they are when they launched the Wii. How true that is is left to debate, but it's hard to argue with since non of us do mass manufacturing of technology.

• Wait, what?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    that's been a debate for quite some time. Nintendo argues it wasn't managable to mass produce the parts at the size that they are when they launched the Wii. How true that is is left to debate, but it's hard to argue with since non of us do mass manufacturing of technology.
    True, I don't know anything about mass manufacturing. At least when Nintendo realeases their paraphenelia (sp?) they make it seem like you are getting a good deal. Such as The Wii (Wii Sports), Second Controller (Wii Play) and the Wii Motion Plus (Wii Sports Resort).

• Rides against injustice

I picked it up on Saturday and I'm loving it. Sword fighting and Archery are my favorite games on it. My shoulder hurts this morning from playing the basketball game since you have to use some ridiculous overhand motion to shoot since it doesnt work if you shoot using a traditional basketball motion.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

First off, let me say that the mandatory instructional video for attaching the Motion Plus is ridiculous. Can't that be optional for people who can't figure out the 2-second task of plugging it into the bottom of the Wii-mote?
    Yeah we started cracking up the first time we saw that. Like "Really?! Insert into Wii remote..Play game" how hard is that?
    Out of the NIGHT....

• Circle of Ancients

Actually, I think the Basketball, Archery and Rowing are my favorite right now. I also like the Frisbee Golf.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthDucky View Post
    True, I don't know anything about mass manufacturing. At least when Nintendo realeases their paraphenelia (sp?) they make it seem like you are getting a good deal. Such as The Wii (Wii Sports), Second Controller (Wii Play) and the Wii Motion Plus (Wii Sports Resort).
    don't forget Link's Crossbow training for that worthless piece of plastic known as the Wii Zapper , granted I hear that game is quite fun.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Actually, I think the Basketball, Archery and Rowing are my favorite right now. I also like the Frisbee Golf.
    I wish archery had a little more variety. Granted you get 3 difficulty settings, but I wouldve liked different archery games maybe like timing how fast you can hit targets or something.

Still, i love it and I'm wondering if they're going to use this gameplay mechanic in a future Zelda game
    Out of the NIGHT....

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    don't forget Link's Crossbow training for that worthless piece of plastic known as the Wii Zapper , granted I hear that game is quite fun.
    Yeah its fun, but gets old real quick. The Wii Zapper would work better if the trigger button had more resistance. It doesnt feel right when you're shooting using that thing. Now the Nyko Perfect Shot, is great. Thats what I use when playing "Ghost Squad" or "The House of the Dead"
    Last edited by Zorro825; 08-03-2009 at 05:06 PM.
    Out of the NIGHT....

• Dreams do come true

Just got it, I really like the frisbee golf and basketball

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast