• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Bioshock 2 event 08/08 Santa Monica

it's rare that I actually hear about a marketing event before it happens and it is close enough to go to. Having to get up at 5 AM to be in Santa Monica by sunrise seems a little extreme for me, but I may just hit it up.

Anybody else going to this?

BioShock 2 Marketing Crew Wants You On A Beach Saturday - Publicity stunts we fell for - Kotaku
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Re: Bioshock 2 event 08/08 Santa Monica

Quote Originally Posted by justjohn View Post
    it's rare that I actually hear about a marketing event before it happens and it is close enough to go to. Having to get up at 5 AM to be in Santa Monica by sunrise seems a little extreme for me, but I may just hit it up.

Anybody else going to this?

BioShock 2 Marketing Crew Wants You On A Beach Saturday - Publicity stunts we fell for - Kotaku
    I wish I would have gone... the "Rapture" branded wine bottles sounded really cool.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

It was lame. They give you GPS coordinates for a spot in the courtyard of a private condominiums. Then it turns out the event is about 3/4 of a mile away on the beach by the pier. Evidently there were two reps from the developer there to make sure people only took a bottle each so they must have stared at the 200 people standing on the beach waiting for something to happen at 6:11 for at least a half an hour.

I think they handled it badly.

Evidently, a Naughty Dog rep was there handing out copies of Uncharted and demo codes for Uncharted 2. Funny to see a developer piggy back anothers event.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Lonestar Louisianian

Apparently they've held these events at select beaches all over the world. Those wine bottles are going for a pretty penny on e-Bay. ($80 - $100). I would've liked to have gotten one, but not at those prices.