Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge Reviewed...

As I predicted at E3, the Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge is another hackjob game brought to you by the folks at Buena Vista Games (aka Disney). Why Disney chooses to ONLY make crappy games is behind me. You'd think that a company that excels in every other form of entertainment would be capable of making great games, but that is hardly ever the case...

Here is the first review for the game

IGN = 6.0

Quote Originally Posted by IGN
    Unpolished gameplay and poor pacing won't ever make for an outstanding product regardless of however endearing the source material may be.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge Reviewed...

They do it because it is cheap and right now since Haunted Mansion Holiday is such a successful attraction, they see it as a good way to advertise it.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    As I predicted at E3, the Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge is another hackjob game brought to you by the folks at Buena Vista Games (aka Disney). Why Disney chooses to ONLY make crappy games is behind me. You'd think that a company that excels in every other form of entertainment would be capable of making great games, but that is hardly ever the case...

Here is the first review for the game

IGN = 6.0

Hey now!!! Don't be mess'n with the boogster. Modeling for that game is the best paying job I've gotten since the movie came out.

Oogie
    Growing older is manditory
    Growing up is however, optional

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    They do it because it is cheap and right now since Haunted Mansion Holiday is such a successful attraction, they see it as a good way to advertise it.
    They're trying to capitalize on the release of Corpse Bride....

The Nightmare Before Christmas is HUGE in Japan. It has way more of a following than the U.S. Hot Topic crowd. They have toys, models, figures, box sets, and everything else. It makes since from a Japanese perspective, but Americans not so much... I hate these crappy Disney games. Makes me feel that the only reason Kingdom Hearts was so good was because of Square...

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    Makes me feel that the only reason Kingdom Hearts was so good was because of Square...
    heh... yeah... truer words have never been spoken... lets take a look at all the good square games.... too many to mention.

Lets take a loot at all the reall good Disney games..... Kingdom hearts.

Who's in charge here?
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• MiceChat News Team

Blog Entries

The Nightmare Before Christmas is HUGE in Japan. It has way more of a following than the U.S. Hot Topic crowd. They have toys, models, figures, box sets, and everything else. It makes since from a Japanese perspective, but Americans not so much... I hate these crappy Disney games. Makes me feel that the only reason Kingdom Hearts was so good was because of Square...[/QUOTE]

Yah Square was alot more fun to work for. Even if they made me eat that box (although it did taste like chicken). Plus they even threw in a new boogie-mobile for me for appearing in the game.

Oogie

• white and nerdy

any chance you might WIN in one of these games, Oogie? No offence, but you seem to have your butt very handely handed to you almost every time I see you.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

it's no secret that movie based games are pretty much the worst kind of games to buy

there are exceptions but for the most part I avoid them and their sequals and even if they get good reviews they're often placed at the bottum of the list for games that I'm considering buying

Kingdom Hearts doesn't get lumped into that catagory mostly due to it having a few origional characters a few final fantasy characters and an overall origional plotline that combines all of the characters worlds together

of course I'd say SquareEnix has done a good job with disney's franchieses

Capcom does a good job when they try to (yeah Capcom does GREAT with some games like MMX4, RE4 and DMC3 but then they'll do a horridly lazy job like MMX6, DMC2 and some sequal that I no longer remeber) I've seen some good capcom Disney games and ones that were just increadibly bland

anywho as far as Disney's own studio goes didn't they buy the studio that made Turok? I think that not only is Disney NOT going to spend the money to make a great game but I don't neccisarily know if they've purchused the right studio to make great games plausible

either way it's only recently that Disney has given gaming recognition for being a increadibly profitable form of entertainment

• MiceChat News Team

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thejoshualee
    any chance you might WIN in one of these games, Oogie? No offence, but you seem to have your butt very handely handed to you almost every time I see you.
    Yah, that really 'bugs' me too. But I usually get paid better than the hero. For Nightmare I got a Boo-tiful Boo colored Hummer as a bonus. Jack got a action figure of himself. Plus we supervillans extrodinare are always more fun and popular than the heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by OogieBoogie
    Plus we supervillans extrodinare are always more fun and popular than the heroes.

I would agree with that sentiment.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I agree with Oogie too. Honestly, when I draw my own casts of characters, I personally have more fun creating bad guys because I can give them any personality and they are more open to have fun with.

• Ooh boy!

What makes it more sad is that this game was released a year ago in Japan and it doesn't seem that Capcom made any effort to improve the game since then.

• MiceChat News Team

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by openattheseams
    What makes it more sad is that this game was released a year ago in Japan and it doesn't seem that Capcom made any effort to improve the game since then.
    I'm afraid thats my fault. I wanted more minions in return for me doing extra footage for the game. LS&B went union on me and now I can't get them to do anything. The software company didn't go for it, so it fell through.

• Travel-Sized Guardian

Oh, pf. I love the game...Jack and Co. were rendered MUCH better than they were in KH 1, I think. And a good excuse to bring back Oogie...he's one of my fave villains, right up there with Hades. ^^;

I will complain about the controls a little though, they should've been a bit looser, as Jack kinda slowed down a few times when trying to run and evade a swinging axe, or attack from an ogre skeleton. And I would've like to had a little control over the camera. ^^; But those were my only complaints.

...I'm currently struggling with the final boss battle, though...I -always- screw up on the dance thing. Half because I get into the beat of the Oogie Boogie song too much, half because I fumble a little when the button queues come up so quick. ^^;

• All? NO, ALL!

My friend has it, and he says it's a great game, but there is only one song that is incredibly repetitive. Apparently, they didn't have Danny Elfman do the music, so there are none of the songs from the film.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast