Thread: Save VMK

Save VMK

Hello guys, I've been thinking lately. I want Virtual Magic Kingdom back. I'm not sure if any of you do or not. I think we can save VMK, I really truley do. You may be over the Kingdom by now, you may think you are too "cool" or to old. Well, if you are too "cool" to play VMK, are you too cool to go to the Disney Parks? Virtual Magic Kingdom was a wonderful thing, it doesn't matter if you disagree, it was. Without VMK, you wouldn't have met most of your online friends. VMK was a safe enviroment where you could talk to others in a safe enviroment. I've never seen a game so safe in my life. It was a place you could go to Disney for free at your home. I really want to make VMK come back, more than anything. It meant so much to me and to see everyone just give up trying to save it breaks my heart. VMK wasn't a game or a promotion in my eyes, it was a home.

Now, I think we should all come together and try to save it. We've tried making remakes of it, that doesn't work. It's proabably easier to get VMK back from Disney than try to make your own exact VMK remake. I'm sure some of you are going to say, "just get over it." No. I'm not going to get over it, why can't you just understand it meant alot to me. Why can't you just help us save it? The more people we get the better chance we have at making it return. This isn't going to work without everyones help. So please, help me save VMK.

• Banned User

Re: Save VMK

VMK meant a lot to many people... but this really is a year too late. As much as we hate to think it, VMK is gone and we can't do anything about it. Disney ignored our pleas when the game closed, and they won't listen to us over a year later. It's best that we remember VMK for what it was and not devote our time to an endevor that will likely never be noticed by Disney.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

I hate to agree, but it seems way too late. At the point it's "Resurrect VMK" because it's been dead for a long time.

It's never too late to make a difference.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by SkyRocket View Post
    It's never too late to make a difference.
    I like your attitude. I wish you luck.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

It was fun while it lasted, but it is gone, gone, gone.
    Fight On! Beat the Bulldogs!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Speaking of "drive-by" my cousin just became the new drummer for -Train-
    This device kills fascists.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • PEZZ in the Fez

I also appreciate your passion for this lost online social network but if you really want to change the world, please learn how to spell first. Or switch to Firefox instead of IE because it has an automatic spell checker. It may seem like a small thing, but people will judge you by your ability to use the English language.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by PEZZ Lightyear View Post
    I also appreciate your passion for this lost online social network but if you really want to change the world, please learn how to spell first. Or switch to Firefox instead of IE because it has an automatic spell checker. It may seem like a small thing, but people will judge you by your ability to use the English language.
    Bill Gates never finished his college ed at Harvard and he's a billionaire. Give Skyrocket a break.

• Who are you again?

poor vmk, never had a chance against the huge company gable (?) we know as the Walt Disney Company.....they had to close and the only excuse they had to give us is ' VMK was only part of the 50th celabration'..... T_T (<- 'black puffle' look) the only excuse great way to think outside the box! the entire 2 years i spent playing vmk i didnt see it as a promo for the 50th, i saw it as a way for kids ,like me who live in NY, to go to a disney park without having to pay hundreds of bucks!

*sigh* so far the only way we can get back VMK is if we hipnotise Eisner
    >=)
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jesterjack View Post
    poor vmk, never had a chance against the huge company gable (?) we know as the Walt Disney Company.....they had to close and the only excuse they had to give us is ' VMK was only part of the 50th celabration'..... T_T (<- 'black puffle' look) the only excuse great way to think outside the box! the entire 2 years i spent playing vmk i didnt see it as a promo for the 50th, i saw it as a way for kids ,like me who live in NY, to go to a disney park without having to pay hundreds of bucks!

*sigh* so far the only way we can get back VMK is if we hipnotise Eisner
    >=)
    Just FYI... Eisner no longer runs the company.

• formerly PretzelSouls!

As sad as I was to see the beloved VMK go, it's been a very long time since it's "passing" and I doubt that Disney would even think twice about reopening it - they ignored our pleas once, and I'm sure they would do it again in a heart beat. Good luck with trying to bring VMK back, all I can say is that we'll owe you thanks if you can do it.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

• Who are you again?

Quote Originally Posted by stitchon View Post
    Just FYI... Eisner no longer runs the company.

hmmmm....new plan, hipnotize the new guy
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably