Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Wii price cut coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Sales does not equal quality. One of the main problems with "casual" gamers from a business perspective is that many buy the Wii, and then buy ONE more game tops. That game tends to be either Wii Fit, Wii Play, and now sometimes Wii Sports Resort. Hardcore gamers tend to buy a numerous amount of games and peripherals based on their quality.

Even if they do sell well, it doesn't mean it's a good product... that said, Wii has some excellent games, just not enough to warrant such a high buy-in rate.
    Yeah, because Wii Fit and Mario Kart Wii haven't been in the top-selling games since April of 2008.

Once people buy the Wii, do you REALLY think Nintendo cares how much people play it??? The fact is, the "Nintendo" titles (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Wii-Fit/Play/Sports) all sell REALLY well. And then you have some 3rd party games that do really well (like Tiger Woods) and then you have some gimmicky games (that cost $20-$30) so you don't expect as much.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    The lack of Online and DLC (plus all the other hard core games) make it a less of a system.
    IT.DOESN'T.MATTER!!!!! PERIOD!!!!

Again, the audience that Nintendo is going for (for the most part) doesn't care. Yes, the lack of DLC for the first Rock-Band was dissapointing, for me. But out of the 10 other people I know who have Rock Band for the Wii ... they could care less.

You need to stop comparing the Wii to the 360 and PS3, as a hard-core gamer you don't "get it", and that's fine.

• Minion

Wow guys let's calm down just a little bit... Everyone has their voice to decide what they prefer why and why not. There is no reason to get upset. Its just a game system.....

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

And the hardcore player isn't the demographic that Nintendo is going after. Our Wii is used for game nights with friends. We've been playing the party game titles for the past two years we've had it. It serves it's purpose and serves it well. In fact our Wii gets tons more use than our PS3.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Yeah, because Wii Fit and Mario Kart Wii haven't been in the top-selling games since April of 2008.

Once people buy the Wii, do you REALLY think Nintendo cares how much people play it??? The fact is, the "Nintendo" titles (Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Wii-Fit/Play/Sports) all sell REALLY well. And then you have some 3rd party games that do really well (like Tiger Woods) and then you have some gimmicky games (that cost $20-$30) so you don't expect as much.

IT.DOESN'T.MATTER!!!!! PERIOD!!!!

Again, the audience that Nintendo is going for (for the most part) doesn't care. Yes, the lack of DLC for the first Rock-Band was dissapointing, for me. But out of the 10 other people I know who have Rock Band for the Wii ... they could care less.

You need to stop comparing the Wii to the 360 and PS3, as a hard-core gamer you don't "get it", and that's fine.
    I know the Wii is going for a different audience but why cant it do both have one great game a month for the hard core and then do Wii fit too?
    That why I believe its a less of a system because they just don't care any more about their old fans.
    Heck the 360 has many problems too (its breaks and it costs for online) but it makes up for it with all the games, arcade hits and DLC which I wish the Wii had becuase Nitendo 64 is still my favorite system ever and I dont think another system will ever even be able to touch how good that system was.

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Psst...

Nintendo Virtual Console...

Games at Nintendo :: Wii :: Virtual Console

and it will take up to 32 gb sd cards
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

• Circle of Ancients

What "Old Fans" are you talking about? The last Nintendo system that was popular with "Gamers" was probably what, the N64? Maybe even back to the SNES? Nobody cared about the GameCube (even though it was and IS a great little system that still get's use in our house). WAY more than the PS2.

• The Darkness to Light

GameStop just sent me a notice saying that Wii Fit Plus (which I have on pre-order hold) is only going to be sold for $20 by itself. I find that surprising, but maybe the price cut is going to be on game titles too.

That same e-mail pointed out that if you buy Wii Fit Plus with the Balance Board, it will set you back $99, which is $10 more than the original Wii Fit bundle. In a way, I guess that evens things out.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

• Circle of Ancients

^ Yeah, I saw that too. $20 is a very good deal.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's knittingknurse now.

Blog Entries

This caught my eye. I'm not a big video game person. I tried Guitar Hero once and failed miserably and growing up I hated playing video games (except Tetris, love that game). But I've been looking at getting the Wii and the Wii fit because I work nights, so my time to exercise is off, and I thought this would be something good that wouldn't rely on the gym or having to walk my neighborhood in the dark at like 9pm to work out. My one sore spot has been the price. I feel like the $50 discount (hopefully more before Christmas), I could get the console as a big gift to my parents to put in the t.v./family room. Not the average video game consumer, but this appeals to me which normally some big fancy scary system wouldn't. I don't need big fancy, I need fun.

• I am number 4 of 999

Wii doesn't have any "good games" because Nintendo has spent the past several years trying to keep up with the demand of people that wanted the console. It doesn't make any sense to release games for a console people don't own, now does it? The price cut could indicate that they've finally played catch up.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• no flash photography...

I may get a wii now. We have an xbox, but I neve rplay games on it. I hate the games for the xbox...well, except for guitar hero. We mostly use it for netflix. The wii games look more fun to me.

• Rides against injustice

IGN: Wii Price Cut Official

Price cut is now official!
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• !!!!!

I own a few gaming systems myself and I think the wii is a good family console. While it may not appeal to everyone, I do enjoy playing minigame stuff on the wii. I usually just get mario, zelda, party type games for the wii and my shooters and other action/adventure games for my other consoles.

However, if a game is released on all 3 consoles (wii,ps3,360) I usually don't get the wii version. Sometimes the controls can be a bit annoying for games I'd rather play without motion controls like spinning and shaking.

• 'splosions

Skip reminds me of SoulQ, anyone? anyone?

I'm as hardcore gamer as they come and I dont have an Xbox. I've opted for my Wii, PS3, PC and DSi.

out of the 4:
    DSi + PC = tied
    Wii
    PS3

that's not to say I dont love my PS3, I just love my Wii.

To say that Nintendo "doesnt care about hardcore gamers by releasing Mario/Zelda/ etc." is a moot point, they're catering to the NINTENDO HARDCORE! what do they care?

When they DO release a "hardcore" game for the Wii (Madworld, Conduit, No More Heroes, etc.), it's met with low sales and people complain graphics. They've thrown you a bone and you turned your nose up.

the Wii is not a system built to cater to your FPS-ing fantasies. Its not merely an upgraded GameCube (which was the most powerful console last-gen), it's its own device and you need to appreciate for what it is.
    PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
    Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
    3DS: 3050-7580-4526

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    I may get a wii now. We have an xbox, but I neve rplay games on it. I hate the games for the xbox...well, except for guitar hero. We mostly use it for netflix. The wii games look more fun to me.
    Have you tried some of the games from XBL Arcade? There are tons of more casual games available for the 360 as well if you check out some of the arcade titles.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast