Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Wii price cut coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Browncoat View Post
    Skip reminds me of SoulQ, anyone? anyone?

I'm as hardcore gamer as they come and I dont have an Xbox. I've opted for my Wii, PS3, PC and DSi.

out of the 4:
    DSi + PC = tied
    Wii
    PS3

that's not to say I dont love my PS3, I just love my Wii.

To say that Nintendo "doesnt care about hardcore gamers by releasing Mario/Zelda/ etc." is a moot point, they're catering to the NINTENDO HARDCORE! what do they care?

When they DO release a "hardcore" game for the Wii (Madworld, Conduit, No More Heroes, etc.), it's met with low sales and people complain graphics. They've thrown you a bone and you turned your nose up.

the Wii is not a system built to cater to your FPS-ing fantasies. Its not merely an upgraded GameCube (which was the most powerful console last-gen), it's its own device and you need to appreciate for what it is.
    Who's SoulQ?

For the record, I did support the Wii's hardcore titles - back when I had a Wii I owned MadWorld, Galaxy, Zelda, No More Heroes, Metroid, and the like... didn't complain either, enjoyed them. I just couldn't stand the lack of online capabilities with the system (though I do love the virtual console titles available).

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by ghosty4 View Post
    Wii doesn't have any "good games" because Nintendo has spent the past several years trying to keep up with the demand of people that wanted the console. It doesn't make any sense to release games for a console people don't own, now does it? The price cut could indicate that they've finally played catch up.
    Considering the Wii has been outselling the PS3 and 360 since it came out, I don't think "nobody" owns the Wii.

In other news, the PS3 Slim has started outselling both the 360 and Wii ... 3 to 1. Of course, this was pre "Wii Price Cut", so we'll see what happens next.

PS3 Slim Sales Trounce Xbox 360, Wii 3-to-1 by PC World: Yahoo! Tech

• no flash photography...

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Have you tried some of the games from XBL Arcade? There are tons of more casual games available for the 360 as well if you check out some of the arcade titles.
    yeah, but I guess I'm not a "gamer". I tried playing braid, but got bored. We play guitar hero more than anything.

• 'splosions

Quote Originally Posted by Skip View Post
    Who's SoulQ?

For the record, I did support the Wii's hardcore titles - back when I had a Wii I owned MadWorld, Galaxy, Zelda, No More Heroes, Metroid, and the like... didn't complain either, enjoyed them. I just couldn't stand the lack of online capabilities with the system (though I do love the virtual console titles available).
    an old mod who used to make the same argument as you

and I'm not saying you personally didn't support them, dont get me wrong, I'm saying alot of other gamers have done that. I'm not perfectly happy with Nintendo's online gaming either, DS or Wii, but that's not their focus unfortunately and that works in their favor.

(honestly, I dont want to hear a bunch of foul-mouthed trash talkers when playing Mario Strikers or anything competitive)

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe View Post
    yeah, but I guess I'm not a "gamer". I tried playing braid, but got bored. We play guitar hero more than anything.
    There are lots of puzzle games, etc in the Arcade. I play Hearts on XBL and 1 vs 100 more then my disc games lately.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123