Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Rides against injustice

Wii price cut coming?

Toys R Us Ad Points To $199 Wii Price Drop This Month - Nintendo - Kotaku

According to a leaked Toy's R Us ad for late September, the Wii will be getting a $50 price drop. Nintendo has stated before that they didnt feel a price drop was neccessary since the Wii was still selling like crazy. However, with Sony and Microsoft both dropping the price of their hardware recently maybe The Big N has changed their minds
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Rides against injustice

Re: Wii price cut coming?

More evidence that a Wii Price cut is coming?

Kotaku has obtained leaked ads for Best Buy and Target now showing the Wii at $199 the last week of September. No official word from Nintendo however.

This is Getting Wii-diculous - Rumor - Kotaku

Target Circular Adds Fuel To The Wii Price Drop Fire - Wii - Kotaku
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Circle of Ancients

You gotta hand it to Nintendo, always staying one step ahead of Sony. This takes the Wii down to $100 less than the cheapest PS3.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    You gotta hand it to Nintendo, always staying one step ahead of Sony. This takes the Wii down to $100 less than the cheapest PS3.
    For a far less powerful system, sure.

Still not a bad deal. Good to see price cuts across the board.

• Circle of Ancients

Less Powerful to the hard-core gamer ... MUCH more popular to everybody else who doesn't really care (myself included).

When $$ is concerned, I'd rather be more popular than more powerful.

• Just this guy......

Less Powerful to the hard-core gamer ... MUCH more popular to everybody else who doesn't really care (myself included).

When $$ is concerned, I'd rather be more popular than more powerful.
    It might not be has powerful at the other systems but it does have a lot of very fun games.

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    It might not be has powerful at the other systems but it does have a lot of very fun games.
    That it does. Twilight Princess, MadWorld, Galaxy, Corruption, Mario Kart, and Smash Bros are all excellent titles. That said, the system is basically a Gamecube in a new motion-waggle shell; it has minimal online capabilities, a comparatively tiny amount of storage, and relatively bad graphics. Is it fun? Yes. Is it your best option if you're a hardcore gamer? No.

Again, though, $200 price point makes the dated technology a little easier to swallow. I may get another one (I sold my original a while back) so I can enjoy The Conduit as well as the upcoming Dead Space and Mario Bros/Galaxy 2 titles.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Its not worth 200 any more. The lack of REAL Games and the fact that it does not even have a DVD player makes it worth like 100 Bucks now. Nintendo will really need to step it up to keep being at the top.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Its not worth 200 any more. The lack of REAL Games and the fact that it does not even have a DVD player makes it worth like 100 Bucks now. Nintendo will really need to step it up to keep being at the top.
    When are hardcore gamers going to realize that the other 95% of the world doesn't care about "so-called" REAL games.

Secondly, I've never even used my PS2 for DVD's so why would I care that I can't use my Wii as one?

Considering the Wii has 7 of the top 20 selling games right now I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon.

#1 - Wii Sports Resort
    #4 - Wii Fit
    #5 - Mario Kart Wii
    #10 - EA Sports Active Bundle
    #11 - Wii Play
    #12 - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10
    #15 - Punch Out

360 has 5 - PS3 has 2 - PS2 has 1 - DS has 5

* Charts taken from this months Game Informer

When are hardcore gamers going to realize that the other 95% of the world doesn't care about "so-called" REAL games.

Secondly, I've never even used my PS2 for DVD's so why would I care that I can't use my Wii as one?

Considering the Wii has 7 of the top 20 selling games right now I don't think it's going anywhere anytime soon.

#1 - Wii Sports Resort
    #4 - Wii Fit
    #5 - Mario Kart Wii
    #11 - Wii Play
    #15 - Punch Out

Sales does not equal quality. One of the main problems with "casual" gamers from a business perspective is that many buy the Wii, and then buy ONE more game tops. That game tends to be either Wii Fit, Wii Play, and now sometimes Wii Sports Resort. Hardcore gamers tend to buy a numerous amount of games and peripherals based on their quality.

Even if they do sell well, it doesn't mean it's a good product... that said, Wii has some excellent games, just not enough to warrant such a high buy-in rate.

• Minion

It does have a ton of very fun games! Everyone I know owns a Wii, they love it. Except my brother, he had a Wii when it first came out and sold it. He really enjoys his EBOX, for a while he was into P3... But hes been forever loyal to his EBOX. As for me, I'm more of a Wii playa

• WALL•E Fanatic

What ever happened to playing games that were fun instead of visually appealing?

I still revisit old psx / snes games because they are still fun!

The Wii does have very fun games, but beware of games that are too gimmicky.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

#1 - Wii Sports Resort
    #4 - Wii Fit
    #5 - Mario Kart Wii
    #11 - Wii Play
    #15 - Punch Out

The lack of Online and DLC (plus all the other hard core games) make it a less of a system. It lacks many things that the other systems have the Wii at the start was good but know has had no realy great game for a while now and a two new Mario Games arnt going to save it from me losing interest.
    Batman was the last great game on 360 (;ess than a month ago) and now Halo is coming out with other new games coming this fall. The Wii lacks all these hardcore games. And has too many games that use the Wii remote over being a good game.

• WALL•E Fanatic

Batman was the last great game on 360
    I've been out of the console scene for awhile now, but I remember when any Batman game was terrible haha

• Minion

The Wii lacks all these hardcore games. And has too many games that use the Wii remote over being a good game.
    Hhhmmm... Well I really enjoy my Wii, I guess you're right it doesnt offer hardcore games, I think their audience target is perhaps for families?...I dont know though, lots of my friends love the Wii when we play in groups. I can see what you mean about the hardcore games, I dont see Wii making a "grand theft auto game" though....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast