• Circle of Ancients

Star Wars: Battlefront II

Anybody get Battlefront II yet?

How is it?

I absolutely LOVED the first one although I did think it was rather short. But the re-playability is terrific.

I put this on my Amazon Wish-List for Christmas.

I love being a 30 year old Dad and wanting to still go and buy Star Wars games!!!!

• ROFLCOPTER

Re: Star Wars: Battlefront II

i am wondering too.. Its is going to be much harder than the first one.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

I played the Beta version on my PC it was multiplayer online only. It was a lot of fun some things were better than the first and some things were not. A couple of things that bothered me was that there is no longer a prone position so you can't lay down while sniping, the sniper does not have crosshairs when not zoomed in, and the game somtimes ended really quickly if on conquest because you can get a big rush against your command posts. I did like some of the new features like having stamina so that you can only sprint, jump, and roll for so long before you have to let your stamina rebuild. If you stay alive long enough and get enough kills you get rewards, like damge reduction or a better weapon. There are also limits on some of the more specialized troops and you have to earn points(earn points by killing opponents, capturing command posts, or completing objectives) in order to play as them. This means there may only be four Jet Troopers flying around instead of 20 like the origianl Battlefront.

There are new ways to play instead of just kill everybody or capture all the CP's they have added capture the flag, and assualt where you try and destroy your enemy's ship. I have not picked it up becasue I bought Civilization 4 last week and having been playing that, Battlefront 2 will go on my Christmas list for now.

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

a lot more complex than the first. Thre is a training mode that is very helpful though. So far i think it's great! They have a story mode ""Rise of the Empire" and a "Galactic Conquest", plus the free play.

I really like it so far.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

Re: Wicket's Blog

A fun site that gives some info about the game is from our friend and Rebellion hero Wicket. http://wickettheewok.1up.com/ I find his comments and replys to be pretty funny.

I have to buy this game today for my son's birthday...it is not what I would call inexpensive. I hope it is a good game. He played the demo that comes with the new Star Wars dvd, and really enjoyed it though. Darth Vader is going to be at a local video store on Saturday....taking pictures with the kids, ugh! I suppose I will be there..

• Lights on Nobody Home

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Anybody get Battlefront II yet?

How is it?

I absolutely LOVED the first one although I did think it was rather short. But the re-playability is terrific.

I put this on my Amazon Wish-List for Christmas.

I love being a 30 year old Dad and wanting to still go and buy Star Wars games!!!!
    I palyed the XBOX demo version that game in a mag. It looks like the graphics are the same but it gives you new playable characters and new maps at least. We will probably pick it up for Christmas. It is one I will play with my son.

• ROFLCOPTER

Just got it. 10x times better than the original, but still could be better. Space Battles are very cool, and the new battlefields are very well done. Yes, it is worth the 50$.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• ROFLCOPTER

Oh, yes, i forgot. The Galatic Conquest is completly diffrent, and the campain is much longer and follows the lives of the 101st clone/stormtrooper troop.
    Go Bengals.

WDW>DL

• Lights on Nobody Home

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Goofy
    Oh, yes, i forgot. The Galatic Conquest is completly diffrent, and the campain is much longer and follows the lives of the 101st clone/stormtrooper troop.
    I did pick it up for DS for Christmas and now am fighting the urge to open it and check it out when he is in bed...bad mom!

• -Going Retro-

I can't wait to buy this game! I bought the first game and loved it however, I paid full price and it seemed to me the price dropped quickly. I think I may wait a bit before I purchase the second one. Maybe even use eBay.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Goofy
    follows the lives of the 101st clone/stormtrooper troop.
    Please tell me this is a little less lame than Republic Commando. Arrrrgh .

• Lights on Nobody Home

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Please tell me this is a little less lame than Republic Commando. Arrrrgh .
    We have BattleFront 1 and I liked it better than Republic Commando. Totally different game.

• Old Timer

I bought the game a couple of days ago, its pretty good, the action is intense, the AI isn't stupid and its split screen muliplayer, the narration is nearly identical to Medal of Honor which is interesting, the controls for the Starfighters is really tricky though.
    The only disturbing part I have seen is where the Stormtroopers get the directive to kill the Jedi, kinda feels bad doing that at least to me but then playing Arbiter in Halo 2 and killing Marines wasn't so bad.

I rate it up there as a "worth the money game".

I suppose it would be even more awesome on a widescreen on the 360 but I'm satisfied with it on my Xbox and the 55" TV I have now (not widescreen).

BTW playing Yoda is really cool, I think my son has gotten him to jump hundreds of feet high!
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."