•   
    • Senior Minion

Disney's The Kingdom Keepers - Online Game

To promote the third book in The Kingdom Keepers series Disney has launched a new website with a game.

In case you aren't familiar with the book series, it is about 5 kids who are selected to be interactive Disney hosts at the Magic Kingdom in WDW. It seems that the Disney villains (Overtakers) are trying to break free from WDW and start taking over the world, and in the case of the game the takeover has begun online!

Gameplay is pretty much a capture the flag style where you have to protect your base, while at the same time making the trek through the enemy base and overtaking it.

You start off by selecting one of the characters from the story, and each one is assigned different attributes in regards to range, speed, etc.

After you select your character you are taken to the map where you select a node, and if you are successful you are taken to the other branched off nodes to stave off the infection from the Overtakers.

Once you enter a node you clear the purple 'infected' nodes by playing through them. The difficulty levels are easy, medium, and hard - and at times only the hard levels are available for an active node (large bright green spot).

After you select a node and start playing there are five minutes in which you have to take over the enemy base. If you run out of time or are unsuccessful there are 5 lives you can use, and you may also change to a different node.

I tried various nodes and found all the levels looked similar. Shooting at the enemies and their base did make for a sore thumb, but there is a pause option available to stop playing for a bit.

As you make your way to the enemy base there are some sparkling white circles which you collect to power up your cards. Each card (of which there are 5 per game you can have) is assigned a number key to make it easy to use in the heat of the battle.

I also noticed there is a 3D Map online component to the game as well, which I didn't get a chance to look into since I don't have a webcam. It seems that you download and print out a key, then connect with a webcam and place the key picture for the webcam to view. If anyone tries that out let me know what that does.

Overall the game was fun, but gets repetitive after a while. The main appeal I suppose is that this is a community based game where you work together to clear the nodes and stop the Overtakers from infecting the internet. The hard levels seem to be a bit too hard, and make it obvious why those tend to be the last ones available to clear most nodes. Yet, it is very responsive and a fun little game to play to kill some time.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

Re: Disney's The Kingdom Keepers - Online Game

Cait is fully addicted to this game! I will have to ask her about the 3D map aspect and let you know how it works if she wants to try it.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Only the Lonely

Blog Entries

I've did the map thing...it just says a message from Wayne (the imagineer that helps the kingdom keepers and the map is the same map from the game nothing special)

the game was eh...not what I expected to be I give it two out of 5 stars..
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

•   
    • Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tinkermonkey View Post
    Cait is fully addicted to this game! I will have to ask her about the 3D map aspect and let you know how it works if she wants to try it.
    Quote Originally Posted by cositaluvsmickey View Post
    I've did the map thing...it just says a message from Wayne (the imagineer that helps the kingdom keepers and the map is the same map from the game nothing special)

the game was eh...not what I expected to be I give it two out of 5 stars..

I guess we got our answer. I have to agree though, the replay on the game isn't very big for me at least ... but I can see how kids can get into it trying to disinfect all the nodes.

Still, I'm tempted to borrow my brother's webcam to see what it's all about.