• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

PSN Premium coming

Lol! That free PSN everybody likes talking about is starting to crumble.

VG247 Blog Archive Premium PSN plans for E3 reveal, to cost “less than 50 per year”

yeah, yeah, I know they say that everything that is currently free on PSN will stay free, but I think it's going to go along with all the other lies Sony has said with the PS3. I'm betting online play will be part of the Premium PSN within a year of launch.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Re: PSN Premium coming

Tell me, misinformed user, what "lies" did Sony tell about the PS3? The PSN will remain free for all PS3/PSP owners to utilize, with a few fancier features (like the free PSN games) for the people who fork over a little $$. If you actually read the article, you'll find that Sony is actually planning on adding a feature (cross-game voice chat) to ALL users, not just the paid subscription. This really should've been something available at launch, in any a case, but I have no use for it so I haven't been vocal about its exclusion up until this point.

Sony's PS3, in the long-run, remains more inexpensive than Microsoft's Xbox 360, regardless of this completely optional PSN offer. (That is, assuming, that the player wants to game online for several years.)

• Mr. Faranheit

Blog Entries

Backwards compatibility, the other os feature, rumble being last gen...

All things that Sony lied to it's end user about supporting.

Oh, and their feelings on waggle controls.
    Be controversial

Be outspoken

Be outrageous

Just don't be boring

Backwards compatibility was removed in order to reduce Sony's loss on the sale of the product, and was accompanied by a price drop. The decision was well publicized, and consumers can still get an extremely cheap PS2 if they choose to.

The Other OS feature I agree with - that's a **** move, and an unappreciated one - I'm glad there are several consumers who have filed class action lawsuits, even though I never intended to use the feature.

At first they chose not to support rumble - then they did with the Dualshock 3, which is an excellent controller. Where's the problem here?

Not sure what you mean by waggle controls. Sony Move appears to be quite more sophisticated in its motion capture/accuracy than Wii.