Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Re: Epic Mickey - Disney References

Quote Originally Posted by Madame_Leota View Post
    I know, that's why I scared to get on them as a kid.... because they didn't stop for you. Same with the Haunted Mansion, but the Peoplemover seemed worse because the cars were bigger and up higher.
    You were safe as long as you didn't jump from car to car. Very safe...

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

I just finished Epic Mickey....I'm wondering, would a review be best to put in this thread or another? Just curious, there's a lot I'd like to discuss with other fans. A heck of a lot. And boy, is it all epic.

• King of Los Angeles

It's fun so far. The best Disney game since kingdom hearts.

i dont know if this was said yet or not but theres 2 carts of Mickeys Mousecapades in the wasteland, loved that game.

• Who are you again?

Has anyone noticed the old discarded NES Mickey Mouscapedes and SNES Mickeys Magical Quest came cards in Mickeyjunk Mountain?
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• The Darkness to Light

Did anyone notice that there are a lot of Feature Film characters in the game?

I spoted Beast in the first area of Dark Beauty Castle, as well as a pair of Scar statues in the courtyard. Not to meantion the gargoyles that are in the thrown room are Victor, Hugo, and Lavern from Hunchback. And just now, I noticed that Leona has an ivory Simba statue in her library!
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    Did anyone notice that there are a lot of Feature Film characters in the game?

I spoted Beast in the first area of Dark Beauty Castle, as well as a pair of Scar statues in the courtyard. Not to meantion the gargoyles that are in the thrown room are Victor, Hugo, and Lavern from Hunchback. And just now, I noticed that Leona has an ivory Simba statue in her library!
    Where's Beast? I haven't seen him, but I've seen the others.

Also, in the World of Gremlins section, one of the rides that you fix is the magic carpets of Aladdin spinner in Adventureland.

• The Darkness to Light

Beast is underneath the second control box you destroy in the tutorial level. He's holding a familar looking candle stick, but going into "Mickey View Mode" doesn't reveal who you think it is.

Also, most of the gargoyles in the last part of the game are the same gargoyles Gaston decapitates during his fight with The Beast.

On an unrelated note, I noticed that Bog Easy borrows from Phantom Manor if you play using thinner a lot, mostly in the dynamic underscore addition of the organ and the children's chior and the removal of the banjo.

The boat where you find Pete's ship log in gremlin village turns out to be a dilapidated version of the boat from steamboat willie. Quite unsettling.

• The Darkness to Light

In the interview with Warren Spector, he reveals that the contraption The Mad Doctor is flying in around the Lonesome Manor area is based off of the WDW parade where characters are in snowglobes. Didn't know that parade was already "forgotten," since they are still using those floats in WDW.

• Munchings & Crunchings

LOL, although they did remove the snow globe parts...so THAT part of the parade is forgotten...technically...

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    LOL, although they did remove the snow globe parts...so THAT part of the parade is forgotten...technically...
    Or RETIRED. It's not just a land of forgotten things, but also retired and rejected things.

• The Darkness to Light

So where's the alien from XS? I guess Lucas still owns the rights to that or something?

Also, the same interview states that Tomorrow City uses heavily from Tokyo, and that the castle is one part Paris and one part California. Apparently, the entire Dark Beauty level was designed to mimic the Castle Walking Tour from both locations. This is the Prima Collector's Edition Guide interview that's in the forward, BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    So where's the alien from XS? I guess Lucas still owns the rights to that or something?

Also, the same interview states that Tomorrow City uses heavily from Tokyo, and that the castle is one part Paris and one part California. Apparently, the entire Dark Beauty level was designed to mimic the Castle Walking Tour from both locations. This is the Prima Collector's Edition Guide interview that's in the forward, BTW.
    Could you somehow get pictures of the forward and post it here? or maybe just write it out?

Also, since you have the guide, can you tell me all the different beetleworx?

The music in this game is great. Any ideas on when an official soundtrack may come out?
    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast