Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Re: Epic Mickey - Disney References

I'm sure most of you have seen this monster thing before, but can you tell me what it is? Or what it's from? I feel like I've seen it before, but I can't remember where it's from.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Here is another picture from Epic Mickey. We can see either WDS's Earful Tower or Hollywood Studio's old Earful Tower. Behind it is a very damaged Spaceship Earth. A building that looks like Tower of Terror is next to it. The wheel with the giant arm turning it could possibly be a reference to Grizzly River Run, and the rest is hard to make out.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

Quote Originally Posted by DEMirene View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm working with Disney Interactive Studios on this game, and if you're interested in viewing the video that Stitch626626 is referring to above, you can check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZdVgtwr1ZA.

Hope you are all excited for Disney Epic Mickey. November 30 is right around the corner. Feel free to ask questions!
    Hi there! I think it's safe to say that we're all very excited for Epic Mickey. You guys have been doing an amazing job, and I'm counting the days 'till the big release!

As long as you're taking questions, there are a few things I'm curious about. . .

• What sort of role does Pete play in the story? It seems like he's a recurring character in the game, but I don't recall Spector ever saying how he was involved in the plot.
    • How much of the level/enemy design borrows from Disney history and how much of it is original work?
    • What's on top of the beanstalk?
    • If you don't feel comfortable revealing game locations just yet, could you at least tell us if there are areas of the game based around lands outside of the Magic Kingdom? (i.e. EPCOT, Animal Kingdom, Tokyo SEA)

Thanks for taking the time to connect with your fans!

A few things I've found:

Villain windows. Sweeeet.

I'm not sure where the armor's from; I'll need to do some research on that.

I guess this confirms that there will be a Toontown area.

Horace Horsecallar!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    I'm sure most of you have seen this monster thing before, but can you tell me what it is? Or what it's from? I feel like I've seen it before, but I can't remember where it's from.
    It looks like a Blotling, and as far as I know, those were all created just for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainEO,ATIS View Post
    Here is another picture from Epic Mickey. We can see either WDS's Earful Tower or Hollywood Studio's old Earful Tower. Behind it is a very damaged Spaceship Earth. A building that looks like Tower of Terror is next to it. The wheel with the giant arm turning it could possibly be a reference to Grizzly River Run, and the rest is hard to make out.
    The giant whale/narwhal thing was probably inspired by Monstro.

Not all of the Space Mountains are white. You are forgetting the Disneyland Paris version:
    Very true; thanks for reminding me!

I went through the Tomorrow City interview and I've picked out a few things to show.

This is the Wasteland version the the PeopleMover.

This is the best picture I could get of the Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.

While i was watching the clip of the Nautilus, I noticed that there was what looks to be a hippo in the background. It also appears that the Nautilus is inside some sort of cave. Which got me thinking.

The blue part of this image looks to be the top of an entrance to some sort of temple. I'm not sure what the symbol on the center of it is, but this got me thinking again.

As I watched the clip of the Nautilus, i began thinking about reading Jules Verne novels when I was younger. Then I thought, wait a minute. How could they incorporate the Nautilus into Tomorrow City, without it feeling out of place? I remembered reading that in The Mysterious Island novel, the Nautilus was parked inside a cave under the island with Captain Nemo living in it alone. I looked back at the Nautilus and realized that it looks like it's in a cave. And this blue entrance things looks like something that could be in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Another thing that I'm wondering about is the clips of Mickey on the coast of what looks to be an island. How could an island be incorporated into a land of Tomorrow.

I've decided that all the clues lead me to this conclusion. Somehow, there will be a level themed after Jules Verne novels in Tomorrow City.

What do you think about this?

A spider enemy with a Mad Hatter's Tea Party ride vehicle on its back.

_____

I'm guessing this is supposed to be Alice's Curious Labyrinth from DLP.

(Picture from Wikipedia)

________

Apparently, the mountain on the far right is supposed to be a Pirates of the Caribbean area. If you look carefully, you can see a pirate ship.

Also, if you look beyond the ship, you can see something that looks like (and is roughly in the same geographical location as) The Temple of the Forbidden Eye.

________

The interior of Gibson Girls, complete with elephant.

(My own photograph.)

______

Main Street Cinema and the Penny Arcade. Note that the Cinema is showing 'Steamboat Oswald'.

______

The hub that branches off into the different lands. Are there only four key areas in the game?

_____

A level inspired by 'The Mechanical Man'

_____

You can see the Rocket To the Moon attraction quite clearly here. You can also see what appear to be Monorail and People Mover tracks, the latter of which seems to be running over Tomorrowland Lagoon (the submarine area). There's structure in the background, but I can't make out what it is. It looks like either the Carousel of Progress or the Mark Twain.

_____

[IMG]file:///Users/petercariaga/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/petercariaga/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///Users/petercariaga/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]

Since these guys are found in the Haunted Mansion area, I think it's safe to say that their costumes are based off of the pop-up 'grooms' in the old attic.

YouTube - Haunted Mansion attic pre-refurbishment, Old Bride and Pop-up Ghosts - Walt Disney World

While i was watching the clip of the Nautilus, I noticed that there was what looks to be a hippo in the background.
    Hippos again? Hmm . . . it's hard to tell, but it looks like this one's more of the Jungle Cruise ilk.

The blue part of this image looks to be the top of an entrance to some sort of temple.
    Maybe it's from one of the old submarine rides? The DLR and WDW versions both had an Atlantis section.

As I watched the clip of the Nautilus, i began thinking about reading Jules Verne novels when I was younger. Then I thought, wait a minute. How could they incorporate the Nautilus into Tomorrow City, without it feeling out of place? I remembered reading that in The Mysterious Island novel, the Nautilus was parked inside a cave under the island with Captain Nemo living in it alone. I looked back at the Nautilus and realized that it looks like it's in a cave. And this blue entrance things looks like something that could be in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Another thing that I'm wondering about is the clips of Mickey on the coast of what looks to be an island. How could an island be incorporated into a land of Tomorrow.
    If the Nautilus area is indeed cut off from the rest of Tomorrow City, it may be based off of the Mystery Island land at TDS, or perhaps even the unbuilt Discovery Bay.

I've decided that all the clues lead me to this conclusion. Somehow, there will be a level themed after Jules Verne novels in Tomorrow City.

What do you think about this?
    It's not impossible, seeing as From The Earth To The Moon, Journey To The Center Of The Earth, and 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea have all been made into Disney attractions.
    Last edited by Garfieldo; 10-23-2010 at 12:38 PM.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

This is the best picture I could get of the Nautilus from 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.
    Maybe Tomorrow City is a mix of Tomorrowland (All Disney parks except DLP), Disoveryland (DLP's replacement for Tomorrowland), and Mysterious Island (TDS themed area)

CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Quote Originally Posted by Garfieldo View Post

The interior of Gibson Girls, complete with elephant.

Main Street Cinema and the Penny Arcade. Note that the Cinema is showing 'Steamboat Oswald'.

The hub that branches off into the different lands. Are there only four key areas in the game?
    _____

You can see the Mark Twain and the Rocket To the Moon attractions quite clearly here. You can also see what appear to be Monorail and People Mover tracks, the latter of which seems to be running over Tomorrowland Lagoon (the submarine area).
    Where did you get those first pictures of Mean Street? I haven't seen those anywhere.

And I don't think that the Mark Twain River Boat is in that last picture. That's from Tomorrowland, not Frontierland. But this probably is the Lagoon.

Where did you get those first pictures of Mean Street? I haven't seen those anywhere.

And I don't think that the Mark Twain River Boat is in that last picture. That's from Tomorrowland, not Frontierland. But this probably is the Lagoon.
    I think it was somewhere in this video. Let me know if I'm wrong!

As for the Mark Twain, I'm confused by it as well, but that's what it looks like to me.

I think it was somewhere in this video. Let me know if I'm wrong!

As for the Mark Twain, I'm confused by it as well, but that's what it looks like to me.
    Actually, I think it may just be a random building that you can climb on or something. Not any ride in particular.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I thought it was The Carousel Theater when I first saw the picture.

Might be...

Hmm. . . does anyone know if there are (or used to be) dragons on iasw besides Mushu?

(By the way, I gotta give some mad props to whoever designed the dragon.)

Okay, now THAT'S pretty darn freaky. Really, Warren, don't you think this is taking things a bit too far? Think of all the children that will forever traumatized by the sight of Pete in tights!

. . . oh, and Hook's creepy, too.

Anyway, I don't think I really need to tell you what movie this was inspired by. BUT, did you know that this scene ties in with the parks, too?

This appears to be an area based on Disney Merchandise.

From what I can tell, this seems to be an area that's like a miniature version of all of wasteland. You'll note that the architecture of Mini Mean Street has elements of Fantasyland mixed into it. To the left and right of the area where Mean Street can be painted in, it looks like there are places to paint in a miniature Ventureland and a Tomorrow City. Since the E-Tickets spiral upward around a central tower, it seems that painting in each land will create a staircase toward (what I assume to be) a Mini Dark Beauty Castle.

Mysterious. . .

It looks like Oswald's in the England section of Gremlin Village.

A better shot:

As you can see, the pillars behind Oswald have the same markings as the King and Queen.

By the way, is it just me or as those plants everywhere?

Good call; you're probably right.

EDIT:

Someone on facebook (Zack Leslie) pointed out that this tree . . .

looks suspiciously like this one:

Last edited by Garfieldo; 10-25-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Actually, I don't know what the tree in that picture is, but the tree in the game is hangman's Tree AKA The Lost Boy's Hideout from Peter Pan.

It seems like nearly every aspect of Neverland is being represented in this game.

Actually, I don't know what the tree in that picture is, but the tree in the game is hangman's Tree AKA The Lost Boy's Hideout from Peter Pan.

It seems like nearly every aspect of Neverland is being represented in this game.
    The tree in the second picture is Pooh's house. You may be right, though; if you ignore all the knots on the tree, the shape matches up pretty nicely.

It's still not quite close enough to the Epic Mickey screenshot for me to say that it's a definite reference, but it's a possibility.

EDIT:

Oh, well that settles that, doesn't it?

Also. . .

'Jungle Rhythm' level.
    Last edited by Garfieldo; 10-26-2010 at 05:13 PM.

If your wondering if the Mark Twain Riverboat will be in the game, here it is!

Here are 2 more images from what looks to be a swamp level. DEMirene stated that there wasn't a Frontierland level. Is it just me or isn't the Mark Twain Riverboat station in Frontierland?

Up next: A new level inside an ancient temple!

So looks like it'll be a new level for Ventureland.

And last on the list: Pete

First is the Tron level Pete name PETETRONIC

And the last picture I have today is Gremlin Village Pete

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast