Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

Epic Mickey - Disney References

Note: This is not a thread for discussing Epic Mickey in general.

Warren Spector has stated that virtually everything you see in the game was taken from or influenced by something from Disney mythology. Even things as mundane as barrels can apparently be traced back to old Disney cartoons.

In one of his interviews, Warren suggested that Disney fans make a game out of trying to find all the little references. I say we do it! Who's with me?!

_________

SPOILER WARNING! If you want to try and figure things out for yourself, or you don't want to see pictures of things before you play the game, don't look any further!

This area's obviously based off of Main Street, but it also has elements of DCA's Hollywood Backlot (the trompe l'oeil city backdrops in particular) .

This appears to be a nod to the Gibson Girls' Ice Cream Parlor and the Main Street Penny Arcade. There's a gremlin and a black and white creature in front of the building.

The Partners Statue in front of the castle. Notice anything different about it?

The giant guitar may be a reference to Rock 'N Rollercoaster. There's also a giant toy block off to the side which may be from Toy Story Midway Mania. Rock 'N Rollercoaster and Midway Mania are both from the Hollywood Studios park in Florida.

This area is part of Mickeyjunk Mountain, a location that is filled with Mickey Mouse merchandise.

Small world, clearly. I wonder what Mary Blaire would have thought of all this?

The Small World hippo. This hippo lacks the flowers on the original model in Small World.

It looks like Oswald's in the England section of Gremlin Village.

Based off of Adventureland, as you've probably already guessed. I'm not sure if the tiki heads are from anything, though.

Probably based off the Rocket To The Moon attraction, with the surrounding area possibly influenced by Alien Encounter and Lilo & Stitch.

A Space Mountain-like structure. While all of the 'real' Space Mountains are white, this one has been given a Tron-esque paint job.

This looks like Pete in a Tron-style outfit.

When Disneyland's PeopleMover was still in use, one of the tunnels was given a Tron-themed overlay for a time.

Trolley Troubles, starring Oswald

Mickey's car + guns from Lilo & Stitch + Hades from Hercules = Beetlworx

+ + =

Last edited by Garfieldo; 11-11-2010 at 02:48 PM.

• Awaken the spirits

Re: Epic Mickey - Disney References

At about 1:31 in this video you can see Tomorrowland including a Tomorrowland sign, the Astro Orbitor, and Space Mountain.
    The Importance Of Story In Epic Mickey

The Hippo may not be in the Small World level. It might go inside a Jungle Cruise level in Venture land.

And do you know where Trolley Trouble takes place? Like maybe in a mine, or just city?

Quote Originally Posted by Madame_Leota View Post
    At about 1:31 in this video you can see Tomorrowland including a Tomorrowland sign, the Astro Orbitor, and Space Mountain.
    The Importance Of Story In Epic Mickey
    Nice catch!

I think this is from the same video:

You can see a Toontown area in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    The Hippo may not be in the Small World level. It might go inside a Jungle Cruise level in Venture land.

And do you know where Trolley Trouble takes place? Like maybe in a mine, or just city?

I think it's pretty safe to say that it's from the Small World level, since the design matches up far more closely with the flower hippo than the jungle ones:

As for Trolley Troubles, it takes place across an open plain with some hills here and there.

YouTube - Trolley Troubles - Oswald the Lucky Rabbit - 1927

• Who are you again?

I guess it's safe to say that Lonesome Manor is based off of all three HM's

Main area/center: Disneyland
    Right side: WDW/Tokyo
    Top/Attic: Phantom Manor

The left part/area confusses me
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

Quote Originally Posted by Garfieldo View Post
    Nice catch!

I think this is from the same video:

You can see a Toontown area in the background.

I think it's pretty safe to say that it's from the Small World level, since the design matches up far more closely with the flower hippo than the jungle ones:

As for Trolley Troubles, it takes place across an open plain with some hills here and there.

YouTube - Trolley Troubles - Oswald the Lucky Rabbit - 1927
    In the hippo picture, are those the hippos from both attractions? Please explain what the picture is.

In the hippo picture, are those the hippos from both attractions? Please explain what the picture is.
    Those are Jungle Cruise hippos. This is the Small World hippo:

And then the Epic Mickey hippo:

Sorry for the confusion.

I guess I have to take it back. The hippo kinda looks like a combo of the two. It doesn't have the flowers on its face like in IASW, but it doesn't have a very realistic feel to it like in the Jungle Cruise. But where it's located? I guess IASW.

Oh and what do you think the factory building being held up by a beanstalk is? I'm talking about the one from the map of Wasteland.

Oh and what do you think the factory building being held up by a beanstalk is? I'm talking about the one from the map of Wasteland.
    I'm 99% sure the beanstalk comes from Mickey and the Beanstalk, but oddly enough the building on top doesn't look like the castle from the cartoon.

YouTube - Mickey and the Beakstalk Part 2 (Version narrated by Ludwig Von Drake and Herman)

For some reason, the building reminds me of Max's school.

That doesn't account for the spires on top, though. Hmm. . . .

At any rate, I think it's safe to say that it doesn't originate from any park attraction.

EDIT: Looking again, it looks like the tops of buildings poking out from the clouds.
    Last edited by Garfieldo; 10-09-2010 at 03:07 PM.

I noticed that too. And I don't think it comes from any park attraction.

I wonder what it could be.

• Who are you again?

City of the clouds perhaps?
    Also, My bet of the name of the Matterhorn area is The Valterhorn
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Not all of the Space Mountains are white. You are forgetting the Disneyland Paris version:

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

I guess I have to take it back. The hippo kinda looks like a combo of the two. It doesn't have the flowers on its face like in IASW, but it doesn't have a very realistic feel to it like in the Jungle Cruise. But where it's located? I guess IASW.

I thought it was the Haunted Mansion but looking closer at it I may be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Today they've released an Oswald video, and there is some new gameplay locations in it. Both are from what looks to be a factory of some sort. Also in one of the clips Oswald says that you need to get to the "jug". I don't know what that is, but maybe the jug is the location from an early beach concept art image with 7 dwarf Beetleworx.

Today they've released an Oswald video, and there is some new gameplay locations in it. Both are from what looks to be a factory of some sort. Also in one of the clips Oswald says that you need to get to the "jug". I don't know what that is, but maybe the jug is the location from an early beach concept art image with 7 dwarf Beetleworx.
    Hi everyone! I'm working with Disney Interactive Studios on this game, and if you're interested in viewing the video that Stitch626626 is referring to above, you can check it out here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZdVgtwr1ZA.

Hope you are all excited for Disney Epic Mickey. November 30 is right around the corner. Feel free to ask questions!

Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast