Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Oswald and Mickey About To Be EPIC Again

Oh, another stop motion animator! Nice to see more of them around, particularly on a disney site!

• Future Imagineer

One Question: Will I be able to pre-order it at the disney store?

Played it for a bit on the weekend, didn't really go too far, but watched the opening, and tried the controls a bit. I really think you guys are going to LOVE it!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Quote Originally Posted by Right Ear View Post
    One Question: Will I be able to pre-order it at the disney store?
    I don't know, I recommend checking the online version of the Disney store to see if they accept pre-orders for Epic Mickey, I am sure they would give additional information if you wanted to pre-order in store. As for myself, I have pre-ordered the Collector's Edition, even though I don't have a Wii, yet!

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• Geek

got mine last night, it's awesome!
    gonna be playing it all weekend :-)

Yeasterday I was at Target, and they had this error and on the shelf there it was, Epic Mickey, so picked it up, because it was in the old games section, and I tried the price check but it said Item not found, so I gave it to the clerk and she scanned it and it said could not sell until November 30, which I knew because this was the date online. But before I did this, I looked at the back and saw the controllers. It is only for 1 wii remote and nunchuck, in case you were wondering.

• Park Wanderer #1337

I'm so happy Warren Spector is doing this game, he rules in the PC gaming circuit. I never knew he was a disney nerd, that's awesome!

I'm thinking of buying a Wii just so I can play this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Tibs View Post
    got mine last night, it's awesome!
    gonna be playing it all weekend :-)
    Same, having an absolute blast so far. You guys are definitely in for a treat.

• Future Indy Castmember

I got my Collectors Edition earlier! I'm still at school but I'll be playing the game as soon as I get home!

Heres a pic of the Collectors Edition with the contents out.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Closed Account

I'm sooo uncoordinated and not a gamer but I am a fellow Disney Freak and I have been anticipating this game since I heard it was coming out. Leave it to Disney to force me into video games...lol

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

You all know that Al Lutz is 1) NOT a gamer and 2) a VERY picky guy. After watching some folks play Epic Mickey at our house yesterday, Al declared "Color me impressed!"

If a surly old Disney gossip like Al likes the game, I'm sure the rest of you will love it.

This is a great holiday gift folks!

Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Hey everyone! Did you guys have a good Thanksgiving? Today is the big day as Disney Epic Mickey is now available across North America!

@Mr Mask - Glad to hear you've started playing!! Keep us updated

Has anyone else picked up the game yet? If you haven't, visit Mickey and Friends| Everything Mickey Mouse | Disney for retailers.

Here is a piece from the official media alert that was sent out today:

Disney Interactive Studios today announced that critically acclaimed Disney Epic Mickey exclusively for Wii™ is now available at retail stores across North America. Disney Epic Mickey ushers in an innovative approach to gameplay as players assume the role of the iconic Mickey Mouse and are given the power to wield paint and paint thinner to dynamically change the world while determining Mickey’s path to becoming an epic hero.

First previewed in June at the Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), North America’s most prominent video game showcase, the game captured more than 25 awards, including “Best Action/Adventure Game” from USAToday.com and “Best Wii Game” and “Best Action/Adventure Game” from IGN.com.

“We have poured our hearts, souls, and collective imaginations into a game that honors not only one of the most iconic characters on the planet, but Mickey Mouse’s creator--Walt Disney,” said Warren Spector, general manager and creative director, Disney Interactive Studios’ Junction Point. “Disney Epic Mickey is really about two epic journeys: an adventurous, heroic mouse and the creative genius behind him.”

Through the use of paint and paint thinner, players will have the ability to shape how the story unfolds as they discover the concept of “Playstyle Matters” – an innovative style of gameplay created by Disney Interactive Studios’ Junction Point, led by industry luminary Warren Spector, where players creatively tackle different challenges in the world to explore all the possibilities and storylines – but with consequences for their chosen actions.

Disney Epic Mickey from Disney Interactive Studios is Rated E for Everyone by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) and is available now at an MSRP of $49.99. There is also a collector’s edition of the game which includes a five inch collectible Disney Epic Mickey figurine, a DVD with behind-the-scenes footage, a stylized Wii Remote™ faceplate, and a pair of Wii system skins available now at an MSRP of $69.99.

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    I got my Collectors Edition earlier! I'm still at school but I'll be playing the game as soon as I get home!

Heres a pic of the Collectors Edition with the contents out.

Cool! Can you tell me if the bonus disc is any good? It's the only reason I'd purchase the collector's edition.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    Cool! Can you tell me if the bonus disc is any good? It's the only reason I'd purchase the collector's edition.
    It sure is! Since Im on my laptop, i took the chance to put the dvd in, and you'll love the contents in it. Theres plenty of behind the scenes featurettes that'll keep you occupied. I would recommend watching the featurettes on Oswald and Disneyland.

It also contains 4 classic Mickey cartoons remastered! One that I like thats included is "Thru the Mirror".

This is the 4 classic shorts you'll find:

1. Thru the Mirror
    2. Lonesome Ghosts
    3. Clock Cleaners
    4. The Whalers
    Last edited by The Forbidden Eye; 11-30-2010 at 02:57 PM.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

I really, really, reeeeeaaaaallly wish I could have gotten the collectors edition, but alas, I am in england where it just wasn't advertised. Ah well, I'll at least be picking up Tales of the Wasteland when it's in paperback!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

LinkBacks (?)