Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Re: Oswald and Mickey About To Be EPIC Again

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Al declared "Color me impressed!"
    I can but I'll need a paint brush.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

Had pre-ordered the collectors edition of the game and when I picked it up and brought it home, Mickey was broken. I had to go back and exchange the collectors edition for another one that didn't have him in shambles, but anyway on to the game play. So far I'm very impressed with the color scheme and look of the game. It's very dark and its use of exploring is a nice touch considering it could have been a straight side scrolling quest. I've only gotten to the SmallWorld portion of the game, but so far my real gripe is the camera.

Many times I feel that I am unable to truly see everything an area has to offer and rotating the camera can be a pain at times. I may just have to get used to it, but for the moment it does tend to hinder the game play. I look forward to diving in deeper and will give a better review of the game from my perspective.
    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by Explicit View Post
    So far I'm very impressed with the color scheme and look of the game. It's very dark and its use of exploring is a nice touch considering it could have been a straight side scrolling quest. I've only gotten to the SmallWorld portion of the game, but so far my real gripe is the camera.

Many times I feel that I am unable to truly see everything an area has to offer and rotating the camera can be a pain at times. I may just have to get used to it, but for the moment it does tend to hinder the game play. I look forward to diving in deeper and will give a better review of the game from my perspective.
    Same here. I just defeated the Small World Clock Tower (that felt good) and just arrived on Mean Street. And so far, this game is very good! It's something like Kingdom Hearts but with the old and forgotten Disney Characters and Disney Parks.

It appears that the main complaint is the camera, but I found ways to work around it. Overall, it is proving to be worth the money i've been saving for the past 2 months for the collectors.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• King of Los Angeles

I struggled with the camera at first, but the centering function really helps. Once I got used to it, the camera doesn't bother me much. I've beaten small world and Mickeyjunk mountain so far. Tomorrow city is next, but so far this game has been fun, and gorgeously rendered. Love the Mickey that came with the collectors edition.

If anyone is interested in watching walkthrough videos, check out the ones posted on the official Disney Epic Mickey YouTube channel here: YouTube - disneyepicmickey's Channel. Click on "Watch Walkthrough Videos" in the background! Hope you find them useful...

Please keep us updated on your progress with the Disney Epic Mickey! Have a great weekend

I put my opinion on the first page of the 'fans response' thread- I think it's revolutionary in many ways. I haven't seen a platformer of this caliber in so long...can I even call it a platformer? I've complained about a few stylistic choices and some of the story aspects (AKA Emotional depth with a villainous Oswald would have been a little more touching when it came to the pay off) but those have done nothing but made me play and think about this game even more, and I think that speaks volumes for what the whole of Junction Point has achieved. It's a love letter not just to walt Disney but to artistic integrity, and of course, Mickey Mouse. This game 'redeems' Mickey mouse as promised and makes him incredibly likeable. So a hearty applause and a massive hope for a sequel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

LinkBacks (?)