Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1

    • Unhelpful User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    121

    Epic Mickey Sequel Wish List (May contain EM spoilers)

    I figured I would set this up to get some ideas out there of what our dream Epic Mickey 2 would be. I do believe that a sequel will happen even if it might take a couple of years. Spector has said it was supposed to be a trilogy and the game really does open up that possibility. Here is what I do and do not want to see:

    Want:
    -More Beetleworx including the Hades and Jimminy Beetleworx. Also throw in new Beetleworx types others than tankers, hoppers, spinners, and whatever the other was called. And they need to continue the whole "Disney Masquerade" element.
    -More Forgotten characters such as Bongo the Bear, Casey at Bat, Johnny Fedora, and The Giant from Mickey and the Beanstalk.
    -Take things out of the Walt only realm and use more current forgotten characters like alot of the Disney Afternoon gang.
    -New areas should include FrontiersCountry (featuring weird amalgam's Splash Mountain, BTMRR, Western River Expidition, Tom Sawyer's Island and the Country Bears), Doc Cot (A weird mechanical version of Epcot that will feature Spaceship Earth), Oswald Studios (Part of the Blot clean up was for Wasteland to make their own toons. This area would be based on the Disney Studios and parts of California Adventure), Phantasy Village (The part of the Wasteland that was destroyed with the hedge maze. Of course this would be Fantasy land based... but have the old facades of the 1950's Disneyland), The Beanstalk/Prison (This is another land that was destroyed in the blot spill. My theory is that the building atop was a prison for unruly toons such as the Big Bad Wolf) and the WasteLand Resort (Another area built after Epic Mickey. It would be a twacked out version of the classic Disneyland Resort with some of the other resorts thrown in. This would probably be the hub world).
    -More Boss battles. Here is what I hope to see concerning bosses: The Meanstreet Electrical Machine (A boss built of old malfunctioning Electrical Parade floats melded together by The Mad Doctor... it would be complete with a twisted version of the theme), Dreamfinder (Figments forgotten owner has gone mad and lonely without his best and will end up being one of Doc's Generals at Doc Cot. He would ride a welded together mechanical version of Figment that is also a combination of his original vehicle and other old Epcot attractions), Country Bear Scorpion (Yes, from the concept art... but I believe is cleaned up a little bit it could possibly be acceptable and the character that makes Oswald and Mickey realize that not all Beetleworx are evil but existing AA's that have been reprogrammed by Mad Doc), and just more bosses in general.
    -Playable Oswald through at least half of the game.
    -A shout out to flight of the Navigator somewhere.
    -I think it is okay to up the fear factor just a little bit. Junction Point now know what works and what doesn't as far as that is concern and hopefully will have a little more leeway with this sequel.

    Don't want:
    -The Blot or Blotlings because that story is done.
    -Goofy, Donald, Daisy, Minnie or Pluto. AA or not, these characters don't belong in these games.
    -Ostown... because I thought it was just an extension of Mean Street.
    -2D side scroller levels. I don't think they work very well and were too hard.
    -Any Disney Classic characters such as Pinnochio being featured as actual characters. Statues and pictures are fine.
    -Re-treading of EM areas unless drastically changed.
    -Re-treading of EM plot.
    -Cutting out areas, characters, and "polishing" to reach a deadline. They should be allowed to build the game into being superior to the original and get the stuff they want in in.

  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Autobot Base
    Posts
    2,103

    Re: Epic Mickey Sequel Wish List (May contain EM spoilers)

    No Dreamfinder boss. If anything, make him part of a major subplot involving Figment descending into Wasteland to liberate his last friends and family. Oswald himself is focused on building Walt's EPCOT and a theme of "fathers and sons" and "Legacy" becomes a major part of the plot.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

    Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

  3. #3

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    11

    Re: Epic Mickey Sequel Wish List (May contain EM spoilers)

    The Beastly Kingdom should be added as an area where mythical forgotten characters, like the centuars, fawns, etc. from Fantasia, live.

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bottom of the ocean
    Posts
    960

    Re: Epic Mickey Sequel Wish List (May contain EM spoilers)

    I'd have to disagree with you on no major characters like Pinocchio. That's what I want more of. Sure add characters like Bongo, The Reluctant Dragon(who I consider to be forgoten) and Clarabelle Cow, but I don't want the entire game's characters to be divided into 3 categories again. I want a bit of a variety, not 50 billion pirates occupying the entire wasteland.

    I would like the Beelteworx to more used in the game than this time, and I'd also like more boss battles. Hopefuly we get a Fantasyland and Frontierland places in the next game. I really wanted to go to a Wonderland.

  5. #5

    • Unhelpful User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    121

    Re: Epic Mickey Sequel Wish List (May contain EM spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    I'd have to disagree with you on no major characters like Pinocchio. That's what I want more of. Sure add characters like Bongo, The Reluctant Dragon(who I consider to be forgoten) and Clarabelle Cow, but I don't want the entire game's characters to be divided into 3 categories again. I want a bit of a variety, not 50 billion pirates occupying the entire wasteland.

    I would like the Beelteworx to more used in the game than this time, and I'd also like more boss battles. Hopefuly we get a Fantasyland and Frontierland places in the next game. I really wanted to go to a Wonderland.
    If you want Pinnochio and other feature film characters, go play that other game. I, as well, don't want six thousand palet swapped pirates and Horaces... but there are enough forgotten characters where that doesn't have to be the case without having to resort to "known" characters. Known characters isn't what the series (at least the first game) is supposed to be about. There are plenty of unknown and forgotten characters that can be featured with pallette swaps of three different categories. Again, off the top of my head:

    The Giant from Mickey and the beanstalk, Casey at Bat, Bongo, Humphrey, Big Bad Wolf, Three Little Pigs, Johnny Fedora, Reluctant Dragon, Dream Finder, Hat Box Ghost, The mouse that rivaled Micky for Minnie in that one cartoon, Dancing Trees, Mickey's Nephews, Donald's nephews, the Hunter in Snow White, background characters from dozens of cartoons and feature films, The walrus and the carpenter from Alice (highly forgetable portion of that film), at least half a dozen country Bears to choose from, Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, Brer Bear, Brer Frog (Song of the South DOES count), Great Mous Detective, Rattigan, Alligators, Hippos, Carousel of Progress AA's, Black beard from the Wicked Wench in POTC, Alice Comedy characters (not likely), the pig from Mickey's marching band cartoon... or any side character from that toon, ... AND if the Walt time period band is broken you have most of the casts of Duck Tales (sans Scrooge, Hewey Dewey and Lewie), Tale Spin (sans Baloo), Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop (except of course Goofy), Gargoyles (YES!), and more.

    There is no need for starring character such as Pinnochio or Dumbo or Bambi or Cinderella. Just because the forgotten character aspect didn't hit exactly the way originally intended doesn't mean WE HAVE TO HAVE HUGE ESTABLISHED CHARACTERS TO MAKE THIS WORK. It wouldn't be Epic Mickey anymore and be closer to Kingdom Hearts... so what is the point? I think I pointed out more than enough characters that could fill in roles in a sequel without pallet swaps (or at least as many) and without having to incorporate characters all the fans know. This is an off kilter Disney work and not about the classics, but those characters that missed their opportunity or had their time in the sun but faded away. It makes no sense to have leads or even supporting characters from classics. At least Hook was twisted and turned into something completely different than what we knew, but even then I was dissapointed with that choice.

  6. #6

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bottom of the ocean
    Posts
    960

    Re: Epic Mickey Sequel Wish List (May contain EM spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bob's Sock View Post
    If you want Pinnochio and other feature film characters, go play that other game. I, as well, don't want six thousand palet swapped pirates and Horaces... but there are enough forgotten characters where that doesn't have to be the case without having to resort to "known" characters. Known characters isn't what the series (at least the first game) is supposed to be about. There are plenty of unknown and forgotten characters that can be featured with pallette swaps of three different categories. Again, off the top of my head:

    The Giant from Mickey and the beanstalk, Casey at Bat, Bongo, Humphrey, Big Bad Wolf, Three Little Pigs, Johnny Fedora, Reluctant Dragon, Dream Finder, Hat Box Ghost, The mouse that rivaled Micky for Minnie in that one cartoon, Dancing Trees, Mickey's Nephews, Donald's nephews, the Hunter in Snow White, background characters from dozens of cartoons and feature films, The walrus and the carpenter from Alice (highly forgetable portion of that film), at least half a dozen country Bears to choose from, Brer Rabbit, Brer Fox, Brer Bear, Brer Frog (Song of the South DOES count), Great Mous Detective, Rattigan, Alligators, Hippos, Carousel of Progress AA's, Black beard from the Wicked Wench in POTC, Alice Comedy characters (not likely), the pig from Mickey's marching band cartoon... or any side character from that toon, ... AND if the Walt time period band is broken you have most of the casts of Duck Tales (sans Scrooge, Hewey Dewey and Lewie), Tale Spin (sans Baloo), Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop (except of course Goofy), Gargoyles (YES!), and more.

    There is no need for starring character such as Pinnochio or Dumbo or Bambi or Cinderella. Just because the forgotten character aspect didn't hit exactly the way originally intended doesn't mean WE HAVE TO HAVE HUGE ESTABLISHED CHARACTERS TO MAKE THIS WORK. It wouldn't be Epic Mickey anymore and be closer to Kingdom Hearts... so what is the point? I think I pointed out more than enough characters that could fill in roles in a sequel without pallet swaps (or at least as many) and without having to incorporate characters all the fans know. This is an off kilter Disney work and not about the classics, but those characters that missed their opportunity or had their time in the sun but faded away. It makes no sense to have leads or even supporting characters from classics. At least Hook was twisted and turned into something completely different than what we knew, but even then I was dissapointed with that choice.
    OK! Calm Down! What I meant was to have more main stars like Pinocchio that is used they way many of the Peter Pan characters were. Like dress Pete up as Pinocchio and call him Petenocchio. I'm actually happy I get to fight Hook! He's awesome!

    yeah, I get it that there are plenty of characters to use, but some of them just wouldn't work. Take Johnny Fedora for example. How would get quests from a hat? that'd be like taking quests from a pole. It just wouldn't work very well. And I mean, some star characters from films simply aren't remembered much. Take Snow White for example. When you ask someone to name all the characters from Snow White, they can give you the eveil queen, snow white, grumpy, dopey, prince charming, and maybe the magic mirror, doc, and happy. But what about Bashful, Sleepy, and Sneezy? I'm in 10th grade, and I know people in classes that can't even remember their names. They're big characters from the film that people don't even remember.

    And yeah. I guess I could play Kingdom Hearts if I wanted, but I could care less about whatshername and whatshisname. I want to play a game like that, but as a familiar disney character like mickey. Not some anime retard.

  7. #7

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bottom of the ocean
    Posts
    960

    Re: Epic Mickey Sequel Wish List (May contain EM spoilers)

    Also, on a side note, this game isn't only for forgotten characters. Like I've told people many times, this game is for forgotten, RETIRED, and REJECTED characters. If they use an early version of Pinocchio, they aren't using the Pinocchio that we all know. It'd almost be a new character.

  8. #8

    • Unhelpful User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    121

    Re: Epic Mickey Sequel Wish List (May contain EM spoilers)

    Yeah, because getting quests from a hat would be just as weird as getting a quests FROM A TALKING PHONE OR FLOATING HEAD IN A GLOBE! And that is just one example of the however many names I listed.

    And I have no problem with the Pete send ups or unused sketches of known characters being used. But using these characters as the world saw them originally feels like a really big cheat.

    I get that they are retired, rejected and forgotten characters... but there needs to be a line to what constitutes as "retired." If the character is either still active in the parks or films or the thing that you remember from the particular film (hence a movie named Pinnochio, you are going to remember Pinnochio and probably Geppeto) if that film is well known. I don't consider that retired or abandoned. However supporting characters that are generally in the movie but people forget all about the them count. No, I don't consider dwarves to count as retired A) they are still in the parades b)Your example is using High School Students... not the best source of information and C) It is easy to forget the names at one time. If you go up to a regular person and go "Hey, do you know who Pinnochio is?" They are going to tell you the exact story of Pinnochio. If you go "Hey, that Reluctant Dragon was awesome." No one is going to know what you are talking about. Song of the South counts as Rejected given the fact that it was rejected in the U.S.

    And I don't need to calm down because I wasn't upset in the first place... I just think people take things like this out of the context of which it was presented in favor of their own fan bias. FigmentJedi's post counts as the same thing.

  9. #9

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Autobot Base
    Posts
    2,103

    Re: Epic Mickey Sequel Wish List (May contain EM spoilers)

    Song of the South isn't being used in the series because it's a big elephant in the room for Disney. Although, considering Splash Mountain and the high demand for the movie's release, they aren't really that forgotten anyways.

    And evil Dreamfinder is just a bad idea. Especially considering when he's one of those characters partially inspired by Walt Disney himself.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

    Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bottom of the ocean
    Posts
    960

    Re: Epic Mickey Sequel Wish List (May contain EM spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bob's Sock View Post
    Yeah, because getting quests from a hat would be just as weird as getting a quests FROM A TALKING PHONE OR FLOATING HEAD IN A GLOBE! And that is just one example of the however many names I listed.

    And I have no problem with the Pete send ups or unused sketches of known characters being used. But using these characters as the world saw them originally feels like a really big cheat.

    I get that they are retired, rejected and forgotten characters... but there needs to be a line to what constitutes as "retired." If the character is either still active in the parks or films or the thing that you remember from the particular film (hence a movie named Pinnochio, you are going to remember Pinnochio and probably Geppeto) if that film is well known. I don't consider that retired or abandoned. However supporting characters that are generally in the movie but people forget all about the them count. No, I don't consider dwarves to count as retired A) they are still in the parades b)Your example is using High School Students... not the best source of information and C) It is easy to forget the names at one time. If you go up to a regular person and go "Hey, do you know who Pinnochio is?" They are going to tell you the exact story of Pinnochio. If you go "Hey, that Reluctant Dragon was awesome." No one is going to know what you are talking about. Song of the South counts as Rejected given the fact that it was rejected in the U.S.

    And I don't need to calm down because I wasn't upset in the first place... I just think people take things like this out of the context of which it was presented in favor of their own fan bias. FigmentJedi's post counts as the same thing.
    Look. You can say what you want. I can say what I want. These are just our opinions.

    And this is the last thing I'm going to say on the matter. Your calling all High School Students retards? It's 5 names that are personalities or actions and 2 names that could possibly relate to drugs. Sleeping, Sneezing, Being Happy and Grumpy and Bashful, using dope and then going to the DOCtor. It isn't too difficult. And sure some people can't remember them all at a time, but I know some that couldn't name 5 at any given time. (without using their iphone)

    Just because something is used in the part dosen't mean that it isn't rejected. Disneyworld still has the Swiss Family Treehouse. I don't think nearly anyone who isn't a Disney fan remembers what that movie is.

    Also, the hat doesn't talk the entire short, while Madame Leote and the telephone do talk.

  11. #11

    • Unhelpful User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    121

    Re: Epic Mickey Sequel Wish List (May contain EM spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    Look. You can say what you want. I can say what I want. These are just our opinions.

    And this is the last thing I'm going to say on the matter. Your calling all High School Students retards? It's 5 names that are personalities or actions and 2 names that could possibly relate to drugs. Sleeping, Sneezing, Being Happy and Grumpy and Bashful, using dope and then going to the DOCtor. It isn't too difficult. And sure some people can't remember them all at a time, but I know some that couldn't name 5 at any given time. (without using their iphone)

    Just because something is used in the part dosen't mean that it isn't rejected. Disneyworld still has the Swiss Family Treehouse. I don't think nearly anyone who isn't a Disney fan remembers what that movie is.

    Also, the hat doesn't talk the entire short, while Madame Leote and the telephone do talk.
    Did I say that all High Schoolers are (I'm not going to use the word)? In fact, there is only one person who has used immature (and offensive) slang speak for a "disabled" person in this debate and it wasn't me. But using High Schoolers as your reference point does not sell very well the point you are trying to make. Not that I think they are all stupid... I don't... I just don't find it to be a reliable source or example of "everyday society." You, as a teenager, probably think it does and that is fine, but HSers are not the general adult populace. When debating with people please refrain from twisting words to make that person sound "bad" or predujiced" like you did above. It is insulting to the person you arguing with and really hurts your point rather than backs it up. And if you don't mind, I do realize that I am arguing with a teenager now and will back off this argument for that reason.

    Evil Dreamfinder= Evil Clocktower... something Walt had a hand in creating (at least the interior portion) and the beloved Mary Blair. And I wasn't saying that you don't have a right to say that Dreamfinder boss idea is bad. But your alternate scenario and avatar leads me to believe that you are in fact biased towards those characters. I'm cool that you don't like the idea, I just don't think your idea works either and really flings people that should be supporting characters into a bigger role that makes absolutely no sense. Maybe it could be told in a way that does make sense... but I'm not seeing it just as you don't see mine.

  12. #12

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Autobot Base
    Posts
    2,103

    Re: Epic Mickey Sequel Wish List (May contain EM spoilers)

    The way I'm seeing it, the story of Mickey's adventure has been spreading throughout the worlds of Disney and characters in Mickey's world are getting curious about what they might find down there. There's a lot to draw from this from Figment looking for the Epcot crew to Aladdin's deleted friends, Alice going down an even deeper rabbit hole, Huey Dewey and Louie wanting an answer to the mystery of the "fourth nephew" once and for all, and plenty more.

    Seeing as the Mad Doctor went rogue, Oswald needs a new techie for his new projects and Dreamfinder's a fine character to fulfill that role. Mad Doctor's still rogue and has clashed with Dreamfinder a few times as the cyborg keeps stealing some of Dreamfinder's nightmare containment technologies and with all this crap getting out about a Blot monster, the real Phantom Blot's trying to see if some of that enchanted paint and thinner that still remains in Wasteland still can be used for his own plans. Oswald and his new allies knows that this is just going to get dangerous for all these tourists and calls Mickey in to help bolster security efforts down there and make sure the Mad Doctor and a handful of other forgotten villains, maybe taken from Goddfredson comics, Silly Symphonies and other sources from getting a hold of all these new hearts ripe for the picking.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

    Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

  13. #13

    • Who are you again?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    764

    Re: Epic Mickey Sequel Wish List (May contain EM spoilers)

    anyone agree there should be little bits of the old Alice cartoons thrown here and there?
    Alice predates Mickey AND Oswald, but not Pete, there on the same level of Predate-iness
    Hello? I seem to be in some sort of inter dimensional dimension with no way in or out....Send Help! and Pie! pumpkin peferably

  14. #14

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Autobot Base
    Posts
    2,103

    Re: Epic Mickey Sequel Wish List (May contain EM spoilers)

    Julius would have been a great addition to the cast. Heck, go back further and bring out the Laugh-O-Grams
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

    Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

  15. #15

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bottom of the ocean
    Posts
    960

    Re: Epic Mickey Sequel Wish List (May contain EM spoilers)

    Quote Originally Posted by FigmentJedi View Post
    Julius would have been a great addition to the cast. Heck, go back further and bring out the Laugh-O-Grams
    I'm all for bringing back the classics, but I think there's a line that they've got to draw. The game focused on Oswald and if Julius was used, Oswald wouldn't have even been very important since he wasn't the first character created. I don't think it would have been a good idea to use anything past Oswald.

    Besides. Hasn't Julius been brought back recently? I've been seeing quite a bit of him for some strange reason.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •