• King of Los Angeles

What's next for Disney Interactive?

So I feel like Disney actually had a good year in games this year. Toy Story 3, Epic Mickey, Tron: Evolution, and Split/Second were all fun. Any news on what we can expect in 2011. I'm really bummed that Armada of the Damned was canceled.

Re: What's next for Disney Interactive?

I'm wondering if there's going to be a 2011 in gaming. Other than online gaming, I think there going to stop video game development except for maybe continuing the Epic Mickey franchise. They did fire one of their top guys this year.

• King of Los Angeles

Several actually which is a shame. If Epic Mickey shows anything, it's that a well-made game will sell. If Call of Duty shows anything, it's that a well-managed franchise can hang with any form of entertainment.

Hopefully we do get more out of Epic Mickey. There's just so much potential. Actually, with all of the stuff that Disney has in it's history and archives, they could make dozens of games.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Is Epic Mickey selling well? I tried to google around a little to see. All I was finding was that it was bombing in Europe, not much about American figures.

Quote Originally Posted by clockworkmonkey View Post
    Is Epic Mickey selling well? I tried to google around a little to see. All I was finding was that it was bombing in Europe, not much about American figures.
    In Europe, it didn't do too well for the release week, but over time, it's been picking up steam. Especially during the Holiday season. In America, it was a different story. It sold out on the first day's release. A ton of people bought it over the holidays for Christmas presents and for themselves and it's made a ton of cash. I think in America, Mickey is more of an icon than in Europe. Americans have more of a connection to Mickey than the Brits, French and Germans do. Heck, in Germany Mickey's name is Michael.

• Honorary Jungle Skipper

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    In Europe, it didn't do too well for the release week, but over time, it's been picking up steam. Especially during the Holiday season. In America, it was a different story. It sold out on the first day's release. A ton of people bought it over the holidays for Christmas presents and for themselves and it's made a ton of cash. I think in America, Mickey is more of an icon than in Europe. Americans have more of a connection to Mickey than the Brits, French and Germans do. Heck, in Germany Mickey's name is Michael.
    Good to hear. I was hoping it would do well for the sake of sequels and (even more so) other ambitions Disney/Wii ventures (again I say, DUCKBERG).

• Minion

I just found some sales stats. Epic Mickey's sold 1.3 million copies
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• King of Los Angeles

Disney has actually sold 1.452 million copies worldwide and counting. (Disney Epic Mickey Sales (Wii) at gamrReview) It's already broken the top ten for highest selling Disney games.