• Banned User

Mortal Kombat (2011)

Developers of the new Mortal Kombat have revealed the newest edition to the franchise will include difficult-to-execute 'x-ray' moves, in which a character brutalizes another and the internal destruction is actually shown.
    "It's definitely the most brutal attack that we've ever had in a Mortal Kombat and it's something that we're very proud of," lead designer John Edwards told IGN.

"Not only from an artistic standpoint but from a gameplay standpoint."

"The first time we knew we were onto something big with X-ray Mode was at E3," art director Steve Beran said.

The game drops in April

• Goofy

Re: Mortal Kombat (2011)

that is going to be fun game. so realistically looking. reminds me of the first kombat arcade game.

/\/\/\ The story is supposed to take place in the time frame of MK I, II, and III.

• Goofy

cool. i hope they go back to the way it was which the graphics should lookl like mk 3 style.

Quote Originally Posted by TCadillac View Post
    /\/\/\ The story is supposed to take place in the time frame of MK I, II, and III.
    From what I've heard, some portal will be opened that will just send all the characters (or "Karacters" lol) back in time to that period for whatever reason. Sounds interesting, and I'm very curious to see how it turns out.

I love how the actual gameplay is going back to its roots. The 3D side-stepping just didn't work with the games since Mortal Kombat 4 so I am definitely eager to get my hands on the first 2D version of the game in quite some time. Am I eager enough to drop $65 on it? We'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by PrototypeX85; 03-08-2011 at 02:41 AM. Reason: typo