Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Epic Mickey 2 leaked at e3

There's a rumor online coming from this guy who went to E3 this year. He says that he was at the Disney booth and while peeking through a slightly opened door, saw some Disney reps discussing something on a tv screen that read Epic Mickey 2. Does that mean we may be seeing a sequel within the next few years? I hope so, but it'll probably be released once the Wii U has been released. That means it may also be released for the X-box and PS3 now the the Wii U will have the same graphics as those two systems. The guy also saw some concept art and words on the screen, but he says that they were to small for him to read. He also didn't catch an estimated release date, but still. It's more than we knew a few months ago!

• Just good enough

Re: Epic Mickey 2 leaked at e3

Source? I'm not really inclined to believe this. Typically E3 is the place to showcase items for the general public and show future projects in the works (a hype machine so to speak). If Disney or Spector were working on Epic Mickey and had screenshots to provide then it would have been at E3. I'm not saying the game won't happen, but unless there is concrete evidence I'll remain a skeptic.
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

THEY need to bring Epic Mickey to other systems (3ds, Xbox and Ps3) really if it did not sell wel its cause they made a kinda unique game for gamers on a system most gamers dont touch any more...hell I only play my Wii for some Nintendo games and mostly Virtual Console games (N64 and SNES)

I just looked for the original source I saw a few days and it looks like the source was taken down. Maybe because Disney didn't want anyone to know about an unannounced project? As far as them releasing the sequel on other systems, I think it'll happen the second time around. Junction Point was looking for some people who worked on previous ps3 and x-box games to work for them, and maybe that's because for the sequel, they're going to release it on those systems as well as for the wii.

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by Eonevoli1017 View Post
    Source? I'm not really inclined to believe this. Typically E3 is the place to showcase items for the general public and show future projects in the works (a hype machine so to speak). If Disney or Spector were working on Epic Mickey and had screenshots to provide then it would have been at E3. I'm not saying the game won't happen, but unless there is concrete evidence I'll remain a skeptic.
    There are two "hidden" E3's: one for investors and one for suppliers. IF (a huge if) Epic Mickey 2 was being shown in any way it would be behind closed doors to investors.

I don't think Epic Mickey 2 is coming, it was a flop in ratings and sales, and unless Warren Spector has a contract to make one more I don't see Disney jumping to make a new one.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321 View Post
    There are two "hidden" E3's: one for investors and one for suppliers. IF (a huge if) Epic Mickey 2 was being shown in any way it would be behind closed doors to investors.

I don't think Epic Mickey 2 is coming, it was a flop in ratings and sales, and unless Warren Spector has a contract to make one more I don't see Disney jumping to make a new one.
    Sales were actually pretty good, just not what Disney was hoping.

Also, this rumor would definitely go towards explaining what Spector's doing at D23
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^when I meet him I'll ask if he'll be working on a new game

^ did he say anything?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^did not show up......really really sucked...they gave me the post he was going to sign but he did not attend the whole weekend.....I would have been first in line if he did show up

• Minion

Epic Mickey 2 is apparently a go. Got leaks from some polls showing possible cover art and hints that it will be multi-console and feature co-op play

News: Epic Mickey 2 leaked - Strategy Informer

Attached Images Attached Images  
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Makes sense it sold 2 Million on Wii thats not a bad number for just one system....its going to sell up to 4-5 million if its released on the 3 systems....if not more depending on reviews

• Minion

Kinda ticked that I'll end up having to buy yet another new gaming console just to play Epic Mickey 2, but since the original Wii is apparently 'on its way out', it seems inevitable. Too bad they couldn't have released the first Epic Mickey earlier during the Wii's run. That way they might have been able to at least have two Epic Mickey games that were playable on the same console (like Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2).

BTW, out of those four cover designs, I like #2 best.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^should be on Xbox (100 bucks) or PS3 (200 bucks)

HA! I knew it! I knew there would be a sequel! To all those people out there who doubted it, I'd just like to say I TOLD YOU SO!

Anyways, Pumped that it's actually got some proof of reality to it. and playing as oswald will be awesome! Hopefully we get to see Frontierland, more forgotten characters, and a more defined Fantasyland area to play through! Looks like Oswald will be taking the role of Gus in the sequel.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    Anyways, Pumped that it's actually got some proof of reality to it. and playing as oswald will be awesome! Hopefully we get to see Frontierland, more forgotten characters, and a more defined Fantasyland area to play through! Looks like Oswald will be taking the role of Gus in the sequel.
    No, Oswald's going to be Mickey's Luigi.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast