Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

vmk cards being sold...

For fun and amusement, I type in "vmk" on ebay, and I nearly had a heart attack...people are bidding on these sets of codes for over 100 bucks! Granted, they're huge, but some of the asking prices for these little game codes just blow my mind. Or, rather, how much people are willing to pay.

I don't know, I'm an upper middle-class girl, but to me, that's just...woah. Ridiculous. Some people have that kind of money to throw around, but goodness, it kinda scares me...

I also wonder how Disney feels about this, or if they even know.

Thoughts?

• no flash photography...

Re: vmk cards being sold...

hmmm..I wonder if I should put my extra set of cards on ebay....LOL..

Paying real money for virtual items.......sounds like a rip off to me! Why can't they just earn them like the rest of us?

they are to far away or can't come to the park as often......or can't egt a tour. It was like pulling teeth to get my one tour in.

I know lots of people who play VMK and have codes to just give to friends....I have not been to DLR since VMK was launched and I still have some of the quest stuff. I guess what my point was, is it worth real money to buy something virtual?? To me that would be no....but if they have money to waste then I guess there is always someone willing to buy.
    I am coming to the resort next year, I hope we can get the quests done!

I wouldn't spend money for them either. I did the tomorrwland quest and somehow got an extra set of cards, but I'm beyond bored witht he game...nothing new is added or if it is added it's just boring. I found all the mickeys...got all the potc badges and the fireworks stuff and now it's just boring to me. I have moved on to the sims online...which at times is boring also, btu at least I can chat freely on that without silly word filters that vmk has....LOL

Yes I agree that it is boring. I take long breaks from it, but still like to chat now and then with some of the friends I have made...if I can catch them online. I play mostly so my 10 yr old can have the stuff he can not afford credits for, LOL.

• What have I done?

I started the first day of beta! It was fun for a while... then quickly lost its edge. Now I have renewed my interest since trying an in park quest. So now I am hooked! After completing the Tomorrowland Quest I was excited, then I did the Holiday Quest... they gave me the POTC Quest cards and items as if I had been on that tour. I believe it has been closed off now. So they are giving out those cards to those who havent had the chance to go on the POTC quest. Bonus for me!
    I dont think Disney expected this HUGE following. Now they are scrambling and still trying to work out their bugs. From what I get from the CM's that work VMK. They dont really play it or care too. In any case Disney should have Ebay take it off the market. Or...do what Neopets does. Have their codes in items sold in stores. For example The Disney Store! Lots of people have access to one correct? I know they did this with Herbie Fully Loaded.

"This guy!"

• What have I done?

Also if you havent played VMK lately then you havent played!

LOL they just opened up the Haunted Mansion game. Frontierland and a new quest for the Holidays!

I love my Golden Snowman.

"This guy!"

• far, far away from DL

The haunted mansion is a great game to get lots of credits. Your person is hard to control in the game, or at least for me it is. They have a new hidden mickey quest. They took all the hidden mickeys and put them in new places. I found 10 so far. They are hard to find this time.

Sabrina

Quote Originally Posted by pineapplewhipaddict
    For fun and amusement, I type in "vmk" on ebay, and I nearly had a heart attack...people are bidding on these sets of codes for over 100 bucks! Granted, they're huge, but some of the asking prices for these little game codes just blow my mind. Or, rather, how much people are willing to pay.

I don't know, I'm an upper middle-class girl, but to me, that's just...woah. Ridiculous. Some people have that kind of money to throw around, but goodness, it kinda scares me...

I also wonder how Disney feels about this, or if they even know.

Thoughts?
    Actually, I notified VMK of this activity and quoted them on their rules about buying and selling and have gotten NO response. I have noticed that VMK has a problem responding to any emails that regard negative activities. But, they respond to all of the insignificant little things immediately!
    It doesn't look like VMK is going to back up their rules but they are going to ignore my question. Rediculous!

•   
    • NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Churro
    I know lots of people who play VMK and have codes to just give to friends....I have not been to DLR since VMK was launched and I still have some of the quest stuff. I guess what my point was, is it worth real money to buy something virtual?? To me that would be no....but if they have money to waste then I guess there is always someone willing to buy.
    I am coming to the resort next year, I hope we can get the quests done!
    As long as there is money, people will sell it. no matter what "it' is.

I too will (Hopefully) be returning to DL this late spring/early summer, and look forward to the quests with my son who is a big VMK fan.
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

i know. I mean why not TRADE for them. I mean they are trading a set of Holiday quest for like $35.

• What have I done?

Um about my earlier post um (looks around) um I take it back I am buying a few cards online shhhhh! Dont tell anyone LOL. Ok so here is the deal and why I am so furious. I turn in my last two quests. I got my cards and the VMK CM explained to me that "they are all out of certain cards" ... "so here are some replacement cards"... (me starring at the CM blankly). "I just walked away ladies and gentlemen!"

So I am furious, they were out. The only place I could get them is Ebay. They are all for under $10.00 so I figured why not. But also how about this! I finshed every quest! What did I get in return? ... NOTHING! All the hard work for nothing! Not even a real VMK pin which is selling on Ebay! So I am like now what?

"This guy!"

that sucks. I stopped doing the quests. the lines to turn them in are to long and the people doing the quests stand there and talk about BS with the CM for what seems like forever. Then when it's time to sign up for the tour it;s full. Come back tomorrow first thing...ok..we did spend the night...got there right at opening...sorry it's full...why???...because one of the cm's from the night before signed people up for the next days tours....they put me on one anyway, but it took forever....i didn't push for it, the CM was VERY nice and offered, but she had to make calls and get approvals...it jsut seems liek everytime I visit that booth it's a huge cluster mess..one hand does not know what the other one is doing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast