• Banned User

Disneyland Kinect Concept

I had the opportunity to play Disneyland Kinect Adventures a while ago and I gotta say ... I was thoroughly impressed. Gameplay aside, the environment itself blew me away. There was plenty of detail, from the bunting on Main Street to the style of rails and paths. It was really cool and now I plan on getting an Xbox just for this game.

Anyway, I'm sure the game itself has been discussed here, but I had an idea.

Expansion packs for different time periods. How awesome would it be to download Disneyland 1955 and see what it looked like on opening day. Disneyland 1960s, where you could revisit some beloved attractions of the past, take a ride through on Adventures Through Inner Space. They could even do 1990s, where you could see 1998 Tomorrowland, functioning as it was meant to.

If this was a reality, what kind of stuff would you like to see "brought back" through this game?

• -

Re: Disneyland Kinect Concept

I would love to ride the Rocket Jets at night. That was the best view of the park.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Ever since I got this game, that is what I have been hoping for. How fun would it be to explore the same park you did as a child, see the shows you saw as a child, etc...

It's 16 miles to Disneyland, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit It.

• The Pumpkin King

I have it, me and my gf have a blast playing it. I think some DLC for it would be nice.

• I won't grow up!

I agree with this whole heartedly. My girls love to play it because its the Disneyland they know and love. It would be a great way to show how things used to be without much fanfare.

Working daily to infect my two little princesses with Disney obsession

• Mrs. J. Depp

If that idea came to fruition, it wouldn't be long before you'd have to buy a simulation ride seat and glasses to "experience" these rides of yore. Gosh that would be so neat!!

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

• La Reine Lézard

I got this game for Christmas and fell in love with it! It is so wonderfully detailed, as brenden said! My only problem is that it's nearly impossible for me to maneuver through the crowds by "running". :P

• Disney and Beatles Fan

DLC would be a great addition to the game! An idea I had for the game is Holiday overlay. So you can get the park decked out for either Halloween or Christmas.

• Mrs. J. Depp

Wow this discussion is making me miss VMK.

Facebook me!
    Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

I hope the DLC allows guests to experience parts of DCA, and I think they should get licenses to The Twilight Zone theming so they can use Tower of Terror in the game.

I kind of hope they release an update every two years or so to keep up with Park changes. For example, Jolly Holiday Bakery and the Green Adventureland rock are nowhere to be seen. Plus when I peeked through the main gate, DCA still has its old murals.

And besides holiday overlays, I also hope there is an evening mode.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by IzzyInWonderland View Post
    Wow this discussion is making me miss VMK.
    Which was THE best online MMO of my childhood. Nothing like getting a new magic pin and showing it off in your room.

I have to say, I haven't played Disneyland Kinect, but from reading the back of the box, I was very underwhelmed. From what I understand, it's just a ton of mini-games. The park looks great, but I want to ride my favorite attractions* and see my favorite shows. They could incorporate certain game aspects like taking photos on Jungle Cruise (like VMK did! ), replicate Midway Mania/Astro Blasters/Games of the Boardwalk, but otherwise, it isn't what I expected.

*I totally understand that riding some rides would be incredibly boring and wouldn't incorporate much of the technology (what's the point of using Kinect to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad?), but some dark rides would be incredibly fun if they were geared to be more interactive. Not saying mini-games are bad, but I think the thread that connects the game to the ride is very thin.

• Banned User

I would say the game is mainly for kids and crazy park fans like myself. You'd really have to love Disneyland to want to play this game more than a couple times.

There are a lot of mini-games but I really enjoy the majority of them. My Favorite has to be Big Thunder I think. The cut scenes are really well done and the scenery in the mini games are really nice. There are tasks and challenges you have to complete by meeting characters, those are actually pretty hard if you ask me. And you can ride a few rides, like Astro Orbitor, Gadget's Go Coaster, Carousel, etc.

My biggest thing is you can't really interact with the park as much as I'd like. I wish they would let you go to the ODV carts and use your money to buy food just to watch a cut scene of it. Or show the park at night, that would be freaking awesome. They also don't have some rides, I'm guessing due to licensing, like Indiana or Star Tours or Capt. Jack (they have a generic pirate character which is kinda lame). And I was a little upset that of all the characters Kelsey Grammar did not provide the voice for the Prospector.

I have some issues with the Kinect itself but for the most part I LOVE playing this game.

I was amused the other day when I went into Innoventions and they has this set up to play - it was right out of Inception. Real me was watching virtual me walk through virtual Disneyland while at the physical Disneyland.