Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Unhelpful User

Re: Epic Mickey 2: it's official!

The purple thing is a Gremlin... and I think the voice belongs to him as well. Again, the palet swaps seem to still be in the game which doesn't make me happy.

And whenever Spector talks about new characters... he just talks about Ortensia, The Gremlins, and the Blotworx... only one of those are new. And seeing how little we saw of the Beetleworx, I'm not sure if that calls for Blotworx yet. I want to see more Beetleworx first.

I'm not convinced it's a gremlin. True, we don't really see a good clear picture of him, so you could argue that he's a Gremlin. But until I see a good clear shot of him, I'm not going to call him a Gremlin. And what's a palet swap?

Just got finished reading the new Nintendo Power issue, and I gotta say that I was rather disappointed. I was hoping we might get some new info revealed, but I went away with only 1 new thing to think about: TRAIN STATIONS!! We'll finally get to travel from Ostown to Ventureland without having to stop in mean street to get there! That's just another improvement!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob's Sock View Post
    Also, my biggest dissapointment with the first game was that they promised us obscure characters but we really only got Oswald, Horace, Clara, Ortensia, the radio and phone and that was about it. The rest were palet swapped pirates, palet swapped Clara's, horace's, and Goofys. And then animatronic versions of popular Disney characters (which don't count as forgotten) and the Petes (also don't count as forgotten). I didn't really see them using the forgotten concept that well in that first game... considering there are dozens upon dozens of forgotten characters in the Disney lore. Again, this is something I'm hoping gets fixed but during the press conference when he talked about new characters... he went into characters we have already seen and talked about how they will be updated. That isn't "New Characters" Warren.
    Don't forget that the Gremlins are forgotten characters, too. So are the Bunny Children, the Mad Doctor and the Lonesome Ghosts. All those characters are obscure enough to be in the Epic Mickey games.

Either way, I wouldn't worry too much just yet. As previously mentioned, the game was just officially announced a mere couple of weeks ago and they are not going to reveal everything in early interviews.

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch626626 View Post
    I'm not convinced it's a gremlin. True, we don't really see a good clear picture of him, so you could argue that he's a Gremlin. But until I see a good clear shot of him, I'm not going to call him a Gremlin. And what's a palet swap?

Palette swapped characters share the same model but have different colors applied.

And I think it's pretty safe to say that mystery character is Gremlin Prescott. Compare:

Also, take a look a look at this quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Joystiq
    In the demo, Oswald and Mickey are deposited in Os Town, where they must reactivate a pump to drain a fountain of thinner, and get access to an elevator below. I did this two different ways: first, by collecting three round ... battery ... things with Mickey's "Fairy Brush" ability (telekinesis, essentially), depositing them on their three power stations, and charging them with Oswald's electricity ability; and second, by placing just one, and supercharging it with a crazy-looking machine.

Here, again, the persistent player choice is demonstrated, as supercharging a single battery is easier, but results in a permanent gushing of thinner into some poor Toon's house instead of a nice, harmless drain. Normally, these decisions will be permanent, but as I had the benefit of playing the same demo three different times and knowing it would be reset immediately, I had no trouble at all randomly spraying thinner and/or electricity into everything. For everyone else, though, yes, your choices will have real and lasting consequences.
    Since Prescott's the one trying to convince Mickey to use the supercharger, he's probably going to turn out to be a bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob's Sock View Post
    In fact, that is my biggest fear with how little time there is between games. Disney rushed the first game so much, that the second game is just a re-mix with the same worlds and just the stuff that was cut. I mean it is kind of suspicious that they had more time with the first game, and under two years with the second game and we are to expect it is going to be better. I know there are going to be improvements... but what about the content in the game. Are we going to be getting a lot of re-treads?

I for one hope there is more than just like two new lands and things like MeanStreet, Gremlin Village, and Mickey Junk Mountain (though I loved all three of them, there should be lands that are unique to each game... and those parts are so good, I don't want to see them lose their prestige in the series) are cut for new areas to be added. Like instead of Mickey Junk Mountain, we get a distopian Splash Mountain.

Also, my biggest dissapointment with the first game was that they promised us obscure characters but we really only got Oswald, Horace, Clara, Ortensia, the radio and phone and that was about it. The rest were palet swapped pirates, palet swapped Clara's, horace's, and Goofys. And then animatronic versions of popular Disney characters (which don't count as forgotten) and the Petes (also don't count as forgotten). I didn't really see them using the forgotten concept that well in that first game... considering there are dozens upon dozens of forgotten characters in the Disney lore. Again, this is something I'm hoping gets fixed but during the press conference when he talked about new characters... he went into characters we have already seen and talked about how they will be updated. That isn't "New Characters" Warren.

Again, I am excited but hesitant due to the quick time it has taken them to make this game. I just have a feeling that new areas and new characters are going to suffer because of, once again, the game being rushed to market.

But PLEASE, keep re-treads to a minimum in this game. I already don't like thath Ostown is back in the game... and that it looks like Tommorrow City and the Haunted Mansion are as well. New stuff please.
    This nicely sums up my concerns about the game. If Warren and his crew retread too much old territory, I'm gonna be sorely disappointed. However, I still hold on to the hope that there are some great new characters and locations that Warren isn't allowed to talk about yet.

If I may ask, where did you hear that Tomorrow City and Lonesome Manor would be returning?

And regarding the pallete swaps, Disney actually stayed true to the source material when it came to the gremlins:

Just got finished reading the new Nintendo Power issue, and I gotta say that I was rather disappointed. I was hoping we might get some new info revealed, but I went away with only 1 new thing to think about: TRAIN STATIONS!! We'll finally get to travel from Ostown to Ventureland without having to stop in mean street to get there! That's just another improvement!
    That explains this, then:

Last edited by Garfieldo; 04-08-2012 at 09:09 PM.

I'm sold. That guy is Prescott.

Also, is it just me or does the wii gameplay seem a lot less polished than last time? This is something that I've worried about since I first heard that it would be on all platforms, since the Wii is typically ignored most of the time and given ps2 grade graphics. I hope this doesn't happen in the sequel, because the Wii is all I own. The first game had such great graphics for something on the wii from a third party distributor, and I really don't want to buy it for the PC simply because it'll have better graphics.

• Dreamer

Stockton, CA..350 mi away from DLR but that never stops us!

I bought the deluxe edition of Epic Mickey when it came out. Does anyone know if theres a plan for that for this one?
    "Whether in his movies or in his theme parks, Disney always promised a fantasy in which one could exercise the privileges of childhood - privileges he never abandoned in his own life. This will to power took the inanimate and brought it to life, or the illusion of like. In animation one could exercise the power of a god." - Neal Gabler, writer-'Walt Disney, The Triumph of The American Imagination'

Not sure about a deluxe edition. I think it may be a bit early for it even to be announced. Although the fact that you can already preorder the regular copy of the game, but there isn't an option for the deluxe edition makes you wonder.

• Nothin's gonna stop us!

New video funtime!

• Unhelpful User

And it looks like we are beginning again with the behind the scenes videos. Good to know it is so close.

Tommorrow City looks interesting yet again.

^^I know right? It's like vegetation has taken over the future! Definitely something we didn't see in the first game. Actually, all of the changes they've made to the lands we're returning to look pretty interesting.

1:47 What's that big green face that the train is going through? I first thought it was some sort of early design of Jiminy Cricket, but the area to me looks more like it's in Frontierland. Any thoughts?

• Minion

Spike/Gametrailers E3 coverage had some Epic Mickey demos. Included an Old Mill transition level and a boss fight in the form of the Elliott float from the Main Street Electrical Parade.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Can't believe it! This is SO cool! I'm so glad they're using more unique characters for the bosses! Hopefully he's not the only unique boss in the game!

woow action

Official release date has been announced: November 18th.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast