Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Minion

Exclamation It's E3 Registration Time!

E3, the biggest gaming convention in the world is less than 5 months away, and this year is going to be HUGE!

Expect Nintendo and Sony to have playable consoles (well maybe not Nintendo ), and Microsoft to show some footage of Halo 3. The portable market will be interesting too with the PSP obviously boosting its numbers this Christmas season, and the DS continually bringing in high numbers.

For those of you who DON'T know, E3 takes place at the L.A. Convention Center. Right next to the Staples Center. It's a 3-day event and showcases developers, consoles, games, peripherals, and everything else game related. It's not open to the public, so you have to somehow be affiliated with the videogame industry to get in. Media registration is available now, and in January, all other attendees will be able to register...

If you're a gamer, you have to see this convention at least once. It truly is a 3-day paradise. Celebrities, hot chicks, TONS of free stuff, Lots of fellow gamers to challenge with PSP's and DS's, free drinks. First look at games and info.

You have less than 5 months to try and work for Best Buy, Blockbuster, Gamestop, or any other company that sells, rents, or deals with videogames! Hopefully I'll see some of you there!

For registration info, head to www.e3expo.com. For all other E3 info including movies, photos, interviews, and other goodies, visit www.e3insider.com.

• Huh?

Re: It's E3 Registration Time!

You know how long I've been wanting to go to E3?!

I need to go... maybe someday.

As for PSP... it's definately been quite a turnaround for it since the launch. I really thought it'd be quite the failed system when it was released -- sales were low, I saw too many being returned everywhere I looked. I do rather enjoy mine (despite the dead pixels, which are not yet noticable enough to warrant a need to return it -- I do rather have to strain to be able to se one, after all). Now, just need for the hackers to hurry up and get things running on v 2.6.
    -Tim

• Huh?

I should hurry up and start a news and review site so that I can go as press....
    -Tim

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    You know how long I've been wanting to go to E3?!

I need to go... maybe someday.

As for PSP... it's definately been quite a turnaround for it since the launch. I really thought it'd be quite the failed system when it was released -- sales were low, I saw too many being returned everywhere I looked. I do rather enjoy mine (despite the dead pixels, which are not yet noticable enough to warrant a need to return it -- I do rather have to strain to be able to se one, after all). Now, just need for the hackers to hurry up and get things running on v 2.6.
    There are videos than you can download that will "fix" your dead pixels. Different colors flash in rapid succesion to try to unstick pixels. It doesn't work for everyone, but if you happen to have a "stuck" pixel rather than a "dead" pixel, you might be lucky!

PSP Updates

• Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    There are videos than you can download that will "fix" your dead pixels. Different colors flash in rapid succesion to try to unstick pixels. It doesn't work for everyone, but if you happen to have a "stuck" pixel rather than a "dead" pixel, you might be lucky!

PSP Updates
    Got the jpgs that test for dead and stuck pixels. I'm thinking it's more of the stuck variety -- It can only be seen when it's completely black, in a dark room, a bit tilted.

I'll check out the link when I get home and see if that works...
    -Tim

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

I'm gonna try and go again as part of my LAN group. They go every year, and I got to go back in '04...
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!

• Reaver of Souls

I haven't registered for E3 in 3 years, I just get the letter asking if anything has changed, I say no, and I'm in. It certainly saves a lot of hassle! This ought to be a big E3 year. Last year was a bit disappointing on many fronts. Sony's PS3 presentation was all fluff and cut-scenes, and 360 was decidedly low-key, considering they had playable demos. The only non-disappointing area was Nintendo, but that's only because I expect them to suck, and they never disappoint!
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Oh heck no. I could get in as press, but I'm not going to downtown LA for anything I'm not being paid for again.

E3 needs to either start traveling again, or better yet, come to Vegas.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Oh heck no. I could get in as press, but I'm not going to downtown LA for anything I'm not being paid for again.

E3 needs to either start traveling again, or better yet, come to Vegas.
    E3 is fun... but it's very stressful and can lead to a lot of headaches (bring Advil or whatever you use!). Very sensory overload.

Also, you'll realize that folks are just either plain lazy, stupid, or fat. You'll also realize that it's oh-so-wonderful to be in a crowded convention hall where 90% of the folks in there are sweating and stink because they probably haven't taken a shower in weeks.

Go early and try to park in the official Convention Center parking lots... where parking is $10. Otherwise you'll be hit with greedy parking lot attendants that will charge anywhere between $20 to $80 to park your car in their lot. Go early... like few hours before they open the convention halls and you'll save a lot of money that way.

It's just gross. Fun, but gross.
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 12-28-2005 at 12:08 AM.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Reaver of Souls

Last year was fun, with a power outage the morning of the opening day, and the A/C down until 10 or so. Even the scantily clad Nyko booth girls were sweating. Of course, I didn't really mind that....
    Honor those who fall under the sword.
    But pity the warrior who has slain all his enemies.

• insufferable know-it-all

Never been, but I'd like to go.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Circle of Ancients

I used to have a connection to get into E3 but no more ... damn.

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

I have a few pictures and a rundown of what I saw of E3 2005... also got to go to this year's Final Fantasy concert (I had also went to the very first concert the year before as well). Got to talk to the drummer for the Black Mages, ran into him the day before E3 convention floor opened because we wanted to register for our passes early and we "happened" to be in the area".

http://burnttoast256.livejournal.com/2005/05/17/

http://burnttoast256.livejournal.com/2005/05/19/

http://burnttoast256.livejournal.com/2005/05/20/

... and a shameless plug for my LiveJournal. Anyways... enjoy.
    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 12-28-2005 at 10:00 AM.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• Minion

Reaver, we HAVE to meet up at E3...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast