Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scammed :(

Exclamation Scammed :(

Hi my vmk name is Lindzie and I would like to tell you and warn you about people that get scammed on vmk. Well usually peolpe that scam you want to scam you because you have rare stuff. I have a bird hat (which is very rare on vmk) and s lot of people always ask me to trade. Usually they don't have good enough stuff to have my bird hat so I just say "No Thank you" That usually works but today this one boy on vmk said he would like to buy my bird hat. I just said what I usually said wich was "For??" He then said he would not GIVE me anything but he would TELL me something. He said that he would tell me a website that tells yoy how to get free Inferno. (Inferno is VERY VERY VERY rare magic that you can use on vmk.) Well I have a brother and he knows EVERYTHING about vmk and Disney. I asked him what to do and he said it was a scam. After that I told him that there is not really a free inferno website. He stoped trading with me and then went to his "Free Inferno" room. You can click on an 'I' on the corner of the screen and it tells you what the owner has to say about his\her room. This is what it sad: Hi please come into my room. I do not have inferno to give you but I know a website that gives you Inferno for free!!! Just get in line and give me any RARE thing you have and I will tell you the website!!

A lot of people were in line to get the website and they all had really rare things they were going to give him for a free website!! After they gave him the stuff he would just boot him from the room!! After I tried to help the people and say "Don't trade him any of your stuff!" he booted me from his room! Then I reported him and hoped he would get banned from vmk. I am just wondering did I do the right thing?? Any of your answers will help me.

• That's Hawt

Re: Scammed :(

Wow. Yeah, I definitely think you did the right thing! I wouldn't trust somebody that would boot you like that and it's probablly a good thing you reported him!
    Quote Originally Posted by drunkmom
    this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Thank you for telling me that but the only thing that I am worried about is that later when he is allowed back on vmk he will report me for some thing I didn't do and then I will be banned.

If you are reading this please tell me if I did the right thing or the wrong thing on vmk. Any answers will help me!!

• Why do you keep talking?

You definitely did the right thing, if he tries anything liek that, just tell them your being haraassed by him since you reported him, they should be able to do something from there.
    "Tonight I wash my hands of you
    You set the bar I could not live up to
    Tonight the light is breaking through
    So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
    Zebrahead

• Banned User

I am so sorry about this, but I do not know anything about VMK or anything of these sites or games ( they are games right? ) I just do not trust of deal with on line games or sites. I am so glad micechat here games here to play, my gun is now games here!! ( I did not even know they had these here LOL! I was shocked as I saw trophys but no clue. ( thank you dusty, and monorailman !!
    Back to you, one must always be careful of scams all over the web, the people on the other end can and will decieve you if you let them. Have a good day .

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

Is that what the thropys are for??

lIndzie, i'd also post this over in the computer and video games forum 'cuz people who read that play VMK more than those of us who read this forum do.

I think you did the right thing... Good for you for asking before you fell for a scam and them trying to warn others AND reporting him. That's gerat. I'm sure if he comes back and tries to report you, that you'll be able to explain what happened and you'll be OK.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Looking for Love

Ive played alot of MMORPG's, and so I would say that is kind of rare for people trying to scam. Most of the time, people have enough respect for the game and it's fellow players to not try and pull that stuff. I think the biggest deciding factor is that Price per play. VMK is free so I don't think people give it as much respect as a game that you pay to play such as WOW, EQ, or Ragnarok.

• Give Peace a Chance

You did the right thing.
    ~ MickeysGirl șoș
    ~ Gotta Love the Mouse! șoș

• Haunted Mansion Holiday

yes, you did the right thing

You did the wrong thing. Give the nice man your rare items, along with your social security number, your home address, your favorite color...

Quote Originally Posted by woxel1
    You did the wrong thing. Give the nice man your rare items, along with your social security number, your home address, your favorite color...
    That's not very funny, I think she's just a kid...

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    I am so sorry about this, but I do not know anything about VMK or anything of these sites or games ( they are games right? ) I just do not trust of deal with on line games or sites. I am so glad micechat here games here to play, my gun is now games here!! ( I did not even know they had these here LOL! I was shocked as I saw trophys but no clue. ( thank you dusty, and monorailman !!
    Back to you, one must always be careful of scams all over the web, the people on the other end can and will decieve you if you let them. Have a good day .
    It is kind of a game because you talking virtualy to people all over the world!!

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland
    Is that what the thropys are for??

lIndzie, i'd also post this over in the computer and video games forum 'cuz people who read that play VMK more than those of us who read this forum do.

I think you did the right thing... Good for you for asking before you fell for a scam and them trying to warn others AND reporting him. That's gerat. I'm sure if he comes back and tries to report you, that you'll be able to explain what happened and you'll be OK.
    The thing is I wont be able to explain what happened because they just bann you if they hear from another player that you did something bad on vmk!!

Quote Originally Posted by woxel1
    Why would I do that!! I dont want him to have to do anything with me!! The guy is trying to scam everyone too!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast