Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

anyone playing buzz lightyear astro blasters out there?

Thought we could open a thread on this.

• Look to the stars!!!

Re: anyone playing buzz lightyear astro blasters out there?

What is your online name on BLAB? I haven't been on for awhile been hooked on the VMK Haunted Mansion game. If you would like to add me to your buddy list the screen name is Sasafratz same as on here.
    I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now. Edna Mode

My online name is Yakknuckle, sister AnnieOakley turned me onto game awhile back and we do pretty well. you will see my name on the score board. Just wanted to see if anyone wated to play a bit, Sasafratz i'll add you to my buddy list. Peace muther!!!

• NEVER to Old To Fly...

Blog Entries

That game got old......fast......lol
    -----------------------------------------------
    DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

Decided to get on it again today:

-Monorail Man

• no flash photography...

I payed it once...i don't get it and got bored playing...my user name is scubabe.

• Sock Puppet

I havent been playing in a while, but a few months ago my brother was at Disneyland and he called me and told me to play when he got on the ride. So I did and I got matched with his girlfriend but he said i lit a lot of the targets up. It was cool!!
    Last edited by Captainhook923; 04-11-2006 at 07:35 AM.

I don't get how you guys get such high scores. I'm not a newbie gamer or anything and I can usually only get around 20,000. What's the secret?

Quote Originally Posted by gimpboy76
    I don't get how you guys get such high scores. I'm not a newbie gamer or anything and I can usually only get around 20,000. What's the secret?
    Hey Gimp, to build points you need to catch and collect only the blue batteries. The first one starts off with a small amount of points, but as you continue to catch and collect only the blue batteries, the points start to build until each blue battery collected gets into the thousands. If you happen to catch and collect a different color battery, then the next blue battery you get starts at the bottom of the points awarded and you have to build it up all over again. The trick is to pay close attention to the color of the battery you are collecting.

Also, when you are entering the first section of the game, you can try and knock out the 7 robots that are chasing a rocket ship, then when you get to the next section that turns to the right, you knock out the robot in the back for even more bonus points. The robots start on the right and progress to the left as you work your way through that first section. There is also a tunnel that you pass through towards the end of the game. Be sure to hit both of the robots with an X on them, as this gives you a really big bonus. The first one is on the right, and the second one is on the left.

Yak didn't want to share any of these not so secret secrets with you because he's a hot dog. He's also not a good team player except maybe with Annie, as he has a tendency to want to steal your points and or your batteries. I have played with quite a few players and most are good, but that Yak only thinks about himself. He is obsessed to the point where he plays the game 24/7, and he can't stand for anyone else to be #1 on the board, even for a whole day. Sorry Yak, but you know it's true. Wouldn't kill you to yield to game once and a while to some of those not as obsessed as you.

Gimp, hope this information helps you and you enjoy the game. You may not be an expert at first, but the more you play the more you'll get the hang of it. Good Luck to you!

Guns

• Banned User

I never even heard of this game .wow I am out of the loop!!

Quote Originally Posted by hakuna makarla
    I never even heard of this game .wow I am out of the loop!!
    Hakuna, I am providing a link so you can install the game on your computer and join the ranks of the interactive players. Have fun.

Guns

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disn...neDownloadPage

Well, GunsaGoGo if you would have searched for other posts by me YakKnuckle, you would have seen that on Jan 8th of 2006 I posted all the things I knew about the game. Maybe take a read and you will learn a few more things I have picked up along the way. For the most part you are right about things within the game.
    Now for storytime. I was turned on to this game about 5 months ago by my sister, User name on BLAB, AnnieOakley. The reason for that was she never plays games and knew I was a bit of a gamer. She wondered how UVAsundevil and Shywedge would get 700,000 plus, and she could only get a 100,000 or so. She asked me to play it and figure it out. Together with her we figured out all that we could. Blue batts only, with green guys and gold robots gets you high scores. Hard part is doing all that at one time.
    I have no problem passing on what I know as I did in an earlier post. I mean it is just a game, its not like we are launching the space shuttle here as Guns may think.
    As far as Guns accusation that I play 24/7 and I don't want anyone on the board, well not exactly true. I usually play a few games in the morning as I wake up and have a cup of coffee before work. Then I may get on that same day with sis to play a little together. It took a long time to get the high scores and it's not my fault when I play I get scores that push people of the board, I am just enjoying the game.
    But this is for you Guns let me know what time and day you will be playing and I will make sure not to play that day so you can get on the boards, or better yet how about just get good at it and i'll see you name there. Thanks for your previous attack on me when I had already posted the clues about the game months earlier. Feel a little crunchy now. By the way anyone who wants to send me there BLAB name they fly under I will gladly add them to my BLAB friends list and we will fly together. I will shoot for you and you pick up everything. I actually get more fun just shooting so others can get highscores.
    Oh yeah couple more things I thought of, if someone flys with you and shoots for you the gold batteries release other batteris on screen and are usually all blues, secondly stay away from green ones as the sheild distracts for screen and makes it hard to see blues out in the distance. MY email is [email protected] I look forward to hearing from anyone who enjoys the game.

Well, well, well, we seem to have an unhappy member here! Guns, you really have it wrong. My brother, Yak, and I have spent HOURS figuring out this game, and Yak has shared ALL of the "secrets" (not really secrets if the two of us can simply figure them out) online already. Just search under "Other posts by YakKnuckle" and you will find them. As well as the hours spent figuring it out, we have also spent hours playing the game, because we love it. It may be a small, silly, thing, but it's fun and it is different every time we play it. To those that say that the game "got old" I would say that you just didn't give it enough of a try. Also, we love teaming up with other people and shooting the targets for them, because that's part of the fun, as well. So, although Yak offered to stay offline for you, Guns, I'm afraid I won't make the same offer. Read the tips, and then play the game, and get really good at it. Zig is one of the best players that you will see on the boards, and she does it all on her own. You can, too, if you just quit bellyaching about us and get your game on. See you online!

Oh, I forgot to ask you, Guns: you said that Yak has a "tendency to want to steal your points and your batteries". How are you determining which ones are YOUR batteries? And how does he steal your points? Does he perform some special manuever that removes them from your point total and adds them to his? I wish you would tell me, because if he's doing that, I am going to keep a closer eye on him next time we play together.

Quote Originally Posted by YakKnuckle
    Well, GunsaGoGo if you would have searched for other posts by me YakKnuckle, you would have seen that on Jan 8th of 2006 I posted all the things I knew about the game. Maybe take a read and you will learn a few more things I have picked up along the way. For the most part you are right about things within the game.
    To the BLAB Twins, Yak and Annie, I think you both missed my point so I will try to do a better job and make it clearer.

There are many "Children" who love to play the online version of BLAB. The both of you make it very difficult if not extremely frustrating, for many of them to try and work their way up the score board. I say this with all honesty because all day, every single day of the week, the two of you are on BLAB and wipe out all the high scores of the day. Most days you completely wipe off the other online users scores from the score board. You are both adults, as am I and I am also a parent, and as such, we all need to cut the kids a break every now and then, and let someone else have a go at it, build up their self esteem and let them feel as though they are accomplishing something. I suspect that many give up and may even grow bored with the game because you two constantly dominate the board 24/7. I don't think it was the intention of the Walt Disney Company, to set up BLAB so that the of you two or anyone for that matter, could have a monopoly on it, and that's pretty much what you two have created. I suggest that the both of you lighten up a little and let the "Children" feel as though they are accomplishing something by getting their name on the score board. After all, it is up to us as the adults to set a good example when it comes to sportsmanship, and to be honest with you both, nobody likes a showoff or a hotdog.

Annie, as for your response to my comment I made about your brother stealing points, let me set you straight. One day I watched my nephew who was visiting, go online to play BLAB. He drew Yak as his online partner. My nephew has a pretty good understanding of how BLAB works, and what to do in order to build up the points. Without going into lenghty detail, I can tell you from observing several times how Yak plays, that he's not a team player at all, but plays like a hotdog. Annie, you and him may play as a team, but some of the kids who get on BLAB may not appreciate drawing Yak as a partner, especially when Yak acts like the bully at the playground. Keep in mind what I said in my previous paragraph, that there are many "Children" who play the game, and whether you both realize this or not, they sometimes become easily discouraged when out gunned by a pro, especially when the pro is an adult.

If the both of you would like to really make a name for yourselves, then perhaps you two might consider signing up and participating at the BLAB contest in Disneyland Park next month. That would be a much more appropriate setting for which to show off your talents, then to constantly compete online against "Kids".

Sincerely,
    Guns

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast