• Disney Trivia Queen

Angry Please help spread the word to Disney about rare power disks!

Currently the way power disks are packaged makes it so scalpers can tell what they're getting without opening the package, buy them all and sell theme at high prices on e-bay before anyone else has a chance to get them. This video explains how it is done! We want new packaging so everyone has a chance to get the rare disks at the normal price!

Finding Rare Disney Infinity Power Discs in Closed Packages - YouTube

• Seasick

Re: Please help spread the word to Disney about rare power disks!

That YouTube video did not need to be nine minutes long to explain the issue, but I digress.

I'm, not a fan of the way the discs are sold. They're already pretty pricey at $2.50 each, but to get all of them you will end up with doubles, so you end up paying more. It's excessive. Not everyone has the ability to trade.

I'd like to see them just sell them without the mystery, or at least sell them in a format where you see one disc and one or two are hidden. If you collect most of the discs, getting the last one or two could cost you a small fortune.

Personally, I'm just scanning them in the unopened package and returning any duplicates.
    My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

I don't like the way their sold either. Best Buy has started putting them in plastic security boxes over here. I don't know if it's because of theft issues or they are trying to curb the cheating.
    10 year AP holder for Disneyland and finally just upgraded to the Premium pass!

Disney Infinity Power Discs for sale/trade.

Started the blog Disney Geekery. Hope you all check it out

• Long live the Fire Lord

I think they should drop them altogether. Or for things like weapons or cars or mounts, make them all or nothing, either all the weapons are in game, or all of them are on disk
    "What single word is the name of a magazine, a cereal, a board game, and a never-ending series of soul-crushing disappointments which slowly leech away your hope and idealism until you are nothing more than a bitter husk of a man?"

Quote Originally Posted by Crazybirdman View Post
    I think they should drop them altogether. Or for things like weapons or cars or mounts, make them all or nothing, either all the weapons are in game, or all of them are on disk
    I have to be honest though. I like the idea of trading things you get from blind packages. It creates a sense of community. I have actually been more involved with collecting and trading than I have been with playing the game itself.

They just need to back off from the "1 rare per case" thing. It forces people to spend too much in order to get them all.
    10 year AP holder for Disneyland and finally just upgraded to the Premium pass!

Disney Infinity Power Discs for sale/trade.

Started the blog Disney Geekery. Hope you all check it out

Maybe they should do what Hasbro does with their blind bag My Little Pony figures. Each figure has a different code and it is printed on the bag. (It takes some searching to find the code but they are usually on the bottom of the bag.) Until I found the list for the codes that other pony collectors posted, I was getting a lot of ponies I didn't want.
    I noticed numbers printed on the Infinity Disc bags but I couldn't read them well enough to tell if they were different.

• Perfect Insanity

The 1 rare per case type thing has been going on forever with toys. I don't think it will ever change. For us we are collectors so it can be fun to hunt for the things we want that are that way and sometimes it is fustrating. Because our daughter pays with Monster High dolls and our boys are older and don't play with toys my husband hunts for the boy dolls from that line of toys since they are so rare to come by.
    dazyhill, I don't think the power discs would be packed like the MLPs. We have only had one double so far and that double had a completely different disc with it from what the first one had. So I don't see a code helping in finding certain ones with these things since there are 2 in each pack and the MLPs are 1 a pack. Unless they stuck 2 codes on it for all those different ones.
    Which I'm glad to know about the MLP thing cause my daughter likes to buy those. Will have to look that up now.
    Last edited by Berry Princess; 08-29-2013 at 08:26 AM.
    Princess Anna

Mom To
    Video Game Player-Noah (6/5/98)
    &
    Baseball Player & All Stars Basketball Player-Kaleb (3/8/02)
    &
    Ballerina Princess Skylar (9/21/06)
    A crowded day at Disneyland beats a busy day of housework!!

^ Go to Equestria Daily and do a custom Google search (.i.e. My Little Pony Blind Bag Wave 5 ,etc). That's where I found the information. I printed one of the lists, went to the store, and it was accurate. I was able to get the ponies I wanted.