Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• No Disassemble!

Accurate Rendition of Disneyland Appears in Popular Zombie Survival Video Game

For your viewing enjoyment.

The video game is called "Left 4 Dead". It's a survival horror video game that is available for PC and Xbox 360. A talented gamer created a "map mod" in the game that accurately creates a zombie infested Disneyland.

Links:
    Left 4 Dead site: http://www.l4d.com

Full article: Ruin (Improve?) Your Disneyland Memories With A Left 4 Dead 2 Mod
    Many Bothans died to bring you these fastpasses.

• Minion

Re: Accurate Rendition of Disneyland Appears in Popular Zombie Survival Video Game

Very cool.
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

• Baja Mexico

Re: Accurate Rendition of Disneyland Appears in Popular Zombie Survival Video Game

wow! is nice, i/m getting tired of google earth

• Singing Drinker

Things like this make me almost wish I had xBox Live Gold.

"What? No RCT 4 to make a newer, better, closer version? FINE! Zombies it is!"
    There's nothing like being in heavy rehearsal for a new season to remind you that this isn't just a hobby.

Not accurate, animatronics were working in Splash Mountain, though give them credit for the trash barrel fire at NOS train station, it does get cold at the station waiting in large crowds to board the many trains that pass before room is avaiable

Makes me want to get the game just to play that. No Xbox though

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by laferney Road kid View Post
    Not accurate, animatronics were working in Splash Mountain...
    HAHAHAHA, so true!
    Princess of Agrabah and Queen of Never Land

This is so cool!

• Closed Account

I've played it several times, and it is very well done. A lot of it blew me away. Its sad that it can't be as detailed as the actual park, but for a fan-made map its fantastic. I really wonder what the process was before making it, as to how much research was put into it, etc. Pretty accurately done, even the hidden grenade launcher in Walt's apartment.

Left 4 Dead 2 also has maps for Pirates and Indiana Jones, though I'm unsure if the same guy did those as well.

• Senior Minion

Zombies at Disneyland.

Somehow it's... appropriate.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Zombies at Disneyland.

Somehow it's... appropriate.
    The one thing they might not have been able to do that would have made it perfect: have about a quarter of the zombies pushing strollers.
    There's nothing like being in heavy rehearsal for a new season to remind you that this isn't just a hobby.

• Former Churro Jockey

Shhh, don't tell anyone, but my plan to escape the Zombie apocalypse is to hide out at Disneyland. Oh sure, it would be over run with zombies in the first few days, but once they all left I'd have the park to myself. Critter Country seems like the most easily defended location since there is only one way in and one way out, but there is a whole fruit orchard backstage behind Tomorrowland, so I haven't figured out exactly where yet. Maybe I should get the game and get some practice...

Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Singing Drinker

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Shhh, don't tell anyone, but my plan to escape the Zombie apocalypse is to hide out at Disneyland. Oh sure, it would be over run with zombies in the first few days, but once they all left I'd have the park to myself. Critter Country seems like the most easily defended location since there is only one way in and one way out, but there is a whole fruit orchard backstage behind Tomorrowland, so I haven't figured out exactly where yet. Maybe I should get the game and get some practice...

You'd need a team. Best option after initial park occupation is to seize the Monorail station across Downtown Disney and reinforce the riot-grade fencing there. Take the unused ride vehicles for the rides you don't like and build the outer security walls higher. For good measure, once you've secured the hotel send out a scouting party to the gas station on the NW corner of the property to add to Disneyland's already decent in-house supply (not that it'll help in a year when the gas is inert, but that's a worry for another day). Weapons are a bit harder - there's a small stash at the APD substation but for the most part you're looking at having to run a distance raid down Harbor to the Big 5 which is likely to see near immediate looting.

What?

• Former Churro Jockey

Quote Originally Posted by BogLurch View Post
    You'd need a team. Best option after initial park occupation is to seize the Monorail station across Downtown Disney and reinforce the riot-grade fencing there. Take the unused ride vehicles for the rides you don't like and build the outer security walls higher. For good measure, once you've secured the hotel send out a scouting party to the gas station on the NW corner of the property to add to Disneyland's already decent in-house supply (not that it'll help in a year when the gas is inert, but that's a worry for another day). Weapons are a bit harder - there's a small stash at the APD substation but for the most part you're looking at having to run a distance raid down Harbor to the Big 5 which is likely to see near immediate looting.

What?
    Wow, okay, so now that I've thought about it for a few minutes, I think I'd be hiding out INSIDE the rides. You're right about a team, in fact, I'd probably want several teams of 12 people or so. Pirates seems like the most inaccessible for zombies, plus there are emergency exit doors that open up right next to the Blue Bayou kitchen, which might be convenient. Tom Sawyer's Island would probably be the absolute most ideal assuming zombies can't swim, so maybe that would be our base of operations. Maybe we could even figure out a way to turn on the Fantasmic pyro effects when the water catches on fire if ever a zombie tried to swim for it. Innoventions seems relatively secure, so that might be another good spot, and it's close by the AgriFuture orchard backstage. Tarzan's Treehouse is another obvious one. I'd probably want to try and figure out how to get some lookouts in the Matterhorn, and if we could figure out how to manipulate the ride system (and for as long as the power still worked), we could have some in Tot in the elevator at the top of the drop with the doors open to DCA. Oddly enough, none of the DCA rides seem that secure to me in the event of a zombie apocalypse -- clearly something Imagineering overlooked.

As for weapons, I'm assuming that wouldn't be a problem. In most zombie movies, there are abandoned military defensive positions (bean bags with .50 caliber weapons and ammo on street corners) all around the city. If I could get two of those and set them up over both tunnels from the main gate to Main St., then we'd really be set. The only thing we'd have to worry about are backstage entrances into the park, and I can attest that those are all small and narrow, and so it shouldn't be too hard to secure those. Securing backstage would be next to impossible because it's so open and has so many different ways to get in from the outside world.

Really though I think that food would be the biggest issue. Disney obviously has some food on property but I've seen the armies of 18-wheelers that come every single day at 4:00AM to deliver food supplies to the park, so my guess is that the food that we found in the park might last a month at best. Too bad the DCA bountiful valley farm isn't there anymore...
    Disneyland Cast Member
    Outdoor Vending
    1996 - 1999

My interview with MiceAge about working at Disneyland:
    http://micechat.com/blogs/mouth-of-t...ding-crew.html

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Zombies at Disneyland.
    Yes, there are called Tourist

But an amazing job.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast