• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Stuck in a RCT2 scenario

Okay, so I've played the scenario "Fungus Woods" on RCT2, like twenty times. It's the one where you can't build anything but 'wooden' rides. It's been awful. I'm totally stuck. Any advice?

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Stuck in a RCT2 scenario

What exactly are you having problems with? Attendance?

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

I should have been more detailed! I'm sorry about that! I was grouchy.

The objective is to 2,500 guests by the end of October, year 4, with a park rating of at least 600. But for me, I get stalled, sadly broke by year two. Construction stops and no one else comes in, for I end up having zero cash for advertising. This is the scenario where you only may build old fashioned rides of wood. Park rating is fairly easy to maintain, due to the density of the forest giving natural backgrounds and environments.

It's making me crazy. I've built large coasters to the back, drawing people in, and over-loading the place with vendors, trying to earn extra cash. I then tried to move the coaster more central, making a smaller park and then branching out to smaller 'mini' parks, like Frontierland and such. That worked for a while, but again, fate works against me, I go broke and then there's no more people.

Don't even get me started on Gravity Gardens! That will be my next post when I get this bugger done with!

Thanks for your time and advice ahead of time,
    Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Roo719
    I should have been more detailed! I'm sorry about that! I was grouchy.

The objective is to 2,500 guests by the end of October, year 4, with a park rating of at least 600. But for me, I get stalled, sadly broke by year two. Construction stops and no one else comes in, for I end up having zero cash for advertising. This is the scenario where you only may build old fashioned rides of wood. Park rating is fairly easy to maintain, due to the density of the forest giving natural backgrounds and environments.

It's making me crazy. I've built large coasters to the back, drawing people in, and over-loading the place with vendors, trying to earn extra cash. I then tried to move the coaster more central, making a smaller park and then branching out to smaller 'mini' parks, like Frontierland and such. That worked for a while, but again, fate works against me, I go broke and then there's no more people.

Don't even get me started on Gravity Gardens! That will be my next post when I get this bugger done with!

Thanks for your time and advice ahead of time,
    Peace,
    Roo
    Here is a tadbit advice, build something over or near a pathway. Then people wold walk by, watch the construction, and it may generate a little attendance boost because people will come into the park given the fact that there is a new ride being built.

Then take out the least popular rides and stalls and you will get money from them.

Also some scenery items you can get money for removing them, but removing other items can cost you money too.

Nitro is one of the biggest crowd drawing rides the game has to offer. But that obviously is not in your scenario, but hey, its advice .

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

Look at the Popularity/Satisfaction rate, and kill rides that have the low numbers.
    -Monorail Man

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

How far down the hole is your park financially?