"The Sims" (original) on PC

Hi. (clears throat) My name is Altodette, and I am addicted to "The Sims."

The first step to recovery is admiting you have a problem, right?

So - I've played for over 400 Sim-days, and have had a very successful career in Entertainment and now I am moving my way up through a career in politics. I know this game is HUGE. (I have the complete collection with all seven expansion packs.) But how do you find time to go on vacation, visit the Magic Area, have a romatic relationship, etc - when I barely have enough time to go to work, visit with one friend (to maintain relationships), then go to bed and start it all over again? Is there a way to "request" vacation time from your work?

Thanks for your advice.
    -Altodette, Proud Member of Sims Annonymous

• Clearing my Calendar

Re: "The Sims" (original) on PC

It's been a while since I've played the originals. But if I remember correctly, you can miss a day of work without consequence. There will be a phone call saying, "You missed work you bad bad person! Don't let it happen again!" Just make sure your sim is at work the next day and all's well.

There's also an object you can buy for a low low cost of something like 300 simoleans that, after two or so days, sky rockets to in the thousand(s). That's always an option if you want to quit. I'll let you know the object only if you want me to. It's cheating without actually..uh..cheating. Heh.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

You can technically only go to work everyother day. just make sure you don't lose track of whether or not you went yesterday!

I used to love the Sims. I haven't played in forever. I have it for Xbox as well. I really want Sims 2- it sounds awesome.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

I have most Sims games On Sims 2 now but havent played in a while. I want to get sims online. ( is that any good). Currently addicted to VMK though

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Sims Online is no good. I played it when it first came out...too slow for me but to each his own I guess. Anyway, you need to get SIMS 2...very awesome...The third expansion pack actually comes out today. I definetly recommend that for the PC. I recently got SIMS 2 for my PS2 and I find it more difficult to play than the one on the computer. It does have some stuff that is different, one think I like is that you can actually make meals of your own, you have a recipe book and different ingredients in the refridgerator--but be careful, you can make bad food and give everyone food poisoning.

As for the original Sims, do what the others said...work every other day. You'll still get money when you do go to work and you'll have more free time...that's if you don't want to use the money cheats. I'd give them to you but I don't remember them...haven't played since I got Sims 2 when it first came out.

• RAWRR(:

I have all of the first Sims Game and Now all the Sims 2. I am very obsessed and on the first on I usually didnt give them money because of the cheat code for money/simolens (hold shift, ctrl, alt, & C-- than entering rosebud;; and holding in the enter key) In the Sims 2 you hold shift crtl C and enter motherlode which gives you a lot of mmoney like 100,000 each time you enter it, or the smaller ammount "kaching" which I got so tired of typing in!

After I discovered money cheats, I never had my characters go to work ...they did whatever whenever

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

ok....I have been playing the sims since it's release i own all the expansion packs and such...If you are into "Modifing" your game here is a great website

http://www.simslice.com/downloads.htm#ts1

you can download an object called a rehabilatation chamber...it is thae best ting to hapen to the sims since....eating without thumbs....

there are a lot of other site that also have great objects you can download.

if you want any other sites PM me and I will send you a link or 2