Thread: Dang employees!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Dang employees!

I can not stand my RCT2 employees sometimes.

Last night one of my favorite coasters crashed and the Mechanic that was assigned to inspect the ride decided to never inspect it even though he was pretty good at inspecting it before. He just decided to stop. So I fired him and placed him somewhere else in the park with an un-assigned area hoping that I would be able to call him over to the ride and inspect it. I pressed the mechanic icon and tried to call him over but all that happened was that his picture popped up on the screen showing him just walking around. Heck the thing never even called any employees like it should have!!! What the heck? Why does this happen? This is not the first ride I had to close down because of a Mechanic who did not do their job! Plus I hate it when Mechanics just vanish in thin air!!!

Now onto some of my Handymen....They suck pretty much. You see I can not hire anymore employees. My ratings constantly go down because they do not clean the paths that they walk on apparently. Some of the trouble paths have 2 Handymen assigned to them and yet they still fail to clean those paths! So pretty much every 5 minutes when the park rating suddenly goes from 999 to 910 and I check the guest complains to get no useful information that can help me out, I have to see through the scenery, people, supports, and rides and find every single dirty path in the park and put the handyman for that assigned area on the dirty spots so they could clean it up. It is just rediculous how much I have to get the Handymen to clean up their own paths! I shouldn't have to! Heck I fired some security guards and mechanics and ALL of my entertainers to get more Handymen to clean up assigned paths and even that does not help.

I admit some handymen have big assigned areas, but I can not do anything about it because I really can't get rid of anymore employees to help that handyman out. I know of two problem areas that might be fixed if I tweak the paths just a little, but that is pretty much it. Luckily with all the security I had to fire for Handymen, there are no major vandalism complaints.

Any tips for me when it comes to fixing dirty path ways?
    (PS: I really can not get rid of much paths because if I do that many guests would complain about getting lost or not being able to find some rides....I did that before and did not help much.)

I also can not download any patches for more employees because the computer my game is on has no internet connection.
    Last edited by Disney Wrassler; 02-24-2006 at 03:35 PM.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Dang employees!

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Plus I hate it when Mechanics just vanish in thin air!!!
    Actually I always found that funny in RCT games how employee can just up and quit.

This is why I like picking up bad employees and disgruntled guests and dropping them into lakes and ponds.
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Actually I always found that funny in RCT games how employee can just up and quit.
    I bet some of my employees are part of unions.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Never try and operate a true PeopleMover platform complete with Rocket Jets above. They always seem to want to cover the other platform but have no idea how to get there.