• Minion

Post E3 Registration Open for Complimentary Admission

Just got my e-mail from E3 registration, and it states that they are no longer allowing the alumni program. The alumni program basically meant that as long as you had attended an E3 in the past, you could go to a new one automatically if you still had the credentials. Here's the e-mail...

Dear 2005 E3 participant:

Great News!!! Registration for E3EXPO 2006 is now open. Please note there are important changes to this year's registration process.

New Qualification Criteria:
    Due to several changes requested by exhibitors, E3Expo has refined their qualification process for applicants to receive a complimentary admission. In order to maintain a trade-only event we have refined the qualification criteria to those within the immediate interactive industry. Please note that we will require EVERY attendee to document their company's direct affiliation to the interactive entertainment industry regardless of prior attendance. If you have been denied for complimentary admission, we encourage you to either contact one of your affiliates/associates within the industry to seek an industry invitation or register for another E3EXPO package. Your industry identification will still need to be submitted each time you register.

No P5 Alumni Program
    Due to the refined qualification criteria this year, there will not be a pre-qualified registration link emailed to you. All complimentary registrants must register and submit 2 forms of industry identifications in order to be processed. Registration forms and industry identifications must be received no later than April 7, 2006. To register, please visit our web page, www.e3expo.com.
    Thank you for your understanding and compliance with these policies.

Sincerely,
    E3 Registration
    When they first announced the new policies, retailers could only get in by being sent from their parent companies... Good luck asking corporate to do that for you! Now, it seems that the policy is a little less strict...

I hope I can get in this year! Expect a full report each day, as well as tons of pictures and video if I do!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Re: E3 Registration Open for Complimentary Admission

After the overcrowding that happened last year, I'm not surprised that they changed the rules for entry, so to speak. Retail people still has to ask their parent companies to attend (probably more on a district manager level, which would basically mean that they'll just limit store managers and a limited number of assistant managers to attend but probably no peons) but all that says is to ask your product reps (ie Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, Logitech, LucasArts/Disney (done by the same company), etc.) that come into your store to do their marketing to try to hitch an "industry" pass from them.

However, I think it would be better if they actually CHECKED people's IDs everytime you walk into the Convention Center, not just on the first day when you get your badge holder. That would eliminate those sharing their badges with their friends on days that they can't go. I know that I wound up going all three days last year through my own pass, but for my co-workers that couldn't go on the later dates, I just borrowed their passes to let some of my other friends in.

... but noooo... they would rather do stupid things like get rid of booth babes instead.

Anyways, the alumni program was after you went to three E3s in a row. I'm kinda glad that they did away with that.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• done

I've never been to E3 and don't have any more than a passing interest in attending, and there's no reason to go because of my job, so I keep wondering why they send me their brochure every year...

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Re: E3 Registration Open for Complimentary Admission

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    I've never been to E3 and don't have any more than a passing interest in attending, and there's no reason to go because of my job, so I keep wondering why they send me their brochure every year...
    Weird... what do you do?
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P