Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Illuminated

Has anyone ever built EPCOT for RCT2?

Hey I was wondering if anyone has recreated EPCOT yet, since I know everyone only seems to be interested in making their own version of Disneyland. I've very recently started building EPCOT glancing at the map every now and then but obviously its pretty immpossible to recreate things like Spaceship Earth without custom scenery. Has anyone here ever built their own EPCOT?
    "I never miss the chance to have sex or appear on television."

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Has anyone ever built EPCOT for RCT2?

I remember seeing a very beautiful start of a fantasy Epcot that borrowed heavily from WestCOT.

I had started to try and build an actual E.P.C.O.T. but I never got much further than the dome base and some monorail and PeopleMover stations.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I had a fantasy Epcot on RCT AA/CF and a real Future World on AA/CF but now I can't play it as my Win 98 computer bit the dust.
    I was actually going to try a fantasy EPCOT on RCT 2 since that is what I am using now but since I can't get my other parks to work I don't know if I want to try it...

• Illuminated

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    I had a fantasy Epcot on RCT AA/CF and a real Future World on AA/CF but now I can't play it as my Win 98 computer bit the dust.
    I was actually going to try a fantasy EPCOT on RCT 2 since that is what I am using now but since I can't get my other parks to work I don't know if I want to try it...
    Yeah that sort of thing is always a bit of a problem. I've got up to Innovations and left a huge gap for where Spaceship Earth should be cause I ain't decided what I could possibly put there yet. People usually tell me to put a 3-D Cinema there and colour it white but thats gonna look pretty pathetic.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

You could use track and hack to whole thing together. It wouldn't be solid, but could work. Or there is always 1/4 tile scenery, but it would probably appear very much more like a dome.

Quote Originally Posted by Le_Poof
    Yeah that sort of thing is always a bit of a problem. I've got up to Innovations and left a huge gap for where Spaceship Earth should be cause I ain't decided what I could possibly put there yet. People usually tell me to put a 3-D Cinema there and colour it white but thats gonna look pretty pathetic.
    I used a 3D Theater...small but it worked (this was RCT AA/CF). The rest of the buildings were easy.
    But of course I'm still trying to figure out what happened to that computer...so the EPCOT won't be updated for a while.

• Illuminated

Cheers guys i'll have a go then post the results when i'm done. One more question though, do any of you use that dimporter thing to import more scenery into scenario or is there another way?

• враг народа

Blog Entries

I have used DImport, but its has been some time (I build in the Scenario Editor now so I have most of what I need). That currently stands as the only way to add or switch scenery during Game Mode. But you are still confined to the limits of the game. The only other way would be to go back into the Scenario Editor, but then you will lose your rides.

• Illuminated

Lazyboy you are a god damn genius. Why I didn't think of that i'll never know. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    The only other way would be to go back into the Scenario Editor, but then you will lose your rides.
    That feature I hate! Could have saved my Disneyland.

• Small Projects Team

or what you could do it just save the tracks of all your rides, open the save file as a landscape in the scenario editor, change the scenery to your choosing, save as a scenario, and then it's really easy to put in all the rides you lost and still have the same landscape. However with some rides that you may have raised above or below the ground, it is impossible to raise or lower the entire track, in that case, use the 8cars trainer to raise or lower the entire track once it's placed.

Yeah but that become the issue...for many of my rides to save space and to make thier ratings go up many of them are "indoors" and end up going underground. Some are completely underground. It's sad that there is no way to save your rides.

Well I forgot to add I finished my own version of EPCOT...I am darn impressed with some of my areas, especially some World Showcase pavillions.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Le_Poof
    ...but obviously its pretty immpossible to recreate things like Spaceship Earth without custom scenery.
    Difficult and time consuming, but not impossible. I've theorized a way to construct Spaceship Earth in RCT2 but it would be very costly in the amount of scenery it uses up. The park would probably have to be a two mapper because of that.

• Banned User

I just used the theater... then against i think the last time i constructed epcot was in RCT 1 (all the expansion packs) and used my usual stuff... (mission space was last ride build.. and then i had a few problems with it.. lol should have kept horisons)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast