Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: Kids in the Kingdom are driving me crazy!

My daughter (who is 10 years old) is sick of the same things you adults are!!!! She's not allowed to play the pretend bf/gf thing or the pretend family. I just don't think its appropriate. There is a lot of peer pressure among child VMK users to do this type of thing, and she's lost virtual "friends" because she won't break my rule (good for her though!)

She also dislikes the abbreviations used. She says it makes it hard to understand what people are saying, and that a lot of players use it to get around the rules.

I'm beginning to think a VMK pay site would be a great idea! I'd pay $20 a month for her to be able to play in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• For You!

Good for your daughter. I hope that maybe more parents and people will get a clue!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Look to the stars!!!

I am in agreement with everything everyone is saying about VMK. I try not to talk to anyone unless they are asking for help with a quest or with how to play a specific game.

Had a girl say she hated me during a Haunted Mansion game because I was winning. I don't like poor sports and some kids on there need to learn how to say please. Haunted Mansion is one game that I love but I don't like getting booted by the person who started the game when you try to join.

Some of the abbreviations, I'm not too sure of too. Maybe someone can help clear them up for me. What does dc, nvm and npc stand for? It's like you have to learn a whole new language in order to understand the lingo in VMK.

The other thing that bugs me. My signature tells people that I am not interested in trading or being taken but I still get people asking me to trade with them. I simply click ignore but I wish they would read first before asking.

Other than those items that I mentioned, I love the concept of VMK and the challenges that they create for both Adults and Children. I have to agree with Monorail Man that an Adult VMK would be great. I feel so much better now that I got those things off my chest
    I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now. Edna Mode

• LoisAlene

Quote Originally Posted by Sasafratz
    Some of the abbreviations, I'm not too sure of too. Maybe someone can help clear them up for me. What does dc, nvm and npc stand for?
    dc - disconnected
    nvm - never mind
    npc - non-playing character, the Yeti, the Dragon etc.

I am annoyed when I am asked to trade - I have please don't ask in my signature line. If somebody can't read that they get ignored. There is the wonderful regular ignore button, easy to use and poof no more annoying people.

I don't like that for being a family friendly site you have boyfriends and girlfriends. Also whats with the female shirts that show you are extremely well endowed? I'm always green and wearing glasses. Trust me, they don't ask Me if I'm taken.

This is a marketing opportunity for Disney, it not only makes the kids want to go and spend money at the parks but the adults as well. At least that's the effect it had on me.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

It's so nice to see that other people feel the same way. LOL

I can't stand the taken, mummy and boyfriend/girlfriend thing either. You are 2-3 inch pixalated character for pete's sake.

I agree with what everyone has said here, give me an 18 and up version of the game so I don't have to worry that some guy named 'oats' following me around asking to trade all the time. (My fault because he helped me once and I made him a friend but you get the idea)

As far as the dictionary, they just need to eliminate it all together. People have found creative ways to go around it anyway. Like the numbering system for example.

on - one
    to - too
    tea- three
    for - four
    Ive - five

What's the point of putting word restrictions on things that can be worked around?

• RAWRR(:

Wink Re: Kids in the Kingdom are driving me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL

I can't stand the taken, mummy and boyfriend/girlfriend thing either. You are 2-3 inch pixalated character for pete's sake.

I agree with what everyone has said here, give me an 18 and up version of the game so I don't have to worry that some guy named 'oats' following me around asking to trade all the time. (My fault because he helped me once and I made him a friend but you get the idea)

As far as the dictionary, they just need to eliminate it all together. People have found creative ways to go around it anyway. Like the numbering system for example.

on - one
    to - too
    tea- three
    for - four
    Ive - five

What's the point of putting word restrictions on things that can be worked around?
    Even staff use these numbers. Some people use
    no.: number
    fix: six
    even: seven or sometimes eleven
    eat: eight
    fine: nine
    tent: ten
    even: eleven
    on too: tweleve
    etc.
    on house sand: one thousand
    on hill i on: one million
    you get the point

some other abbreviations are..
    afk: away from keys
    ty: thank you
    yw: your welcome (commonly mistaked for yeah whatever i don't know why)
    dc: disconnected
    **rl: real life
    **beach: you can kind of tell
    duck: *******

**=taken out of VMK dictonary

People get desperate and try anything to curse at people or give out information. Its sad that some parents don't monitor little kids or even some teenagers. I will show my mom the game and let her see what it is like and how the enviorment it, I mean its the right thing to do.
    Why can't they take out words that they don't need and add in some words like gymnastics, and other sports. Some people just liek to chat about things that they like to do, while not giving out too much information.

• For You!

I have started taking people off my friends list - I have one kid who follows me around everywhere! I'm 33 years old - and I believe he's in middle school. He said I was pretty (we all look alike) and if I wanted to be his girl. I said I'm a mom and have kids of my own. Go away. I took him off my friend list - and somehow he tracked me down again. So weird.

Oh well. I just remind people that taken talk is against vmk rules - you can report them and they will be banned for a short time. Also, I firmly believe that nobody reads signatures - I got as detailed as I could, and people still ask me for costumes and magic and such.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• RAWRR(:

I have started to take all the people that do the "mummy/child" thing. It bothers me a lot!! Also the taken thing.

• Banned User

i am a kid on vmk and i still dont agree with the taken stuff i mean i am 11 i dont want to be "taken" by anyone! but i have to say with the abrevtions i like them but not all that much like "ty" or "gl" it's like huh what the....i got into the habbit though of saying "thx" and "srry" and "u" and "np"but that is it if i was asked to say more than that i would commit suside (well not taking it that far!) but my point is still at my point. i mean with some of the things that us kids say...i dont think u want to know what we say! well me and my smart friends on vmk are like the only exeption (of the kids) and i feel like some kids with the "will you be my mummy" stuff dont think their mom's in real life are that great...or they want free stuff. i mean i know alot of people on vmk who will say they need a mummy for free stuff. oops to many words better stop thank you for listing to my words bye!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL

on - one
    to - too
    tea- three
    for - four
    Ive - five

i am a kid on vmk and when u need to say a number like one u would use it in the term" we need "on" more poerson for this game; i mean that is the only way i have seen it used

• Minion

I haven't played since Beta... I'm afraid if I go back in, I'll dislike most kids even more than I already do.

And between working at Blockbuster and too many trips to Disneyland, that'll be a hard thing to do!

• Banned User

wow and i never knew about the beta because when i became a member it was....well not beta and i was wondering kinda what is beta?

• LoisAlene

Quote Originally Posted by mewzakuro240
    i was wondering kinda what is beta?
    Beta was when the program was new. It still had a lot of bugs to be worked out. (Beta is a term applied to computer programs that are still in the not-quite-finished phase.)
    I liked the days when you'd log on and see that there were 500 people or so in the kingdom. I still love the game, I wish there were More quests!

Say hi if you run into LoisAlene (I'm always green!)

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

*snickers*

Wow, the complaints won't end.

If you don't want to listen to these kids, then you don't have to. Even if you don't use advanced mode, it's called "ignoring". You're just letting them get to you. Why should you care what a stranger of anonymous age says to you? You're allowing them to bother you by listening.

If I get some random person asking to trade, I immediately click "ignore"...this means I don't have to listen to this individual for a while in the game. I don't trade unless I talk to the person first. It's common ettiquette on vmk...if they don't know, well, their loss. I'm not going to let it annoy me. All I have to do is click a button.

• Prefect

Blog Entries

i just don't go on anymore. i like MM's idea of the over-18 VMK!
    <o>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast