Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Kids in the Kingdom are driving me crazy!

Beta in vmk has been interpeted differently.. it's something that was out during the testing that dissappeared before it went public...

this is Evil abuse of this word... mainly because I say something is being beta tested and they say it has not been released yet...

kids need to learn proper use of the english language..

•   
    • debating what to put here

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Beta in vmk has been interpeted differently.. it's something that was out during the testing that dissappeared before it went public...

this is Evil abuse of this word... mainly because I say something is being beta tested and they say it has not been released yet...

kids need to learn proper use of the english language..

Indeed.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• Banned User

Smile Re: Kids in the Kingdom are driving me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt
    I will be the first to admit that VMK was designed for kids. Even though I am a 39 year old woman, I love to visit VMK and get my Disney fix. Until recently I hardly interacted with the people on screen. Mostly I just played the mini games. But now that I have finished the Tomorrowland Quest and kids see my pin, they ask for my help. So I do. Most of the kids are great and are truly thankful, but there are a few that I just want to clobber and talk to their mothers! I was helping one girl with the space quest and she was on the part where you had to drive around Mars collecting points. She couldn't do it fast enough and ran out of gas. I suggested she should try again when there were not so many kids playing. She started to "cry" and told me I was mean because I would not help her. Then she wrote me a nasty message. What is up with kids these days? After all, it is just a game.

Well, with that said, I truly am not upset. It is just a game. I just wanted to get that off my chest. Anyone else having problems with these kids?
    hi, im a kid on vmk, (12) Keep in mind not all kids on vmk are cry babys, or taken ppl or 'bay bes.' (im not) But some kids do have a hard time in real life, or they are plain attention seekers because their parents dont give them enough. Or even because that kid has no friends and gets bullied, vmk can/will make the child feel better, knowing that someone virtualy accepts them into life. Because that kid can be themselfs and not be afraid to give their own opinions with out being pushed around.

Also, knowing grownups play the game now, im scared..lol Happy Easter everyone!

• Sock Puppet

I agree, lilnikkiey is right. (thx for the avatar thing nik lol)

• RAWRR(:

I really hate the abbreviations I was typing part of my research paper and read it and it had some idk (i dont know)'s in it I mean this is too far...

• RAWRR(:

Question Re: Kids in the Kingdom are driving me crazy!

I was just thinking about the taken thing and it occured to me that it sends off the wrong vibes to young kids about dating. They might go up to anyone and ask are you taken. The other person would be confused and than the child might think if its ok on vmk than why not in real life and parents most of the time don't let their child date until older.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I havne't even seen the family thing yet...although I just started playing again recently.

And I thought it couldn't get any worse than the taken idea.

Wow.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by LilNikkiey
    hi, im a kid on vmk, (12) Keep in mind not all kids on vmk are cry babys, or taken ppl or 'bay bes.' (im not) But some kids do have a hard time in real life, or they are plain attention seekers because their parents dont give them enough. Or even because that kid has no friends and gets bullied, vmk can/will make the child feel better, knowing that someone virtualy accepts them into life. Because that kid can be themselfs and not be afraid to give their own opinions with out being pushed around.

Also, knowing grownups play the game now, im scared..lol Happy Easter everyone!
    I have to say that your reply is very thoughtful and informative. I am an adult on VMK and always tell others who ask if I am taken that I simply do not do the taken thing. It's no skin off my nose and I still have many friends on VMK, some were the ones who asked and I know they are kids, but we are still friends anyway and I help them whenever they ask for help with something. My rooms are always open to everyone and many people come there just to get away from VMK for a while. I also know that a friend of mine is bullied and is very shy on vmk talking to strangers. He talks to me but when someone enters he stays quiet. Lately though he has started to say hi to other people and talking a little with them, and to me that is awesome. I always say how proud I am of his abilities on vmk (games, room building etc.) So in that respect you are right LilNikkiey and I for one will never ignore, boot, or say anything derogatory to any vmk player as that person, young or old, may be there as an escape for just a few hours anyway. That is not to say that some people on there are just being pests (we all have good judgment on that) but don't judge a book by it's cover as that first impression of "are you taken" might be the only way they know of getting to know someone. Just say "I don't do taken but we can still be friends" and watch them glow. Some stay and some go. I make friends with those who stay and as friends we don't bother each other with non-stop trade requests (we give each other gifts and help get stuff for our rooms). We just chat and have fun or invite each other to fun rooms we find and always meet at the end of day to dance at the castle forecourt! VMK is fun and filled with lots of really nice people who are there for the same things I am, to simply play the game and have some Disney fun.

One concern of mine is how does anyone really know if the person playing the "bay be" is actually an adult and the person playing "mummy and/or duh duh" is actually a child. I find that a little disturbing and think that vmk should have it's initial sign-up character to be age appropriate so an 18 or over person is not able to look like a 6 year old in the game through clothes or facial expression choices. I am sure they could write in a program for that in the game since at signup you have to have a parent sign you in if under a certain age anyway. That way kids and adults will know, for the most part, who is who age wise and those adults who are caught playing a "bay be" on the game can be banned for life as that is just plain weird anyway lol.

ps: It got worse lol. Now there are animals like a dog or a rabbit. A child (i hope anyway) will come in wearing a goofy hat with the ears and skin color very dark and do storm magioc and say he is rolling over then type -ruff- ruff- lol. There are even animal shelter rooms lol. It got worse but in itself it is just kids having fun pretending (as long as it is kids) But there you go! Day care for babies and shelters and zoos for animals lol.

Imagination rules! I think Walt would be proud of the creativity that kids are showing on this game but at the same time parents should speak to their child to let them know it is just a game. Hola!
    End of book.
    Last edited by DisneyResurrection; 04-17-2006 at 03:21 AM.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Wow! I never thought there would be so many people posting on this thread when I first wrote it. Who knew there were so many fans of VMK? I have enjoyed reading everyone"s post. Even though I started this thread with a complaint about the game, I really do love visiting VMK, playing the games and talking to people. It is a beautiful world with outstanding graphics. Wouldn't it be fun if Disney made it into a animated tv show?

My VMK name is Sable, after my black cat. If you see someone walking around with a Herbie helmet, red shirt and blue shorts with red flip-flops, say hello!

• Just this guy......

I understand the frustration of people dealing with these kids. Personally I find the “Ignore” button is a great tool. I have to wonder, if it’s this bad just for us, can you imagine what the staff member must go though?

Angry Re: Kids in the Kingdom are driving me crazy!

Keep those thought to yourself, please.

PS. my name on Vmk is either pinkmagicprincess, ( but i got banned.) or GCutie

• Merry 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    I understand the frustration of people dealing with these kids. Personally I find the “Ignore” button is a great tool. I have to wonder, if it’s this bad just for us, can you imagine what the staff member must go though?
    *shudders to think about the poor staff*
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Quote Originally Posted by caitywaity
    Keep those thought to yourself, please.
    Whoa!

Hey, here at MiceChat, people are welcome to voice their opinions. Just because someone doesn't agree, it doesn't mean that people have to remain quiet.

If someone wanted to start a thread to complain about adults in VMK, it would be welcome here, just as much as this thread.

• VMK Person

im sorry if you feel that way about us kids but its mostly for kids right?
    on - one to - two i mean if it bothers you just click ignore oh and the reason we put nvm ty tyvm dc npc ect. ect. is bc it takes time out of typing
    call me WEIRD!! call me CRAZY!! i am who i am
    and thats how i like it

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man

My solution? AVMK - Adult VMK. Make it a low fee (maybe $5 a year), and only allow signups for adults over 18. Provide special promotions for adults, and create a distniction from the normal VMK (such as a non-dictionary based chat, and other stuff).

I agree, start charging, I nkow i'd buy a suscription.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast