Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Kids in the Kingdom are driving me crazy!

I will be the first to admit that VMK was designed for kids. Even though I am a 39 year old woman, I love to visit VMK and get my Disney fix. Until recently I hardly interacted with the people on screen. Mostly I just played the mini games. But now that I have finished the Tomorrowland Quest and kids see my pin, they ask for my help. So I do. Most of the kids are great and are truly thankful, but there are a few that I just want to clobber and talk to their mothers! I was helping one girl with the space quest and she was on the part where you had to drive around Mars collecting points. She couldn't do it fast enough and ran out of gas. I suggested she should try again when there were not so many kids playing. She started to "cry" and told me I was mean because I would not help her. Then she wrote me a nasty message. What is up with kids these days? After all, it is just a game.

Well, with that said, I truly am not upset. It is just a game. I just wanted to get that off my chest. Anyone else having problems with these kids?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Re: Kids in the Kingdom are driving me crazy!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt
    Well, with that said, I truly am not upset. It is just a game. I just wanted to get that off my chest. Anyone else having problems with these kids?
    My personal problem with VMK, is that it's nothing but a deceptive way to get parents to buy DVDs, take the kids to the theme parks, and then buy merchandise in the parks. Kids now have a reason why they want to push mommie and daddy to go to Disneyland and buy a pair of gold ears.

While VMK is a ingenious idea (and I love all the homages to classic attractions, the design guys really captured the feeling of Disneyland), it all seems wasted on the idea of codes, credits, pins, and merchandise. (Some of which are killing the Real Magic Kingdom) Also, they need to kill the netspeak inside of the chat dictionarty. Force these kids to use real english, and not 'ppl who got pin, help plz'.

VMK was more fun in Beta, due to the fact that not everyone was so, well, childish.

My solution? AVMK - Adult VMK. Make it a low fee (maybe $5 a year), and only allow signups for adults over 18. Provide special promotions for adults, and create a distniction from the normal VMK (such as a non-dictionary based chat, and other stuff).

FYI: If you want to play alone, just do what I do, used the "Advanced Mode", and go into rooms that are empty. That allows me to enjoy the sights and sounds (quests, and whatever) without the bother.
    -Monorail Man

• Hey, that's not Rose!

Yes I am sick as heck of hearing, "Will you be" or "are you my mummy?" Some girl came into my room and told me she was lost and needed her mummy, and asked if I was her. I finally said "Sure ok" then she said yay mummy take care of me. What??? I am also sick of kids trying to trade me non rare items for my rare hats. I got offered a Matterhorn yeti NPC pin when she wanted my herbie outfit. I said that's not rare, and she yelled at me, "Yes that is, you are making a big mistake if you don't trade me." I could just tell she was a kid.
    It's Robin Hood I want!

Disneyworld 1987

• Merry 2014!

I love it when some kid says that if I don't trade him/her, they will report me! Go ahead. Report me. See if I care lol. I don't interact with the players very much because of the "taken"/"mummy" thing either. I just do what MonorailMan does and go into rooms without a lot of people. Adult VMK is a great idea! I wish they would do that.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• no flash photography...

I'm tired of the "are you taken" will you be mine"...what si up with that...grow up....and the follow me around bother me about trading...No I don't want yo..why do I ahev to tell you 5 times....I rarely play anymore. It was fun when it was in beta, but when they opened it up it just got annoying.

• Banned User

LMAO!!! Funny thing! I havent played since June, it just got boring and annoying! Come inm I got "married" and after that i was like "ok, this is stupid"! And i really have that they have a dictionary of words you can say, so annoying! I was thinking of going online last week to see if my "wife" was still faithful, but i was like "Why do i care?".

• For You!

Thank you! I'm so glad I'm not the only one that feels this way! First of all, the abbreviations drive me nuts too. Someone told me "gl" in a game and I said, you too. I was then told that all I had to type was "yt". I'm a secretary and can type you too just as fast as yt- so who cares?

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• For You!

Also, I think it's funny when people tell me I'm pretty on vmk - I hate the taken whatever. I just say thank you, considering everyone looks alike and there are no fat people!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Merry 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen
    the abbreviations drive me nuts too.
    Damn Text Messaging! Danm it all to H-E-Double hockey sticks!
    Don't you also love it when they tell you how mean you are when you won't do what they want you to? Like when they beg for stuff and they will say stuff like "You socks! You're mean! You are rich, why can't you give something to a poor kid like me!" Abbreviations deleted so as to spare anyone more annoyance.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Sock Puppet

Can someone give me some vmk codes and give me so help with the tomorrowland quest

• Sock Puppet

my vmk name is bravemisscandy in vmk

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

That is exactly why I stopped playing the game. MM is right- it was WAY more fun in BETA.
    “In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” -Michael Jackson

• Banned User

I stopped playing after things started being really silly. Peeps standing infront of quest goals just to annoy other people was really stupid. Then having entrances that if you go back into them don't bring you to the screen yuo came from - that's just dumb from a navigation standpoint.

• Banned User

^^ yea, i REALLY hated that! I was like in SBC and this little jerk blocked the way for like 3 hours!!

• RAWRR(:

Okay im a teenager and everyone is shocked when they hear me say I hate the abbreviations and taken and mommy thing. Its so annoying once I was like standing there and these people just start typing all these abbreviations to each other than to me and it is like they are speaking some weird language, that I am supossed to understand, especially when people think they mean something totally different. Some people used to say rl as in "real life" or "really" Than some people make up new abbreviations that nobody knows and they request them to the dictonary. It's very confusing! Also like disneyfreeek said someone tried to give me a dragon pin, for my candy cauldron yesterday. I was like how can this person be so stupid to try to trick me like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast