Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• I'm your huckleberry.

Keeping my daughter from VMK

After the horrible experiences my daughter has had the past few days on VMK, I'm considering banning it altogether. Last night was the kicker. Someone managed to steal her teleportation magic, and then got her banned!

I don't know how stuff gets stolen (I've never played, so I don't know how it works), but I would appreciate some advice from you VMK'ers on how she can avoid this in the future. Its happened before, someone made off with her Monsters, Inc. teleportation thingy.

Also, don't the VMK people CHECK before banning someone? If they're just banning anyone who gets reported without checking out the situation, that's just asinine.

My daughter was so upset last night that she was sobbing for a good 1/2 hour. I think I may just have to keep her from playing.

VMK'ers - What should I advise her regarding preventing these things from happening again?

Parents - What do you think, is it time to pull the plug on VMK at my house?

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Re: Keeping my daughter from VMK

I used to enjoy VMK in the early days. There were a lot less troublemakers.

I'd suggest buying her a really cool computer game - even let her pick it out, and encourage her to play with that instead. Does she like Rollercoaster Tycoon? She could build her very own Disneyland with that. It also teaches a bit of creativity, design, and how to budget.

And it also has a "peep generator" so she could even make her friends and family members and put them in her parks.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Well I know that a person can't just take her items. Make sure that she doesn't trade anything or if anyone asks if they can "borrow" or "hold" and item that she tells them no.

The only way she could of had her items taken is if she trades with them. Its tragic but there are some not nice people on this game. If she feels like she is being pressured, that's a definite sign to never deal with that person. The good people who trade in this game won't pressure you.

As far as the ban, I have heard of a lot of people being banned with no investigation. I would recommend emailing CMK and find out exactly what happened and explain to them what you told us here.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    I used to enjoy VMK in the early days. There were a lot less troublemakers.

I'd suggest buying her a really cool computer game - even let her pick it out, and encourage her to play with that instead. Does she like Rollercoaster Tycoon? She could build her very own Disneyland with that. It also teaches a bit of creativity, design, and how to budget.
    That's a great idea! Is RCT the one that they have in Innoventions? She plays that all the stinking time (much to my dismay!) I wonder if they have RCT on PS2, that would be better than on the computer.

Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Well I know that a person can't just take her items. Make sure that she doesn't trade anything or if anyone asks if they can "borrow" or "hold" and item that she tells them no.

The only way she could of had her items taken is if she trades with them. Its tragic but there are some not nice people on this game. If she feels like she is being pressured, that's a definite sign to never deal with that person. The good people who trade in this game won't pressure you.
    The way I understand (with my limited knowledge of VMK), is that she was negotiating a trade, didn't like the deal the other person was offering, and clicked on "No", but the trade went through anyway. I'm not sure how it works, so I could be not understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by a_hyperbole
    That's a great idea! Is RCT the one that they have in Innoventions? She plays that all the stinking time (much to my dismay!) I wonder if they have RCT on PS2, that would be better than on the computer.
    Not sure if it's in Innoventions - haven't gone in there in awhile.

Unfortunately, it's not available on the PS2.

RCT3 and the Soaked (water park) expansion pack is sold together as RCT Gold for about $30. They also have the Wild (zoo) expansion pack for an additional $20.

It's highly addicting, and I bet she'd love it, and also forget about VMK in the process. Also - you can ride your rides!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

If you can afford the monthly fee, I would recommend Toontown, that is a really great Disney game that is safe for your daughter. No trading in that game.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

The way I understand (with my limited knowledge of VMK), is that she was negotiating a trade, didn't like the deal the other person was offering, and clicked on "No", but the trade went through anyway. I'm not sure how it works, so I could be not understanding.
    hmm, this would be the first I'ved heard of that.

The check box is the big thing, if you check that and if the other person checks theirs off, it could still go through even if you click cancl because by checking the box you already agree to it.

If you could log in i could trade you something of mine and show you how it works, unfortunately that isn't possible and I am sorry that happened to her.

• 6 kids before I'm 30!!!!

Im sorry to hear what happend to your daughter a_hyperbole. Ive been in VMK since beta and they have added alot of safe guards with people stealing stuff through trade. You would have to agree twice before the trade goes through. And to get banned staff would have to review it first if a complaint was sent in from another user but if a staff bans you then thats it. They have gotten alot better at it. Hopefully she can play RCT its great. Thanks.
    We rock the party that rocks the party!
    We are truly a new generation of the Brady Bunch!

Good idea!! I totally forgot about ToonTown online. Yet, I still pay the fee....... I really should check in on my toon. She's been there since the early days it came online.

• I'm your huckleberry.

What is toontown online about? How much is it?

Thanks again for the advice guys!

• The Unknown Princess

hyper, I'm sorry this happened to li'l-hyper. I haven't played VMK a lot but there are some of those that will and have taken advantage of my newbieness and my naivete. Once a game gets a person-adult or child- to the point of sobbing I think its a good idea to move on. No game is worth that much tears and heartache. I hope she is feeling better and you can find a possible substitute.
    Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the Disney Ohana

--------------------------------------------------------

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzydisneydee
    hyper, I'm sorry this happened to li'l-hyper. I haven't played VMK a lot but there are some of those that will and have taken advantage of my newbieness and my naivete. Once a game gets a person-adult or child- to the point of sobbing I think its a good idea to move on. No game is worth that much tears and heartache. I hope she is feeling better and you can find a possible substitute.
    Thanks Dee!

What is toontown online about? How much is it?

Thanks again for the advice guys!
    Here's the website:

ToonTown Online

I pay $7.95 a month, but then again, I've been there since the beginning. I think it's $8.95 or $9.95 now. And, you can have up to six toons per account.

• Banned User

Wink Re: Keeping my daughter from VMK

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile
    Here's the website:

ToonTown Online

I pay $7.95 a month, but then again, I've been there since the beginning. I think it's $8.95 or $9.95 now. And, you can have up to six toons per account.
    I play it sometimes.. I'm Figment.. lol (i been on since october.. and rarely play it... only when im bored.. then i get stuck playing it to late.. at least vmk forces me off after a while... lol

As far as the ban, I have heard of a lot of people being banned with no investigation. I would recommend emailing CMK and find out exactly what happened and explain to them what you told us here.
    Use Con Act us (Contact us) and oursuade them it was a wrongfull ban... maybe it will be removed from the records so the kid might become a CL one day...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast