• XBOX 360

12 34.29%
  • Don't know, tough choice!

4 11.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• ...TWO BITS!

Playstation or XBOX??

Hi. I have never owned any game consoles. But looking into it. I might get a used Playstation 2 or used XBOX. Or wait several months after Playstation 3's or XBOX 360's release dates. I'm not a very rich person. I'm about to complete my first year in college.

So far, I'm leaning towards getting a used PS2 (partially for Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2. I've never played them, but I hear good things). BUT, I also would like TRON 2.0. Of course, that game is for XBOX. There are no PS2 discs for it. If TRON 2.0 played on PS2, I would definately get PS2. BUT, quite a few college guys here in the dorms have XBOX. And basically every XBOX owner here as Halo 1 & 2. Great game.

SO, what should I do??

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Huh?

Re: Playstation or XBOX??

Tron 2.0 is available on PC. I like Xbox, but when it comes to a choice like that, go PS2 or PS3.
    -Tim

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

We have a Playstaton 2, XBox and Game Cube. The XBox is idle most of the time, while the Game Cube and the Playstation are always plugged in ready to go with a game in them.

• For You!

My husband bought my kids an XBox and we didn't really like the games. Most are either sports, or shoot 'em up type games. So, we got a gamecube. Basically, we wanted all the Mario and old Nintendo games. The kids rarely use the XBox

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• ...TWO BITS!

Quote Originally Posted by FrumiousBoojum
    Tron 2.0 is available on PC. I like Xbox, but when it comes to a choice like that, go PS2 or PS3.
    I forgot to mention I knew there was a PC version of TRON 2.0. But I don't really like to play on the computer. For me, it seems better to play on a game console.

I'm thinking of a used PS2 because it would be cheaper. I think somewhere around $100. A new PS2 I think is $150. A new PS3 would be $400. I was told maybe after 6 months, it would go down to $300.

So I'm still leaning towards PS2. Now I'm thinking maybe also getting a used XBOX for Halo games and TRON 2.0 and others.

Thanks for the reply, readers!

PS: What makes a game determined to be XBOX, Gamecube, and/or Playstation?? Is it mostly money??

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Vehicle rotating backward

If there's a game that's being released on all 3 systems, usually the Xbox version looks best. However, with all the new systems coming out soon, it's hard to reccomend an old system.

GameCube is basically for people who grew up with Mario and Zelda and love Nintendo because they always have. Nintendo Love is like Disney Love, you either have it or you don't. I don't and so I don't understand the appeal of buying a machine that only is good when one company makes a game, no matter how great that game is.

PS2 just got a price drop, but it's the least powerful of the systems available right now. It's real appeal is exclusivity deals with Grand Theft Auto and Japanese development, so if you're nuts about Konami or Namco I guess you could go for it. All GTA games for PS2 have been ported to Xbox and are playable on 360 as well. It's expected the next one will be on the PS3.

The only real "safe bet" at this moment are the portable systems, particularly the Nintendo DS, which is the most popular girl at the ball right now.

• Practically Perfect

in the end it goes down to which system has more games the interest you. I'm an avid Playstation fan, but if none of the games available appeal to you then check and see if the Xbox games do.

• Minion

Current Gen. Home Consoles
    Family/Kids/Quirky/Innovative = Nintendo Gamecube
    Graphics/Power/Online = Microsoft Xbox
    Variety/Quantity/Overall = Sony PS2

PS2 hands down. Largest list of developers, largest library of games, most variety. The Xbox has a few gems like the Halo series, and their online community system is unmatched. The Gamecube is a pass. Might as well wait for the Nintendo Wii and play Gamecube games on that.

Next Generation Home Consoles
    Family/Kids/Quirky/Innovative/Price = Nintendo Wii
    Graphics/Moderate Price/Action and Shooter Games = Microsoft Xbox 360
    Best Overall/Most Features/Highest Price/Variety = Sony PS3

All speculation. The PS3 will give you the most bang for your buck and will allow you to connect with future technology (i.e. hi-def tv's). The 360 is the best bargain since you get most of the same power for less, although you're sacrificing many features. Nintendo Wii is the biggest gambler. Cheapest and can play all Nintendo games though.

Portable Consoles
    Family/Kids/Price = Nintendo GBA
    Family/Kids/Price/Innovation/Quirky = Nintendo DS
    Graphics/Features/Online = Sony PSP

The best bet for Portable entertainment is the PSP. You get a gameplayer/movie player/picture viewer/web browser/music player... And best of all, new content is released all the time for free! If you're looking specifically for games, the DS is the way to go. Conventional titles don't usually play well (i.e. sports/racing/etc.), but there is a lot of innovation.

• ...TWO BITS!

Wow, thanks everybody. I think now I'm going towards PS3. Another thread just started saying PS3 is gonna be $600!!! So what if I wait 6 months or 1 year to buy it, how much will the price go down? Do you think any used PS3s would be for sale??

Again, thank you very much!!

-Jurassic Park

• Vehicle rotating backward

Unless you really want Metal Gear 4 or Gran Tourismo, I'd hold on before plunking down money on a PS3. Soulquarian's post isn't too bad (although I'm sad he keeps inferring that Nintendo is a childrens thing, Nintendo is no more "kids stuff" than Disney is) but he's making an assumption that the PS3 will enjoy the same kind of popular support it's received the from developers and the public that the PS2 does.

Analysts, pundits, and general sketpics are less sure the world will really buy a system with a total cost of over $500. All other attempts at that have failed, and while PS' name recognition will carry it to a certain extent that it won't fail immediately like a 3D0, it is a rather pricey piece of equipment. It does contain a lot of emerging tech (Blu-Ray) but that tech is worthless to you if you don't own an HDTV because your TV isn't good enough to tell the difference between Blu and DVD.

It all really comes down to what you want to play that isn't released now, but released in the future.

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    Wow, thanks everybody. I think now I'm going towards PS3. Another thread just started saying PS3 is gonna be $600!!! So what if I wait 6 months or 1 year to buy it, how much will the price go down? Do you think any used PS3s would be for sale??

Again, thank you very much!!
    It will still be $500 (lowest model) no matter what. It will come down in a few YEARS, but not a few months.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

• decorating

Quote Originally Posted by Barbaraann
    We have a Playstaton 2, XBox and Game Cube. The XBox is idle most of the time, while the Game Cube and the Playstation are always plugged in ready to go with a game in them.
    Sounds like me and my husband! I'm the more XBox type.
    Playstation tends to mave many more adult themed games (Vice Cities, Resident Evils, just barely examples) and XBox is more kid friendly.
    Course, nothing better than a drunk Mario Party game...

• Old Timer

You have to own both.
    Micechat member # 98

TARDIS
    "Time And Relative Dimension In Space."

• ...TWO BITS!

Okay, so if I buy a used PS2 and XBOX... after awhile when used PS3 and XBOX360 are up for sale and I buy them, what do I do with PS2 & XBOX??

I also decided if I don't end up with an XBOX, I'll go ahead and buy the TRON 2.0 on PC.

-Jurassic Park

• RAWRR(:

I personally like playstation2 the best. It has good games on it and its not likw 500 dollars like the playstation4 which is coming out soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast