Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Angry Long time Nintendo fan, seriously pissed off.

Nintendo Wii: Playing is Believing
    We didn’t get to play the Wii at the Nintendo E3 Press Conference, but it still disrupts our staid video game ways.
    By LIBE GOAD, AOL GAMES
    The Lowdown: It’s official the next Nintendo game system will be called Wii; and it will be released uhh, sometime at the end of 2006.

At the Nintendo E3 Press Conference this morning Nintendo TK Reggie File-Aim brushed over the lack of specific release date. And price of the system, which seemed to put a slight damper on the usually rambunctious Nintendo audience. “As in date and price we believe it in our best interested to keep the details private just a while longer,” Fils-Aime said.

The audience clapped, more fervently at some times then others, as video and demos showed off the game lineup for the Wii system. Developers dressed like stage hands demoed the game on stage – twisting and jerking to shoot arrows in ‘Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess’ and shoot guns and wield a sword in Ubisoft’s ‘Red Steel. ‘Other games making an appearance -- ‘Super Mario Galaxy,’ ‘Tony Hawk Downhill,’ ‘Fire Emblem,’ ‘Madden NFL 07,’ ‘Rayman 4,’ ‘Sonic Wild Fire’ and others.

Could Be Sweet Because: First experiences with the controller have been less than perfect, still can’t wait to get our hands on the nun chuck-like controllers for a longer period of time. After watching various demonstrations on how the controller can be used – as a sword, as a bow and arrow, as a golf club, looks like Nintendo might actually be able to pull off this bizarre (maybe revolutionary?) controller. We really dug the bow and arrow demonstration during the big ‘Zelda’ segment – a guy on stage showed how to shoot the arrow and then showed how players will be able to hear the “fwip” of the arrow from a speaker on the controller that will eventually end up on the TVs speakers as the arrow flies and hits its target.

Could Be Wiik Because: Uh, no release date and no price. Need we say more? The crowds’ high spirits were definitely lessened at the lack of information. Also the game lineup didn’t seem to stray far from the mainstay Nintendo brands like Mario, Zelda and Metroid – and while those games have their merit – it’d be nice to see something other than the graphically-challenged ‘Red Steel’ game from UbiSoft as the real differentiator. ‘Resident Evil’ for Wii maybe? Just sayin.’

Also there was no talk about anything other than the system controller. What about the actual system? Will I have a Nintendo gamer tag; can I play Mario online with my pals? These questions remain unanswered.

Expect to Play It: End of 2006 (?)
    I can't believe it. They lead us along for a year and a half about Zelda: Twilight Princess, and all this "oh its not ready, we're not happy" crap. I am willing to bet they knew all along they wanted it for the Revolution, or I'm sorry, the "Wii".
    What the ing kind of name is Wii?????
    So now the new Zelda game I have rather patiently been waiting for since it was supposed to come out last fall is now on a new system. Which means if I want it, I have to get the new system right away...wasn't my plan. On top of that here they are advertising a new game for a new system, which is actually just a game from their old system...again decieving.
    I feel lead on regarding Zelda. I have always supported Nintendo, always stuck to their systems. Is this anyway to treat your fans Nintendo? Take a highly anticipated GC game...delay it twice then tell all those fans they can get it...on your new system.

Re: Long time Nintendo fan, seriously pissed off.

um the way I read the announcement was that they will be launching with two different versions of the game

one will be GC only and one will be Wii only rather then the half compatible game that has been rumored

I'm pretty sure IGN stated there would be two versions this week right in the show

heck other gaming sites have the news too

http://gc.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=6744

if you don't want to buy a Wii you don't have to

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Um, Twilight Princess is going to be both the GameCube and Wii.

Edit: Wow was I late with that one.

• Banned User

I want to buy a Wii.....it sounds so cool, and reminds me of the classic don’t modern... and doesn't have the hi depth that’s not needed in this generation....

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    um the way I read the announcement was that they will be launching with two different versions of the game
    Alright, phew. The only E3 Zelda news I had seen so far was that release, and boy did it have me fuming.

Thanks.

• Vehicle rotating backward

They've done what you describe before though.

Eternal Darkness, Mario 128, Starfox 2, etc.

• Circle of Ancients

Why is everybody so pissed because there is no price and no release date???

Everything else regarding the system sounds awesome.

Now I just need to figure out how to get a 3rd gaming system hooked up to my TV ... (I hate using the front AV inputs)

• They wanna know, HO!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania

Starfox 2 was cancelled and never came out. Starfox 64 was a whole new project, same with Starfox DS.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Why is everybody so pissed because there is no price and no release date???
    I'm more concerned about my Zelda.

Actually, considering what the 360 goes for, and what PS3 is going to retail for ($499 or $599) I'd say we're better off not knowing.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by testtrack321
    Starfox 2 was cancelled and never came out. Starfox 64 was a whole new project, same with Starfox DS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Star Fox 2s release was most likely cancelled because:

It was too expensive to develop for a system at the end of its prime.

Nintendo did not want to drive customers' attention away from the yet-to-be-released Nintendo 64.

Nintendo may have already planned a Nintendo 64 Star Fox-title and did not want to release two separate games.

The game was to be released at a time too near to when next-generation consoles (at the time) PlayStation and Sega Saturn were coming out.

Although the game's release was cancelled for the SNES, some of the gameplay and ideas were salvaged and transferred to Star Fox 64.
    "We borrowed several ideas. All-Range mode, Multi Player mode, and the Star Wolf scenaria [sic] all came from Star Fox 2. I'd say 60% of SF64 comes from the original game, 30% from SF2, and 10% is entirely new." — Shigeru Miyamoto, Nintendo Power(January 1997)
    I think it's probably safe to say that the development and cancellation of the first game directly impacted the other, and they weren't two concurrent projects.

• With my wife....

One could say the same about Microsoft / Bungie with the Halo series. Although they've never explicitly *promised* that there would be a Halo 3 on the original XBOX, the cliff-hanger ending of Halo 2 made the next in the series inevitable.

I've been holding off on purchasing the 360 for the fact that a) it's too expensive, and b) there aren't any games that have really caught my attention yet (though Oblivion looks just a bit tempting).

So, once the price drops and Halo 3 hits the shelves, I'll probably have to bite the bullet and get my 360.

Why does capitalism taunt me so?!?!
    "I could never convince the financiers that Disneyland was feasible because dreams offer too little collateral"

--Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    I'm more concerned about my Zelda.

Actually, considering what the 360 goes for, and what PS3 is going to retail for ($499 or $599) I'd say we're better off not knowing.
    Do you think its going to be alot or something? It probably won't be more than $250 max.

Mario 128 was never a game

there was a technical demo way back when the Gamecube was first shown to people under that name but there wasn't an actual game design

however the name caught on with fans and people have been demanding it ever since

Mario Galixy is for sure not Mario 128 I can tell you that much

not sure on Eternal Darkness and starfox 2 was already mentioned

sometimes this stuff happens the deal with Zelda was that it was promised for sure

and Nintendo is staying true to the promise which is good and alot of people like that there will be two ways to play

Quote Originally Posted by C-HOX
    Do you think its going to be alot or something? It probably won't be more than $250 max.
    I'm gonna say $300-350.
    Microsoft has shown you can get people to cough up ridiculous amounts of money for a system (360) so I think that is why Sony is comfortable with thier PS3 price and why Nintendo will jump on, even if they want $250 and ask for more to start.

• Don't Panic

nintendo has said that it will cost less than others.
    and plus, software developing costs for the wii are oh so much lower than the other two, so game costs probably won't be affected very much either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast