Thread: Spore

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Spore

Has anyone been following this game at all? I heard about it from a friend the other day and spent some time looking into it. Let me just say, it's amazing. It's another stroke of genius from Will Wright (Sims, et al). Basically, this time around, the name of the game is almost, if not, TOTAL personalization, plus easy sharing between all players.

The concept at the base of the game seems relatively simple, although it spans multiple levels. You start at the cellular level, fighting for survival, then go on to the creature level where you get to build a creature and interact with other species and creatures. From there, onto the tribal level where you begin to organize with others of your species into a small society. Then it's into city mode, where cities begin being built. After that, the game is taken to space mode where you can leave your planet and explore your star system, and even the galaxy which is made up of MILLIONS of star systems.

In terms of release date, it's looking to be around Q1 of 2007, and I must say that it's caught me. I just hope this game doesn't collapse under its own weight like other novel ideas have before it (ie, The Movies, in my opinion).

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

Re: Spore

my friend has been following this game for the past 2 years.,..lol....He is so obsessive over it...it seems to be very fun

• no flash photography...

I'm totally going to get it when it's available..

• Don't Panic

the more and more i read about it, the more and more i hope that it will do fantastically.

the premise is great, and we know will wright can pull off things this big.
    ------

------

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Gumball Rally Volunteer!

I am eagerly awaiting this game too. Looks to be a heckova lot of fun, and interesting to look at too.

I'm currently playing Titan Quest right now. If anyone remembers/liked Diablo, you'll like TQ.
    Happy Anniversary, MiceChat!