Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Jellyfish!

Last edited by Fluffy Bubbles; 05-29-2006 at 05:33 PM.

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

Re: Green Flips for sale on eBay!!

Woopdee sh**
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• We're number one!

I don't understand why anyone would want green flips in the first place. I mean I understand that they are rare but they're green! I mean I would rather have black flips in the game. I will be so happy if they ever create those for the game.

350 dollars for some pixels is insane.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

There's an old trick that is used in the auction world called a straw bidder. VMKer's with "mules" will be able to relate. The seller... using a different identity... bids up his own item to some outrageous price. If someone outbids this... GREAT! Even if the item doesn't sell, a "legitimate" value has been established. This can be useful in a subsequent sale.

"Well, Mr. Sucker, I put a pair of these up for auction on eBay and got a high bid of $350! Obviously, you can see that this second pair I'm offering you for a mere $250 are a great bargain. (There was only ever a single pair. First, bid to an insane price in a phony auction and second, sold to a sucker.)

Before we all get excited about this particular auction, I'd wait to see if a second bid comes in.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Jellyfish!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    Before we all get excited about this particular auction, I'd wait to see if a second bid comes in.
    I wasn't planning on bidding on them, I was just surprised that a) they were on eBay b) that they were selling for that much!

• We're number one!

I kind of figured that's what happened with the mule bidder. I always suspected this is what happened I'm just glad to see someone actually confirm it. I mean that item went up not long ago and already someone is willing to bid 350 dollars for those flips.

• I was deleted.

Interesting since they aren't an item that has a cash value and ebay users and vmk users can get their accounts terminated for doing this. And people have!

• I was deleted.

Wow! Tons of things on sale in there.. including things you can *gasp!* still purchase in the game or are free from other games?

• Jellyfish!

I know, some people are making money off of things that are still easy to get on VMK. Well, I guess if people will actually buy the stuff...
    You can get banned?! I didn't know that.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

If you really want to wear green flips in VMK, isn't it a whole lot easier ( and cheaper) to put on your red ones and fiddle around with the settings on your monitor?
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    If you really want to wear green flips in VMK, isn't it a whole lot easier ( and cheaper) to put on your red ones and fiddle around with the settings on your monitor?
    yes!

hmm... I have been told by many CMs about Disney watching the ebay sales so we shall see. Not sure if the buyer gets punished but I know the seller does.

You all are shocked by that has no one noticed the auction of the high school Musical stuff on sale for the quest that has not been released yet?

this is the auction listing
    HIGHSCHOOL THE MUSICAL ITEMS VMK VIRTUAL MAGIC KINGDOM RESERVE UR ITEMS NOW BE THE 1ST IN THE KINGDOM TO OWN

YOU ARE BIDDING ON THE HIGHSCHOOL THE MUSICAL ITEMS. THIS IS THE LATEST QUEST TO HIT THE PARKS. BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO OWN. ONCE I GET THESE ITEMS I WILL E-MAIL U THE CODES. THESE ITEMS SHOULD BE OUT REAL SOON. IF THERE OUR CARDS OR ANYTHING ELSE U GET FOR COMPLETING THE QUEST U WILL GET WHATEVER IT IS ALSO. THIS IS FOR THE DISNEYLAND VERSION IF THERE ARE DIFFERENT VERSIONS. UNLEASH THE MAGIC!!!!!!
    I will never grow up if it means looking like I've sucked on Persimmons all my life!!!!

Never Judge someone because of how they talk or write you may just find out that they have Dyslexia!
    </IMG>

• Jellyfish!

Quote Originally Posted by garosepink
    You all are shocked by that has no one noticed the auction of the high school Musical stuff on sale for the quest that has not been released yet?

this is the auction listing
    HIGHSCHOOL THE MUSICAL ITEMS VMK VIRTUAL MAGIC KINGDOM RESERVE UR ITEMS NOW BE THE 1ST IN THE KINGDOM TO OWN

YOU ARE BIDDING ON THE HIGHSCHOOL THE MUSICAL ITEMS. THIS IS THE LATEST QUEST TO HIT THE PARKS. BE ONE OF THE FIRST TO OWN. ONCE I GET THESE ITEMS I WILL E-MAIL U THE CODES. THESE ITEMS SHOULD BE OUT REAL SOON. IF THERE OUR CARDS OR ANYTHING ELSE U GET FOR COMPLETING THE QUEST U WILL GET WHATEVER IT IS ALSO. THIS IS FOR THE DISNEYLAND VERSION IF THERE ARE DIFFERENT VERSIONS. UNLEASH THE MAGIC!!!!!!
    Yeah, I saw that too!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by garosepink
    I noticed it when I just did a search. That doesn't suprise me as much as the pink Monsters doors, Narnia items, or Everest items did.

• Banned User

Ebaying is adding a cash value to something that has none, and on top of that those cards have no cash value and against disney rules to be sold...

Why do these people keep breaking the disney rules... Its a free game, people should enjoy it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast