Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,659
    Blog Entries
    10

    I Have Rct3 Gold Finally!!!!

    Well after a year of having back and fourth thoughts about the game, it was on sale today at Wal Mart and I finally got it!!! I know I am late at buying it, but so far it works good on my other computer. I am playing around with the fireworks right now.

  2. #2

    • MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    4,617

    Re: I Have Rct3 Gold Finally!!!!

    -Monorail Man

  3. #3

    • Mountain Dew User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    3,226
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: I Have Rct3 Gold Finally!!!!

    congrats! I was also going to say to check for updates, they also have two expansion packs : soaked and Wild. PM me if you want to know anything about it and good luck!


  4. #4

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,659
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: I Have Rct3 Gold Finally!!!!

    I will update later since it is on my other computer .

    Yes I do have a few questions. I know how to put the scenery underground. BUT I wanted to know if we can get an underground camera angle so we know where exactly underground our scenery is being placed? I mean I would like to ride an underground ride and watch it drive through all the sets of scenery I placed underground. Is that possible?

    Also, how can we view the underground? In RCT2 all you had to do was click "View Underground".

    On top of that how do we get our music into the game? Do we have to find RCT3's file folders and place it in the right one?

    Can you tell me also how to make waterfalls and if there is anyway we can make our parks before any guests get into the park? I was playing RCT3 in the sandbox mode and noticed that people were entering into the park. I would atleast like to have my park finished before they enter.

    How can we record the videos of our rides and where are they usually saved too?

    All in all I am having fun figure this all out !!

    OH MM, what are the updates you linked to in your post? What do they do?

  5. #5

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,659
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: I Have Rct3 Gold Finally!!!!

    Oh Fantasy, I got Soaked also. It came in the "Gold" pack. Soaked and RCT3 were on sale for two for the price of one so I got them and saved $40 . I like the little things too like how the entertainers attract audiences and all those ride through stages (The shark, volcano, etc).

  6. #6

    • Mountain Dew User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    3,226
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: I Have Rct3 Gold Finally!!!!

    Well, wrassler. you can't get a camera veiw under ground unless it is a mountain, you can see underground by going to the glasses and selecting the under ground portion, I can't remember what it is under. when you install RCT 3 it automatically creates a music file in your music, just drag the songs you want to the folder, then when the game menu comes up click options and put a check by "use music from my RCT3 file" and when you select music for the rides and or speakers the songs will appear in the list to choose from. You can create waterfalls by clicking the land button then create two bodies of water one real high and one on the ground, then click a little blue button that looks like a waterfall and click the top portion of your body of water, then click the bottom and a waterfall should appear. a box might come up and say that you need a higher body of water or a bigger edge, you can just mess around with that until it accepts the waterfall. to stop letting peeps in, you just click on the entrance and close the park, they should stop entering. I am not sure how to create a video of the park, I still havn't figured that one out yet. The updates include new devices such as sidewalk speakers, new attractions, pathways, and firework shows. the best part about the updates is that the staff don't complain every five seconds which really got annoying, with the updates you can train them. Good luck! let me know if you need any more info.


  7. #7

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,659
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: I Have Rct3 Gold Finally!!!!

    I just made a Country Bears log flume ride last night. Sure it ain't the best thing, but what else is expected

    You see I placed loud speakers all over the place.

    The boarding dock is out doors but then you go into the first inderground building and you can barely hear "Ghost Rider in the Sky" and "Rockytop Tennessee". Then you get out of the building after a minute and you are in a western town where the song "Rockytop Tennessee" is the main song played. After leaving the western town you go back underground and go down a drop. Then after you go up the hill you enter the spooky themed area where "Ghost Riders in the Sky" is played. After that scene you go into another building and this time go down the larges drop. As you go up the lift hill you hear "Teddi Berra" sing "Singing in the Rain." In this instance it is a mermaid singing it. As you pass the mermaid, you see a pirate captain trying to battle off a wasp as the song "Impartial to Nature" is heard. Then after passing the captain, you pass a lake where a squid is attacking the pirate ship and a shark lounges out at you. After that you hear all the bears singing "Thank God i'm a Country Bear" as you go down the last two drops. Then eventually you come back up and connect with the boarding deck.

    Not bad for a beginner actually. When I discover how to make videos of the ride, I will post it.

    I spent all yesterday figuring out how things work.

    Okay here is my next question.

    How do you get stuff like the tour boats, dolphin/whale shows to work? I mean I tried to place these things in the park but was not allowed to place them on the water or land.

  8. #8

    • Mountain Dew User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    3,226
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: I Have Rct3 Gold Finally!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    I just made a Country Bears log flume ride last night. Sure it ain't the best thing, but what else is expected

    You see I placed loud speakers all over the place.

    The boarding dock is out doors but then you go into the first inderground building and you can barely hear "Ghost Rider in the Sky" and "Rockytop Tennessee". Then you get out of the building after a minute and you are in a western town where the song "Rockytop Tennessee" is the main song played. After leaving the western town you go back underground and go down a drop. Then after you go up the hill you enter the spooky themed area where "Ghost Riders in the Sky" is played. After that scene you go into another building and this time go down the larges drop. As you go up the lift hill you hear "Teddi Berra" sing "Singing in the Rain." In this instance it is a mermaid singing it. As you pass the mermaid, you see a pirate captain trying to battle off a wasp as the song "Impartial to Nature" is heard. Then after passing the captain, you pass a lake where a squid is attacking the pirate ship and a shark lounges out at you. After that you hear all the bears singing "Thank God i'm a Country Bear" as you go down the last two drops. Then eventually you come back up and connect with the boarding deck.

    Not bad for a beginner actually. When I discover how to make videos of the ride, I will post it.

    I spent all yesterday figuring out how things work.

    Okay here is my next question.

    How do you get stuff like the tour boats, dolphin/whale shows to work? I mean I tried to place these things in the park but was not allowed to place them on the water or land.
    Your ride sounds great! I do not have the soaked expansion pack so I don't know how to get those shows to work, sorry! I plan on getting Soaked! soon along with Wild. Also: try making a ride crash and ride it at the same time.

    here are some cheats, just type them in the names of guest:

    David Braben- increase chain lift as high as you want!
    Frontier- Rides don't break down.
    Guido Fawkes- access to advanced firework editor
    James Hunt- you can drive a dune buggy around the park.
    John D Rockefeller- get ten thousand dollars.
    John Wardley- make coasters as high as you want! (try 2,000 feet)
    Jon Roach- guest must ride all rides before leaving park.
    Jonny Watts- see your park through the eyes of a peep.
    D Lean- flying camera: not sure what it does, but it's there.


  9. #9

    •   
    • debating what to put here
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,338

    Re: I Have Rct3 Gold Finally!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Okay here is my next question.

    How do you get stuff like the tour boats, dolphin/whale shows to work? I mean I tried to place these things in the park but was not allowed to place them on the water or land.
    If I recall correctly, the water has to be the right deepness for the shows to be placed in them. If you move the show around a bit, you should find a place where it turns blue. Then you can place it.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

  10. #10

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,659
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: I Have Rct3 Gold Finally!!!!

    I asked MM this too but I am having a problem with recording the videos.

    I know thst pressing Shift+Ctrl+F11 starts/stops the recording, but when I go to play it back on Windows media player I do not get all that was recorded! I only get portions of what was recorded! For example, last night I recorded my 7 minute Country Bear ride and when I went to play it on the media player, I only got the first minute! On top of that there was no audio for some reason. Is there anything I am doing wrong?

    Oh and thanks for all your tips guys ^^

  11. #11

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,659
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: I Have Rct3 Gold Finally!!!!

    On RCT3, is there a button I can click that will allow me to plot multiple pieces of scenery at the same time like in RCT 2?

  12. #12

    • Mountain Dew User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    3,226
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: I Have Rct3 Gold Finally!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    On RCT3, is there a button I can click that will allow me to plot multiple pieces of scenery at the same time like in RCT 2?
    No there is no such thing in RCT3, I miss that too. They did bring one thing back from RCT1 and that is the boosters. They are actually not boosters but Block Brakes. on any roller coaster put in some block brakes in front of a large hill or where ever you want them and then raise the speed to how ever high you want it to go. The train does not stop it takes of really fast, it is something to try.


  13. #13

    • MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    4,617

    Re: I Have Rct3 Gold Finally!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    On RCT3, is there a button I can click that will allow me to plot multiple pieces of scenery at the same time like in RCT 2?
    No, but you can use the Building editor (it saves specfic items of scenery you select), and create a 'plop' of trees. Then save them as a building, and then you can plop how you wish. Rotate your 'plop' for a more random look.
    -Monorail Man

  14. #14

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,659
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: I Have Rct3 Gold Finally!!!!

    That is a really good idea MM !!

  15. #15

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    17,659
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: I Have Rct3 Gold Finally!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by fantasywatersfreak
    No there is no such thing in RCT3, I miss that too. They did bring one thing back from RCT1 and that is the boosters. They are actually not boosters but Block Brakes. on any roller coaster put in some block brakes in front of a large hill or where ever you want them and then raise the speed to how ever high you want it to go. The train does not stop it takes of really fast, it is something to try.
    I will definately try it !

Similar Threads

  1. Help on RCT3
    By chinken6 in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-25-2006, 08:12 PM
  2. View of Gold Lamposts and Gold Castle
    By WDI33 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-13-2005, 06:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •